My 10mo Cat Gave Birth To One Kitten

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Did you see my two posts above?

One about seeing if he will latch to mama before you feed him?

And the other about how much to feed?

How much did he eat at this last feeding?

He needs to eat every two hours through the night as well, unless he's nursing mom.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calicobeans

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He gets 1&1/2-2ml every two hours. Mama is seemingly producing now, and baby has learned to swallow so hopefully within this week we will see a successful latch.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I hooe so! Mama is best and she's right there. Have you given him a chance to latch yet?

calicobeans

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't try every feeding mostly because bean gave birth to him in the nest under the entertainment center (it has two doors that close and when opened its just a big empty space) that I lined with warm attire, and we aldo have a warm heater not next to the nest but in the room so the room stays a very good warm temp. Anyway Bean is a fluffy cat and she seems hot often so when I come in she likes to bolt out and get air. But I haven't tried since I noticed he's swallowing 100% better. He used to have a lot come out of his nose and i know it wasnt because he was getting too much too fast. He sounded congested and doesnt any more and since then he gets 97% of what I give him. I do worry on how long he sleeps? He sleeps basically when I'm not feeding besides his little fights when he crawls around and crys till he finds his spot and goes to sleep. He's so fragile and his ribs are noticeable but he's so strong and watching him struggle brings me to tears but all we can do is hope for progress and ask for advice and support from anyone who's gone through this.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Her job right now is to eat and sleep. Kittens sleep a lot, especially when very young. It sounds like she is coming along! :)

Last edited:

calicobeans

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's rare, but happens. Either way the sex is the last thing I'm worried about. If this baby is a girl then it'll be a coffee bean minion :)

calicobeans

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
As of 20 minutes ago Gumball has very sadly passed away. Up into this afternoon I began to worry about the weakness in his meows and less of a want to fight. He died peacefully while Bean groomed and cuddled him.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I am so sorry. Poor baby, poor mama. This is so sad. RIP :angel:

You could contact a rescue to see if they have any orphaned kittens who need a mom if you are interested.