my cat got shot!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck good luck good luck.

I think it would make you feel better if you broke into your neighbour's house, shot HIM in the back five times, and then denied him medical care.
That seems fitting to me. What a ********. I hope he gets the justice he deserves and that your baby kitty makes a full recovery and pees all over his house.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
By the grace of God, I will pray she makes it.
There is another person on TCS who just went through this a year ago. It was a 6 month ordeal, and she took him to court and he was found guilty. It was in Wisconsin and her name is Gail. I'm unsure if she has seen your story here, and maybe it would be too painful for her, but I am hoping you will have an earth angel on Casmo's shoulder.
You are being brave and strong and calm for your kitty!

Love,
Elizabeth, Sasha and Saba

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Ed.. I have done some posting w/info but perhaps you could share with us if you are going to pursue this action legally??? Or what if anything, have the local police done about this shooting???
Glad that Casmo is on the mend!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cazimauw

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
the vet was enjoably suprised (in his words) to see her improvement
he sugested maybe to take out the bullet anyway it would cost somewhere in the thousands and it would also open up to new risk but i will consider it
her left leg is stronger than her right leg and she showed response to some of the physical test he took with her. he also showed me some physical therapy and how to empty her bladder
as for the neighbour there is no witnesses and he still denies having shot her and i havent heard from the cops
. i have to really fight back the urgh to just walk into his yard or knock on his door and start yelling at him making him tell the truth

i dont think i posted casmo's age yet she is 2 yrs old so very much to young still to die in my opinion.
she i now wearing my old socks
and i think she just broke her own record

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad to hear that Kasmo is doing well. He's lucky to be alive.

I pray that he fully recovers and that the man who shot him will get what is coming to him.

emb_78

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great to hear!!!
I am glad Kasmo is doing so much better!!!
I have been following this since you posted it...How do you know your neighbor did this
I would work with Kasmo daily on the P.T. I feel in my heart she will get better daily!!!
I sure hope you never let your cats outside again!!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was so hoping there would be good news from the vet and this is great! best wishes and good vibes for continued improvement.

cazimauw

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
it'l be really hard to make our cat indoor cat but i was thinking the same thing with keeping her indoors.
i told my sis to do the same thing but we have our door open everyday and eeyore scratches open any fly screens or watever u call them, so much for keeping him inside!
the vet thout casmo was lucky too

thanx for all ur replies

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Whoa I am just seeing this thread!!!!!!!!

What an ordeal Casmo has been through! She is SO brave! I really hope she continues to recover at a great and steady rate and I will always keep her in my thoughts!

And I hope that karma really comes to bite this neighbour on the arse!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your screen can be re-screened with cat screen that can be found at any large hardware store like a Home Depo in the US. It is made from teflon & is really tough stuff. It is not expensive. I re-screened my main screen door myself. Dexter weighs almost 15lbs & is one tough cat. In 2 years he has not been able to rip it. Great stuff.

You already know what can happen if you continue to let Casmo go outside.

Please...find a way to keep her inside for the rest of her sweet life.

Originally Posted by cazimauw

we have our door open everyday and eeyore scratches open any fly screens or watever u call them, so much for keeping him inside!
Lei

cazimauw

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i now only let casmo out atended!
and we got our screens from home depot or so to
but ya their no match for eeyore

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so glad that you are watching Casmo when she goes outside.

cazimauw

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i think casmo can feel my happiness from the vet results cuz she seems to be a lot hapier lately she's really playfull, she loves playing with a litle jigly bal when i roll it into her fat belly lolz.
even eeyore wanted to play with her!
at first she got mad at him but then everytime he'd pass by she'd try and play with him

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww...thanks for the happy Casmo update.

cazimauw

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OMG! i feel so bad!

i was outside with casmo she was just laying somewhere in the shade so i went to read (my whole fam. was there)
later she started to walk around i went over there to just support her hind and watch were she was going, then my brother and dad said to just let her walk so i did.
later i went to check on her and she was nowhereto be found!
i started to panic and freak out!
we spent the whole evening looking for her. later we found out our neighbours lost their cat to.
we live behind a field so i was just walkin around in there (also folowing my sisters cat) as me and my sis and my sisters cat were about to leave the field to look somewhere else my sister saw her crawling out of a bush!
"there she is!"
and before i knew it i was running toward her huging and kissing her!
i feel like a horible mommy
not watching my kitty the way i should

emb_78

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cazimauw

OMG! i feel so bad!

i was outside with casmo she was just laying somewhere in the shade so i went to read (my whole fam. was there)
later she started to walk around i went over there to just support her hind and watch were she was going, then my brother and dad said to just let her walk so i did.
later i went to check on her and she was nowhereto be found!
i started to panic and freak out!
we spent the whole evening looking for her. later we found out our neighbours lost their cat to.
we live behind a field so i was just walkin around in there (also folowing my sisters cat) as me and my sis and my sisters cat were about to leave the field to look somewhere else my sister saw her crawling out of a bush!
"there she is!"
and before i knew it i was running toward her huging and kissing her!
i feel like a horible mommy
not watching my kitty the way i should
Please be careful

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have said all I can in earlier posts about Casmo being outside.
I feel so bad for her.