My cat is pregnant and I'm new to this

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Nice report - it's great you are already finding homes. Please do not let them go before 8-10 weeks. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catluvr101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yes, all the kittens are black and we won't give any of them away before their 8th week. I used to have cat that we got last fall and they said she was 10 weeks. She was so small and sick, we thought she would die. Turns out she was 4 weeks... She survived, but went missing a little over a month ago.

catluvr101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah... We tried to get her spayed twice and plans got in the way. I think she ran away b/c she was in heat. We haven't found any clues and my mom think she's a goner. We've put up flyers a few days after she went missing. Our neighbor Cat lovers have helped us look, but no luck.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That is my thought. She was in heat and is now pregnant. She may be lost, or someone may have taken her in.

catluvr101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah, no clue sadly. Ive went on walks asked many people, looked on Craigslist. I'm still crossing my fingers though.

catluvr101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So kittens are doing great today. And actually I've started to notice stripes on few of them( I still have no clue who daddy kitty is) hopefully I can put pics on here soon of them. Happy Monday!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's fun to watch their markings and colors develop. Glad all is going well. :)

catluvr101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay so this is going to be a long story(you have been warned) so today we got our younger kitten spayed today and figure out he was a she, and when we got her spayed, we found one of her litter mates! Both kittens are orange and white, polydactyls. We thought the surgery would calm her but she's been crazier then ever.

So after that, on the way home, me and my family were talking about who the father of the kittens could be, still no clue then. All the kittens are black and our other female cat (we were told it was a female)ran away almost 2 months ago, she was all black.

She was 10 months old and never went into heat and was very curious. We dismissed this. All of a sudden a flip switched and we realized our runaway girl kitty was a "he"

We've been trying to figure out the father of the kittens and it was right under our noses! (Face palm) haha. [emoji]128517[/emoji]

catluvr101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yeah. It's been almost two months. We're hoping to keep one of the kittens to remember him by. Haha, not sure that makes sense

lilbritxtimp1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was hoping my mom in laws cat was pregnant bc she s the baby of my cat who passed away last month and that would of been her grandbaby.

catluvr101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww, I hope she has kittens! It feels so bad to lose a pet. From death or just gone missing. But the worst is when thier stolen.

catluvr101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kittens are doing great! I haven't been on in so LONG cause I've been pretty busy. This summer is going to fast! We've found holes for ALL the kittens and we plan on keeping one. My mothers friend(the one who had her cat run over) is taking two and my brothers friend. So glad we found homes because there are free ones on Craigslist ALL the time.