My cat is pregnant

hatchytt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kittens on the way!!  How exciting!! There's a very small part of me that wishes one of my girls could have a litter. Maybe about 5%. The other 95 % is glad they are spayed. :lol3:

Kittens are so precious. I hope everything goes well. :9:
I'm feeling the same way about my still-unaltered but too young Hecate. I love kittens! But, even if she were old enough, I'd want to ask a vet about the safety of breeding her once. She's a mute, and I am pretty sure it's congenital, since even the squeals we get from her when she's accidentally tripped over (accidental on our part, I'm pretty sure that SHE does it on purpose) are nothing more than forceful whisper/hisses. She's currently trying to chitter at the birds, and one can barely hear her! So, that's the one big reason I haven't really tried to talk Rune into letting her have a litter.

I hope kitten pics come soon! It's the only babies I'm gonna get!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Anyone who desperately wants kittens should foster a litter first to see the work and expense involved. There are so many unwanted kittens out there that need homes. The shelters are overrun with them during kitten season. It's very sad.

I've never let my cats have a litter. All were spayed and neutered very early on. I rescued some of them as tiny kittens, however, and the nearly year-old litter I have now were born from an already pregnant (too far along) stray that I took in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

princesspippa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So far she's just lying there now and then she will get uncomfortable and shift her hairs stand on end but no moving from nest drinking water and eating some. Think she's in early early stages x

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Probably. It may take until tomorrow, but you never really know.

hatchytt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Anyone who desperately wants kittens should foster a litter first to see the work and expense involved. There are so many unwanted kittens out there that need homes. The shelters are overrun with them during kitten season. It's very sad.

I've never let my cats have a litter. All were spayed and neutered very early on. I rescued some of them as tiny kittens, however, and the nearly year-old litter I have now were born from an already pregnant (too far along) stray that I took in.
I read up on fostering animals, and one of the major requirements is transportation. I don't have a car, nor do I want one. So, I think that's out. :(

princesspippa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm excited and nervous. My cats were a very unexpected litter as soon as kittens come she will be booked in to be spayed. Its unfortunate that she got pregnant but going to give these wee babies all the love and attention they need and give them to loving homes (how Il manage to give them away Il never kno) I'm going to look into fostering cats/kittens after she has her litter. X

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read up on fostering animals, and one of the major requirements is transportation. I don't have a car, nor do I want one. So, I think that's out.
Look around.  I foster for a rescue group that has some volunteers who drive the animals to and from places.  Foster homes are scarce, believe me someone will work with you.

princesspippa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No kittens so far think it might have been a false alarm. However she's very unsettled again tonight x

princesspippa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yea as long as she's happy I'm happy so just keeping an eye on her x

princesspippa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So pip had a big sleep last night she was antsy to day wandering from room to room in nests out nests and sitting the lying and then standing up during that I noticed she looked like there was some belly ripples.. Her hairs all stood on end. I think she's having practice contractions? X

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It may finally be the Stage One contractions we thought she was having yesterday. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

princesspippa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yea that's what I am thinking too.

princesspippa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Due date on Sunday... Finally getting to dates that I worked out for her. How can u tell If she's dropped x

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If she's dropped, she will look a bit smaller on the sides, but it is sometimes hard to tell, depending on how big they are and how many they are carrying. My cat was huge and I never could tell! With other cats it's obvious. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Last edited:

princesspippa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So tonight pip has been in her nest then out following us around being very affectionate and wanting petted should I take this as good signs? Shes ate a little not alot x

princesspippa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you sarthur2 u have been my life line will update any changes as tomorrow is her calculated due date if anything at most I'm a few days out x

princesspippa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Shes meowing at us to follow her to her nest and if we leave her she comes bk and meows she's eating some dry food x

princesspippa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She Is lying in her nest purring my partner is with her