My cat keeps weeing & popping everywhere!

londonlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi could somebody give me some advice please regarding my Sugarplum. She lives with us along with her brother & 6 other cats. Suddenly she has started wetting & pooping everywhere - I have thought that this maybe territorial but have noticed that if she gets a fright, her bowels & bladder just open. For example I was watching a horror film in bed & she was asleep at the end of the bed, the film made me jump which in turn made her jump & with that she peed & pooped all over bottom of my bed. However she knows she's doing wrong as she immediately flies downstairs & out the cat flap. Also another thing with her is that she is forever biting (or licking) herself down there to the point that it's almost obsessive. She has been deflead & wormed so I can rule out both of those. Would appreciate any answers, thank u!

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, the poor thing. The obsessive biting and licking is a huge sign of pain. lt sounds as if she has a UTI or constipation, or some kind of distress down there and needs to see a vet.

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with a vet visit ASAP. It doesn't sound like a territorial issue to me. It sounds like there is a medical cause which needs to be treated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

londonlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aww, the poor thing. The obsessive biting and licking is a huge sign of pain. lt sounds as if she has a UTI or constipation, or some kind of distress down there and needs to see a vet.
Thank u so much for your advice - shall make appointment tomorrow.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

londonlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree with a vet visit ASAP. It doesn't sound like a territorial issue to me. It sounds like there is a medical cause which needs to be treated.
Thank u so much for your advice, will be making appointment for vet tomorrow.