Munsys 1st pregnancy and last

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like she ate too much too fast. She should be okay once it’s out of her system. Just give small amounts more often rather than all at once.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Munsy is at the vet….she got worse and there was blood in her vomit…say a prayer for her please!!! I’m a nervous wreck and so upset…I just want her to be ok

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Munsy is gonna be fine! She had some gastro problems from the food I gave her…They gave her some fluids and a nausea shot…and two cans of Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Health for Gastrointestinal issues…she is gonna be just fine and is currently nursing the babies…🥰🥰🥰

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Munsy is gonna be fine! She had some gastro problems from the food I gave her…They gave her some fluids and a nausea shot…and two cans of Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Health for Gastrointestinal issues…she is gonna be just fine and is currently nursing the babies…🥰🥰🥰
I give her half a can a day until it’s gone and then strictly Purina One Healthy Kitten Dry Food or Wet Food only…no more cooked beef or turkey etc…no human foods at all for Munsy…she apparently has a sensitive stomach…I’m just happy she is gonna be ok!! 💖

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I need some help again…I’m trying to potty train the babies but all they do is try to eat the litter…they don’t scratch around in it or try to potty..just walk around and try to eat it…I’m using Tidy cats Free and Clear non clumping unscented litter…but it does have charcoal to mask odors…I didn’t know that…How do I stop them from trying to eat the litter? Do you recommend a litter to use?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just take it out of their pen and try again later. . .they might not be ready for it yet. Fortunately they have their mama so she'll teach them most of what they need to know. Much easier than raising orphans!

Are they eating any solids yet?

Edit: oh nevermind, I see as of yesterday they still aren't eating solids. That's fine! They probably won't start using a litterbox until they're eating solids.

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just take it out of their pen and try again later. . .they might not be ready for it yet. Fortunately they have their mama so she'll teach them most of what they need to know. Much easier than raising orphans!

Are they eating any solids yet?

Edit: oh nevermind, I see as of yesterday they still aren't eating solids. That's fine! They probably won't start using a litterbox until they're eating solids.
They have been eating wet food for 2 days now…just a small spoon full to start them off with to introduce the wet food slowly…I tried the litter again today and they go straight to trying to eat it

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does anybody know what I can give Munsy for her loose stools? She seems to keep it…She gets plenty of water and food so she’s not dehydrated…but this seems to battle with her…also it stinks really bad…like light a match and spray febreze and it still doesn’t help…Is this just from nursing which she still does but only like every 6-8 hours

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I need some help again…I’m trying to potty train the babies but all they do is try to eat the litter…they don’t scratch around in it or try to potty..just walk around and try to eat it…I’m using Tidy cats Free and Clear non clumping unscented litter…but it does have charcoal to mask odors…I didn’t know that…How do I stop them from trying to eat the litter? Do you recommend a litter to use?
I would use a pellet type litter like yesterday's news for kittens since they may try to eat it. Tidy cats lightweight isnt a great litter imo. Indy had asthma attacks on it and it stained my washing machine and water heater (litter box is in the laundry/utility room).

I use arm and hammer double duty scented because my house is all one floor. But they also make an unscented one.

Adding a bit of baking soda to the litterbox is a good way to keep oders down if your cats have the runs.

Kabuto has hyperthyroidism and gets the runs once a week or so.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Try mixing probiotic powder into her wet food. That will often make a difference. Fortiflora is a good one.

If she has an intestinal bacterial infection that’s causing diarrhea, a round of Metronidazole will usually cure it.

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Today the babies and Munsy went for their 6 week check up and got their first rounds of vaccines and dewormer…all the babies and momma tested negative for the feline diseases and heartworms…all the babies weighed 1.8 something pounds…except Boo..she weighed 1.7 something…but they are all healthy…they are eating dry food now and also wet food…they finally started using the litter box!!!!! I found a litter they seem to like I guess! Momma got a second dose of Strongid to take care of any more hook worms…she has also gained a little over a pound since 2-3 weeks ago…❤

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Try mixing probiotic powder into her wet food. That will often make a difference. Fortiflora is a good one.

If she has an intestinal bacterial infection that’s causing diarrhea, a round of Metronidazole will usually cure it.
Where do you get Fortiflora? At the vet? Or can you get it at like Petsmart or Petco?

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Where do you get Fortiflora? At the vet? Or can you get it at like Petsmart or Petco?
The vet told me if she eats a lot of wet food that will cause loose stools from all the hydration also…