Munsys 1st pregnancy and last

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update: Munsy had her Strongid at 10:30 this morning…it is 6:13pm now and she is feeling soooo much better! I could tell after an hour or two she just seemed more content and relaxed..I also increased her wet food yesterday and today and so far no diarrhea!! 🙌 💖 My question is will the Strongid come out in mommas milk when the babies nurse? If it does…does that mean they are getting hookworm treatment too or will they need to be treated when they are old enough?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They may get a bit from mom’s milk, but not enough. The vet should still worm the kittens for hookworms and roundworms with kitten doses of appropriate meds for their general health and for prevention.

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They may get a bit from mom’s milk, but not enough. The vet should still worm the kittens for hookworms and roundworms with kitten doses of appropriate meds for their general health and for prevention.
At what age do the babies need to be treated? Does it start at 2-4 weeks old? I read somewhere that said treat them every two weeks until weaned…is that accurate? That seems like a lot

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s advised to begin worming kittens at 3-4 weeks, then every 2 weeks until they are 12 weeks. It is a lot. I’ve always wormed once; then again 10 days later to cover the life cycle. Then repeat if I felt it was necessary. I don’t believe in over-doing it, but you do want to make sure mom and babies are clear since mom had worms — so perhaps 2 sets of worming should cover it.

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I wish my vet would’ve prescribed the 2nd dose…now I’ll have to pay for another fecal exam and the medicine again in 2-3 weeks…I have another cat and dog in my home that will have to be treated as well in 2-3 weeks…wish vet care was more affordable…it gets expensive fast

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The vet should have given you a follow-up dose for your cat. If not, you should request it without being seen or a follow-up fecal. It’s usual to give enough for a second dose. Call and inquire.

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes
The vet should have given you a follow-up dose for your cat. If not, you should request it without being seen or a follow-up fecal. It’s usual to give enough for a second dose. Call and inquire.
I will do that tomorrow when they open! Thank you!

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I want to make sure I’m feeding Munsy a good kitten wet and dry food for good milk production and healthy for the babies…I’ve been feeding her Purina Nurture Kitten Dry Food and Blue Buffalo Wilderness Kitten Wet Food in the Chicken and Salmon Pate flavors….Are these good foods to be feeding her? Any suggestions on a better brand?

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m supplementing Munsys food intake with canned tuna and salmon…well the salmon came in a pouch…am I supposed to drain and rinse it? Do I give her the canned tuna in oil or water? Do I mix it up in the wet food or give it to her separately as like a treat? I’ll be adding a plain scrambled egg tomorrow…Do I mix it with her food or give the egg separately? She jumped in my lap and tried to steal a cheeseburger so I think she’s getting tired of just the kitten food…anything else I can feed her to supplement the kitten dry and wet food?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Give her tuna in water and give the salmon undrained so she can drink the juice. Do not mix it in her food. Give scrambled egg by itself. She can have bits of hamburger too — my cat loved hamburger.

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just cook the hamburger meat like you would a hamburger?? The tuna and salmon have sodium in it is that ok???

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just cook the hamburger meat like you would a hamburger?? The tuna and salmon have sodium in it is that ok???
Forgot to ask how much tuna and salmon can she have a day…

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, cook the meat and crumble it. The sodium is okay in tuna and salmon, and she can have about 1/3 to 1/2 can or half a pouch per day in addition to her regular cat food. Provide plenty of fresh water as well.

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, cook the meat and crumble it. The sodium is okay in tuna and salmon, and she can have about 1/3 to 1/2 can or half a pouch per day in addition to her regular cat food. Provide plenty of fresh water as well.
Got it! Thank you so much!

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is it ok to feed Munsy Baby Blue Buffalo wet kitten food…the store is out of Blue Buffalo Wilderness kitten food…the baby blue is the healthy growth formula grain free high protein…I’m not really sure what the difference in the two is…

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update on the kittens: Some of them have learned how to hiss lol…some of them are walking and not very wobbly either! They only cry when momma walks in the playpen to nurse them…some of them have learned to play with each other by cuddling and play biting or that’s what it looks like to me lol…They will be 2 weeks old on Sunday ❤

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The kittens are 12 days old and this is what they weigh….is this normal??? Boo is my little runt and she weighs 240 grams…is that too low???

Attachments