My Cat Is Very Sick!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here you go & sorry apparently I'm a little spacy today.

www.felinecrf.com

I wish i could tell you something that would help him get better, but I just don't know what to say. Just a little bit of info, if he is becoming dehydrated the vet will probably give him sub-q fluids. Not at all painful for the cat & really helps them stay hydrated. I've been doing it at home every other day for the past year & a half. I'm also a shelter volenteer & just as a little boost I've seen cats come back from what I thought was certain death. Keep doing what your doing & he's one lucky kitty to have a Mom who loves him so much.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sonia, I'm sorry I'm responding so late, but I just now read your entire thread. That poor kitty!!!! Snowball and I are sending our wishes for his quick recovery!!!

I'm not an expert on cat diseases, but have you asked your vet about the possibility of Fatty Liver Disease (Feline Hepatic Lipidosis)? There are several threads about this condition in this forum.
Here is a link to one of them.http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...threadid=22626

G

ghostuser

Hi sonia...
Just wondering how you're all doing?
I hope Pauie is better today!

You're in our thoughts...
Love & Hugs ... from Bobbie, Zooey, Mythie, The Pilot & Me

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sonia

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Pauie is at the vets. He will be there for a couple of
days at the very least. The vet is very concerned and has
said that we have to prepare ourselves ( I hate hearing that )

Anyway, he is back on a drip, and if he doesn't eat, then they
will have to consider some other method of feeding. He is now
dangerously underweight.

When Pauie smelt the vet, before we got inside the building, he
suddenly found some energy, yowled his head off, shot to the back of the carrier, and started panic digging. Gosh, that was it...I was in tears. Not helpful, I know, but it's horrible to deliver him somewhere we all know he hates, and then get told yet again to prepare ourselves.

I better go, Im at work, I'll only start crying again.

Thanks everyone.
Peace, Love, and Happiness, Always
Sonia

G

ghostuser

Sonia...
Hang in there ...
Em... did you ask your vet about the energy gel...

If you're in england perhaps you can find a reiki practitioner...
Animals tend to respond quite well to this sort of thing...
I can find one for you if you like

Gosh... Poor baby.
More Hugs... Hang in there.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have been reading this thread and hoping that there is good news. Is there an update?

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sonia, if the vets have to consider a different method of feeding Pauie, ask them if inserting a feeding tube is a possible option. Also, something from home like a blanket or clothing that has your scent on it will help to calm Pauie if he is frightened about being at the veterinary clinic.

Please continue updating us about his condition.

missy&spikesmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh, I read your entire thread and it had me in tears!! I am so hoping, that your Vet was able to save your little kitty. How sad that you and your kitty have had to go through all these horrible things, to get an answer to what is happening. My thoughts are really with you....

sonia

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much for all your advice and help.

On Saturday afternoon, the vet called and said he is alot brighter and wants desperately to come home, so that is exactly what we did.
When we got to the surgery you would have thought that they were killing him ! We could hear him meowing...he has his voice back !

Anyway, when the vet bought him down, and he caught a glimpse of us, he yowled as if he was saying " I'm here !!!! " It was so cute and I had to take a huge breath to get myself under control.

The test results are all back and all negative. The positive thing is that while he still has chronic, very watery stools, he knocked back several bowl fulls of Hill Scientific I/D diet food, whilst there. The towel we had in the carrier, they hung over the front of his pen, and then a thicker blanket over that, so while he was in darkness, he was a lot more settled, and maybe out of boredom, ate the food.

Since he has been home, we have him on a diet of chicken and I/D diet, and I hope I'm not presuming things to fast, but he actually has the tiniest bulge of a 'food bady' showing ! Can't tell you how
delighted I am !!!

When we got home, I started to read the paper, and he stepped over my hand and he curled up on the table, in my arms, and slept from 7pm to 11:40pm. I am now in so much back pain, as I didn't want to disturb him by moving, and he just didn't stop purring. I was also just pleased to be able to cradle Pauie, in a little purring curled up ball again.

He does seem a lot brighter. Although he is now crawling with fleas, but the vet said wait 10 days before treating him with Advantige, to give his body a chance to recover a little. He is so
purrey and mews a lot like a kitten if he's alone for a minute in the room.

Thank you all for the emails. I did ask about Nutrigel Yzma, but the
vet only knows of a powder and he didn't want to give it to him, as
it can irritate the bowel.

Pauie has to be kept on a pure diet of chicken and nothing else, for the time being, except that I/D diet. He only eats chicken, if he thinks he is stealing it from my plate and I'm eating at the same time ( heeheeheee...I will be living on chicken myself at this rate...at least I'll lose weight ! ), otherwise he tends to pick at the I/D food as if it's poisonous. Still, I'll live on chicken for the rest of my life it means he'll eat !

Pauie is far from being out of the woods, but at this moment in time, I think he may have the tiniest claw tip, edging towards the road to recovery. How I, or my family would have coped if we hadn't had all your support and messages of kindness, I never would have known. Thank you from the the very bottom of our hearts.

Peace, Love, and Happiness, Always
Sonia, Pauie,
& the rest of the Harmon family Clan.

This is a picture of Pau Sau before he went to the vet. Look how skinny his back end is

sonia

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My sick kitty again. His sides are terribley fallen in...he looks better in the photo than he actually was !

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Sonia-

I am thrilled to read this! Here is hoping he continues to recover,a and you do as well, for your heart has really been through its paces lately.

Hugs ((((((((())))))))))

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so glad for the news - it does seem like board magic works here.

I will continue to hope for his continued recovery.

sonia

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This was when he first came home...he checked out his favourite haunts indoors...to me anyway, he looks like he's smiling !

sonia

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just two more...am so pleased he's home !

This was taken a few minutes ago, on our stairs. He's still very thin, and you can see the shaved off bits from the drip and blood tests. He looks a lot brighter today !

sonia

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok, last one...can you see the tiniest bulge on his tummy, or is it just me ??? Thanks for putting up with my piccie postings !!!

yola

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank goodness things seem to be taking a turn for the better with Pauie, Sonia.

I'm so glad he's home and feeling better. Keep a close eye on him, and thanks very much for keeping us updated, let us know how he progresses.

missy&spikesmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
AAAWWWW!!! I am SO happy to hear that he has improved, and hope you see big improvement EVERY day now!! I know, when my little Missy kitty was very sick, the Vet told me to give her poached chicken. Sooooooo....little Miss Missy decided SHE was NOT going to eat CATFOOD anymore!!!

--Which eventually she DID!!
But she was not so very happy, but is FINALLY used to her kitty food again!