Munsys 1st pregnancy and last

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello All,
I’m new here and have a few questions that I hope will be answered…I had a young stray show up to my doorstep on Jan 21st 2023…She was so sweet I decided to keep her and work with her to tame her…I worked with her every day…Well one night I saw 2 cats after her…Nothing I could do to stop the inevitable…I know nothing about pregnant cats but I noticed at the end of March her sides were fat…You could feel her nipples too…I did my research and she is pregnant…The 2nd or 3rd week of April you could see her belly move around with wavy ripples and kicks…Here we are today April 25th and her belly has dropped…She gets in the litter box and does nothing…she searches my house every single night…she drives me crazy every single night wanting outside but I don’t let her…I have her on wet and dry kitten food..I have a few nesting boxes set up…Today she hasn’t ate much and she hasn’t went to the litter box much either…She just goes under my bed and sleeps..Am I doing everything right so far? I think she is around 6-9 months old…she’s a smaller cat..I think she may only have 2-3 babies in there…If she only has 2-3 babies will she not get a really big belly? Any info would be helpful!

Attachments

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you get her to a vet for a urinalysis? That is worrisome if she is not eating canned. And using the litter box. Even though she's little a pregnant cat should eat lots of food

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can you get her to a vet for a urinalysis? That is worrisome if she is not eating canned. And using the litter box. Even though she's little a pregnant cat should eat lots of food
She eats wet food and dry food…she eats several times a day…when she’s awake that is

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She’s eating really good and going to the bathroom good too…the babies are active in there and you can see rippling and kicks etc…no signs of labor yet…according to the calendar she is now 9 weeks

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So my cat Munsy is 8-9 weeks pregnant with her 1st litter…She is being spayed as soon as possible after this litter and the babies are weaned from her…My cat for the last week will sleep most of the day but at night and early morning hours she is up and searching my house…begging to go outside…little cat naps here and there…climbing the furniture…this goes on all night and early hours of the morning…Is this normal pregnant behavior? Do they do this until labor and delivery? She stays under my bed and sleeps but tonight she is sorta clingy and close by me..but no signs of labor

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Cats in general tend to be nocturnal, but her pregnancy hormones may be affecting her behavior at present.

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m not sure exactly how far along my cat is so I’m just gonna say 7-9 weeks…She is younger and small frame so if she had say only 2-3 kittens in there would she have a smaller belly compared to cats with 4-6 etc??? Some of her nipples have gotten fuller since yesterday…there were two that seemed sorta flat that have since inflated so to speak lol…does this happen closer to labor and delivery?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
More kittens equals bigger belly. Closer to giving birth equals more milk coming in and more mammary gland activity, hence nipples appearing more prominently.

Last edited by a moderator:

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think my cat is starting labor but I’m not sure!

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Today she threw up after she ate at 2:30….I fed her again at 6:30…she threw up again…this time it had a roundworm in it…she has not used the bathroom all day…she is not eating or drinking…I just fed her some wet food at 10:30 with a little water in it so far no throwing up…she has went in her nest 3 times today….she appears fine…follows me everywhere…is this labor or something else?

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Today she threw up after she ate at 2:30….I fed her again at 6:30…she threw up again…this time it had a roundworm in it…she has not used the bathroom all day…she is not eating or drinking…I just fed her some wet food at 10:30 with a little water in it so far no throwing up…she has went in her nest 3 times today….she appears fine…follows me everywhere…is this labor or something else?
She also seems more clingy today…she’s also been just laying around all day but wants to be near me…I don’t feel any contractions…so I’m not sure if this is the start of labor or not…the babies are moving good at times…I’m so new to cat pregnancy and I know all cats are different but I can’t help but be nervous I just love her so much

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like she needs de-worming right away if she threw up a worm! That’s not healthy.

She may also be nearing labor or in early labor. Keep us posted!

Last edited:

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m taking her to the vet Monday…I called the 24 hour emergency vet and they don’t deworm them there..I couldn’t believe it…They said all they could do is treat the nausea and diarrhea and I would have to take her to my vet on Monday…I’m concerned about her not drinking water or using the bathroom..she just went and it was a small amount of diarrhea..If she doesn’t drink any water in the next few hours I’m taking her to the emergency vet because she should be drinking

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Congratulations! Does everyone seem to be doing okay from what you can assess? She certainly looks as if she has readily accepted the kittens.

Not hijacking your thread, but ERs can be that way. Sometimes you have to imply that something else is going on, like diarrhea and then when they find they worms they might do something.

You have really been there for this mother and her babies!

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you!! Everybody is doing great!!! Momma has ate and drank really well…all 5 babies currently are in a milk coma 😂 they all seem very healthy, all 5 latched on very well, I’m just so happy I cried when all 5 latched on…it was the sweetest moment ever to see the babies nurse and for Munsy to love them already…It was such a blessing to witness this miracle happen today 🥰

Attachments