My Old kitties issues, chronic pancreatitis?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I have been really busy with work.  DeeJay had her 6 month bloodwork this week and I am a VERY happy mama. I think the BUN is probably due to the Raw Diet she is on now as that can elevate both BUN and CREA.  I think her bloodwork looks amazing for an almost 15 year old cat.

BUN in Dec 39  NOW: 41

CREA in Dec 1.7  NOW: 1.5

She does have an elevated Globulin level but just slightly so we are going to put her on a low dose of antibiotics and pulse them (1 week on, 1 week off) to see if we can't get rid of this infection.  My dad thinks it's her pancreatitis acting up.  She isn't showing any signs other than itching herself to death (head, front legs, and belly).  I realized that I was giving her Temptation treats and those have wheat and stuff in them, so I have switched her to a different treat to see if that will help with her extreme itchiness.  The vet I work for thinks it has to do with stress too.  One of my younger cats (Cedes) tends to pick on DeeJay a lot.  So I have my Feliway diffusers going in 3 rooms that DeeJay frequents to try and help.  We are considering Amitryptylline to help too.  I am already using Bach's Flower Essences with her.

Last edited:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
For treats have you tried the freeze dried 100% pure meats like WholeLife or Purebites?  That's what I use, and the furkids love 'em.  I buy the dog sized bags because they are so much less expensive.