My cat is vomiting more than 10 times in the past 24 hours

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
The teeth on this one are rounded and you can run it over your hand all day without anything happening. I do have an older style that was meant to cut mats specifically which is quite sharp; it is very effective on mats, but there could be the possibility of injury with the older style. IndyJones IndyJones

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mymnazari

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Atlas is home 🥰 He drinks water, pee and poop but still does not eat food.Just like last time I bought different type of food to see if we can tempt him. He is certainly in pain. He is very bruised on his both hands and stomach (this was not the case in March surgery). I keep him in a bedroom with no bed so he does not need to jump anywhere . I put a screen on entry so the other two cats can see him during the day. Last time I completely separated them for 14 days but then it took another two week for the other two cats to accept him so we thought probably if they see each other through screen it can help them.
I feel better that he is home, still feel guilty that he has been cut two time in 3 months but based on doctor there is not that much that I could do to prevent it. Thanks a lot for your kind messages❤

mymnazari

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have you tried a furminator brush on him? They are a bit pricey but really do work like the pictures. I was shocked how much hair it got off Indy and she has short hair but a thick undercoat.

I got a giant furball off her with it.
I have something similar but I am not sure the quality is as good as the one that you mention. Thanks for your suggestion. I will buy it.

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Atlas is home 🥰 He drinks water, pee and poop but still does not eat food.Just like last time I bought different type of food to see if we can tempt him. He is certainly in pain. He is very bruised on his both hands and stomach (this was not the case in March surgery). I keep him in a bedroom with no bed so he does not need to jump anywhere . I put a screen on entry so the other two cats can see him during the day. Last time I completely separated them for 14 days but then it took another two week for the other two cats to accept him so we thought probably if they see each other through screen it can help them.
I feel better that he is home, still feel guilty that he has been cut two time in 3 months but based on doctor there is not that much that I could do to prevent it. Thanks a lot for your kind messages❤
I bet it feels good to have him home! :) :grouphug2:

I love that they are allowed to see each other - that will be a comfort to them all.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
When my cat won't eat it's because she needs crushed freeze dried treats, shredded meat location,kind of bowl,or my other cats are bothering her or I have to be with her. Especially since your cats been to the vet. He needs extra attention from you so be with him when he eats

mymnazari

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi. If he is in pain call the vet and get better or more pain medication for him. Did they send you home with any.
The bruising is a little concerning to me. I would call and talk to the vet if you can.
I think he is comfortable now. My concern is that he has not eaten yet. He drinks water and eat his medication for appetite, nausea and pain but still no food. I will call hospital tomorrow to see if I should take him there again.

mymnazari

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
For
How are you all doing today?
We are better, thanks for asking.

I am still nervous for him since he has not eaten food. He did not show interest to any wet food. In the evening he chewed one or two treats but did not swallow at all which is strange. I feel he is probably overmedicated. I give him buprenorphine 0.3mg twice a day based on doctor instruction. He is quiet and sleeping with open eyes most of the day. He shows interest when he hears his food time noises and come to the place but not eating at all.

mymnazari

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He has not eaten food yet but he drinks water and use his litter box. The vet stopped his pain medication because that may cause loss of appetite. If he does not eat till tomorrow, we should take him back to hospital.

mymnazari

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I tried but did not worked. Do you mean forcing to his mouth? I do not like to do that. It may hurt him.

Nebaug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Why don’t you try baby food? Gerber,chicken turke and beef are the flavors no vegetables. Usually even if they don’t want anything, they will eat that.

mymnazari

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have multiple cans of kitten food but he does not need. I am nervous that something went wrong from surgery that he is in this situation.