My cat is pregnant

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can you tell if she is having contractions? Cats will soothe themselves through the pain by purring. The contractions will look like ripples in her belly.

Elfilou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
eek! I think they're coming ^__^ We all expect pics! also yeah, I know from my friends litter that most cats want their favourite human with them. This particular cat was 'mean', hissed a lot if you came too close or made sudden movements. (neurotic really. she'd been through some stuff) She got all lovey-dovey when she was pregnant, and didn't give birth until my friend sat down with her and petted her while she gave birth.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

princesspippa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are here 4 kittens had first one at 3.30 she hasn't ate placenta of last kitten what's the best way to remove it myself?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats!  You can pinch off the placenta using your fingernail.  Make sure you wash your hands first.  You want to leave an inch or so of cord.  You can tie it off with plain dental floss if needed.

princesspippa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Am I able to do it with sterilised scissors?

princesspippa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you she took care of it herself so saved any interference from me lol

princesspippa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you cant believe how quickly it happened! I thought I was imaging labour signs as she wasn't really vocal but wanted us to be with her. X

Elfilou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
aww so sweet! how are the babies? what do they look like? are they latching on good?

princesspippa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Il try get pics later I am just giving mum sometime to bond with her babies as she's doing so well baby's are latching on good etc. So letting her get on with it will weigh them later on if she lets me but all seem to be getting milk x

princesspippa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you [emoji]128522[/emoji] I still haven't weighed them as yet as I'm really not want to upset mum. Shes been fab just laying in the bed with them. When I go in she will get up have some food and a drink n go bk. Her appetite is good. X

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you weigh them in front of mom or while she steps away she likely won't mind. It's a really good idea to get a sense of their size and how much they're gaining.

princesspippa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I managed to weigh what looked like the smallest which was 138g is this good? I will try later on when kids are in bed as I haven't even told them about kittens so only in the room to check them so will weigh them only problem is 3 are all identical.. X

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That's close to 5 ounces and is very good, especially for the smallest. You can mark the tail tips with different colors of nail polish to tell them apart.

Last edited:

princesspippa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh great idea will try n do it tonight. This is my first litter of kittens so very anxious not to upset mama.

princesspippa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Morning... I managed to quickly weigh them today and they are between 153-163 they are all putting on so pleased u can actually see the difference in them already and its only day 3 I just quickly weighed them as I don't like handling them x