my cat got shot!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When does Casmo see her doctor again? It sounds like she is doing really well but you need to know if she is still in pain because that could reduce her desire to eat. If she has other problems, such as fleas, the vet can address those issues, if safe too.
I would get her in ASAP. You have done such a good job nursing Casmo. Hopefully, this will become easier for both of you soon.

Lei

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cazimauw

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i will go to the vet on monday for flea stuff since at least one of my dog has them to. i will also ask them if its ok to give it to casmo in her condition.
her next visit to the vet will prob. be september 2nd or 3rd cuz i think the vet thats caring for her will be coming back on the 2nd from his holiday.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are you supporting her with a towel when she does move? Taking a soft cloth or towel and putting it under her back of her stomach and giving her leverage as she walks?

salem cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is an excellent suggestion hissy! A piece of a sheet or a towel ripped down the center length wise would work great. Make sure the "sling" is wide enough to support her chest and stomach area evenly as she's being held up by it so she's comfortable.
I'm sending constant vibes your way!

cazimauw

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i treid that before it didnt work that wel. because one of her legs moves while the other doesnt causing her to slant over.
i also tried poking two holes in it but one of her legs didnt fit through it so my sister tried to make it bigger...
a bit to big she ruened it.
tomorow she will be all alone since i will be at work and i might have to go to this weird mars watching thin. no one will be home since my parent have an apointmen with an architect my sis is on a sleepover and my other sis will be at work with me wich usualy takes till 9

hope she'l amuse herself

cazimauw

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
well...
i got home early and my brother stayed home
(not like he ever gets out of his room to check on her)
i also got out of the mars watching thin

she's now lying infront of the open door looking outside

cazimauw

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
she is eating again on her own
this morning i gave her her last pill without trouble
(thank u hissy for posting that thread on tips for giving cats their pills it really helped me and casmo out
)
she keeps on sliping out and i notices she ripped of some of her fur because of draging her legs behind her i even put gave her socks but she got them of 2 min later

she can also lift the midle part of her tail

now she's laying on a towel in my bro's room

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, things sound much better. I was just thinking that maybe she didn't want to eat because of the medication and her tummy was feeling bad. But - that's not a problem now, so good! Go Casmo!!

pandybear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i just read through this whole thread and have tears running down my face

guys like the one who shot your baby deserve to be locked up and if i had my way, forever, anyone who can harm an innocent cat is just plain sick.

i won't tell you what i'd do if it was my cat he shot

she sounds like she is improving heaps already, i think you need to take her to a more qualified vet though and with the bullets, i think they should just be left there, if there is any chance taking them out might hinder her progress then it's just not worth it.

please give Casmo a kiss from me, she will be in my thoughts and prayers.

bonnie and pandy send her love and getwell vibes too

felicia

cazimauw

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Wow, things sound much better. I was just thinking that maybe she didn't want to eat because of the medication and her tummy was feeling bad. But - that's not a problem now, so good! Go Casmo!!
it probably wasnt the medication because on a usefull website it said that it's suposed to increase the hunger and thirst.
she is finaly done with her medication tho

"uch i hate that stuff" says casmo

salem cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pandybear

i just read through this whole thread and have tears running down my face

felicia
Me too! When Cazimauw first posted this about Casmo, I was practically bawling
and it continued every time I read another post!

cazimauw

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
yesterday our internet was down so i couldnt post anything.
in he meantime she can lift up her tail when she pee's and her paw a bit.
we always leave our door open for fresh air and casmo is used to walking in and out and stupid me didnt realize she had gotten out till after dinner.
it was raining and she was all wet she scraped some fur of her paw again so now we tried putting badaiges on so it wont get infected.
i feel like such a bad mommy
well she has an apointment at the vet's on friday 2nd at 4:20.
hope all will be well and she wont have to be put down

hopenjoe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, you and your kitty are in my thoughts. I check each day on her progress. Hang in there! Love, Hope

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What happened to sweet Casmo is horrible.

I pray that her vet has good news for you on Friday.
Here's another loving hug for sweet Casmo.

Lei

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She sounds like she is doing so well, I can't imagine the vet saying anything bad.

cazimauw

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
this morning i walked in to find my cat in a rather awkward position.
with her hind legs against the gate of her crate making it look like she was giving birth in a human position but she was just cleaning herself so i decided to just do my hair and come back later to clean her crate out. but when i came back she stil had one paw squeesed between the gate if it wasnt for her woried meow i would have left again but it turned out she had gotten her paw stuck. with litle trouble i got it out. her cleaning didnt have much of an affect and her crate was even nastier so i decided to just mop it all up. i went to work again today but got home early at around 5.
i'm so nervous for tomorow

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I will be praying for you & Casmo.

Please update after her appointment.
Lei