Munsys 1st pregnancy and last

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The kittens are 12 days old and this is what they weigh….is this normal??? Boo is my little runt and she weighs 240 grams…is that too low???
I read two week old kittens should weigh 8 ounces…some of mine are 10 ounces….I’m starting to think these kittens might be part Maine Coon to be so big at 12 days old

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They are very healthy kittens! Your runt is already a touch over 8 ounces. All are doing just fine!

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are very healthy kittens! Your runt is already a touch over 8 ounces. All are doing just fine!
That makes me sooooo happy!!!!!!! I’ve been worried sick about keeping them healthy, warm etc…I appreciate your help soooo much!! ❤

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok so my Tortieshell cat is changing colors!! She was very dark colors..well she has been eating the Purina Nurture kitten dry food and now the orange in her is really coming out! Is this normal? Is this a good thing or a bad thing? She has always been fed a good dry food but her colors have never changed before

Attachments

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok I have another question…I’m sorry I ask so many things I’m just new to baby kittens and trying to do my best with them…The babies are two weeks old now…well Munsy will go in the playpen when the babies are crying and moving around and she will lay on the other side and just watch them for a little bit while they are looking for her and crying and then will get up and go over to them and lay down to nurse them…she doesn’t do this every time just noticed she has done this a few times…Is she teaching them to look for her and walk to her to nurse? I’ve read about the momma teaching her babies things and was wondering if this is a teaching moment or something else?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, she expects them to come to her when she lies down to nurse. Lots of mother cats will make a “trilling” noise to call their babies to them, especially as the kittens get older.

(You do not need to write your posts in bold.)

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, she expects them to come to her when she lies down to nurse. Lots of mother cats will make a “trilling” noise to call their babies to them, especially as the kittens get older.

(You do not need to write your posts in bold.)
Sometimes I don’t have my contacts in or my glasses on and the bold helps..I see nothing wrong with using the options that are there..I’m not using the bold to yell or anything…just to help my tired eyes see better

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I checked in with my vet today and they said do not give Munsy tuna or salmon etc every day…they said every now and then I could mix a teaspoon in her dry food…maybe like once a week…they said her regular food has all the vitamins and minerals and protein she needs as well as the kittens…they said they see many cats with organ damage and health problems from tuna and salmon etc….so I’m gonna stick to their advice and just feed her dry and wet kitten food…I love her and the babies too much to cause health problems with human foods…

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So the babies will be 3 weeks old tomorrow..💖 my momma cat stays hungry even though she has plenty of Purina One Kitten Dry Food…so here is what I did to supplement her kitten food…tell me if you think this is ok..I boiled water and added her dry food until it liquified and made a broth…I then added ground chicken, ground turkey, and ground chuck (beef) and boiled it all…when she eats I add dry food and the meat mixture and mix it all up…she loves it!! Is this ok to feed her? The juice is made with her dry food and the meat…I figured this would be healthy for her to eat since I caught her on top of my fridge into the bread and eating it…I’m trying to keep her well fed since she is so hungry all the time but doesn’t care too much for the kitten food by itself

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s fine. It sounds like she needs to eat 6-8 times a day right now. Consider boiling chicken breasts until it falls off the bone, with just salt added, and throw in some white rice till cooked. Serve shredded over rice with broth. This will give her lots of protein. Some cats also love scrambled egg or plain, full fat yogurt.

Whatever she will eat that she likes and will give her protein and often. You can also leave out kitten chow 24/7 and a dish of water for her to snack on overnight.

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It’s fine. It sounds like she needs to eat 6-8 times a day right now. Consider boiling chicken breasts until it falls off the bone, with just salt added, and throw in some white rice till cooked. Serve shredded over rice with broth. This will give her lots of protein. Some cats also love scrambled egg or plain, full fat yogurt.

Whatever she will eat that she likes and will give her protein and often. You can also leave out kitten chow 24/7 and a dish of water for her to snack on overnight.
I’ve tried the scrambled egg and she is not a fan..I keep fresh water fountains around and fresh dry food around..she was doing fine with just the dry food until she smelled a hamburger one day and had to have a bite..now she wants people food whenever she eats…I haven’t tried yogurt yet..I will pick up some tomorrow and try it…I’ve noticed today she doesn’t feed the babies very long…it’s like she feeds them only minutes at a time..I weighed them today and they are all gaining really well..my baby runt weighed 350 today..3 of the others are in the 420-450 range..and the 5th is 397…

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
On Sunday I will be introducing food to the kittens..What do I feed them? Dry food mixed with water into a mush or wet food?? Also what cat litter should I be using? Pellets or non clumping litter?

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What can I use to wash the kittens butt with? They have butt odor that smells like poop…Can I use pet wipes on them?

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What can I use to wash the kittens butt with? They have butt odor that smells like poop…Can I use pet wipes on them?
I haven’t bathed the kittens I just let momma clean them and clean their butts…but they do smell like poop

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I need help! None of the kittens will eat the wet food…I touched it to their mouths and they ate and licked it off but none wants to eat it…I put them all in the litter box one by one and all they want to do is eat it…they don’t scratch around in it or try to potty…What do I do???? They still nurse of course but is it too early for wet food?? They will be 1 month old Sunday

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I need help! None of the kittens will eat the wet food…I touched it to their mouths and they ate and licked it off but none wants to eat it…I put them all in the litter box one by one and all they want to do is eat it…they don’t scratch around in it or try to potty…What do I do???? They still nurse of course but is it too early for wet food?? They will be 1 month old Sunday
How do I get them to use the litter pan? I never see pee or poop in their playpen…I guess momma takes care of it? I did see her cleaning up poop 2 days ago I saw it smeared on a towel…I don’t know if it was from her or one of the babies though

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also Munsy ate too much wet food and has bad diarrhea…she wont eat anything and she wont drink hardly any water…what can I do to help her…I don’t want her to get dehydrated and sick…I’m stressing out bad…I gave her wet food today and she hasn’t had it in awhile…it’s the same as I was giving her…she ate 2 3oz cans…no vets are open it’s only 4:00am here