Muffin - Bad news vet visit today

Status
Not open for further replies.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great news and you must be so relieved!!!!!!! Muffin too!!!!!!!!!!!!! Continuing the good vibes for things to continue this way :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks.  Things are going good for my boy right now and I am very thankful.  I had hopes of being able to put him on something like silybin or Sam-e for his liver inflammation.  But it is too soon to try that.  I think the vet would be in agreement if we can get him off the steroid. 

barbb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay for Muffin! I am so glad to hear that!! You and he and your DH have been through so much, I am so happy everything is going well!!! 

Toby is doing well too. I just got back from his 12th chemo treatment- 8 more weeks/4 treatments and he will be done. He got weighed this morning and had gained weight since his last visit, so now he is 14.12 lbs which is fabulous considering we were out of town last week! And they said he almost fell asleep during his chemo, which was the hard one this time, the doxyrubicin. He is usually drooling after it, but he was fine! Interestingly, he was smacking his lips last night and I think it was because he was anticipating his visit today- he hid pretty well this morning, always a workout for me to run thru the house crouching and looking under furniture everywhere.

Anyhow, we came home and he immediately ate an entire 3 oz can of natural balance chicken and liver and he is begging for crunchies but I am not giving them to him, as I fear he will eat until he vomits- the little nutbag lol. 

Yay Muffin and Toby! Now we have to do serious vibes for Lazlo !

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yay for Muffin! I am so glad to hear that!! You and he and your DH have been through so much, I am so happy everything is going well!!! 

Toby is doing well too. I just got back from his 12th chemo treatment- 8 more weeks/4 treatments and he will be done. He got weighed this morning and had gained weight since his last visit, so now he is 14.12 lbs which is fabulous considering we were out of town last week! And they said he almost fell asleep during his chemo, which was the hard one this time, the doxyrubicin. He is usually drooling after it, but he was fine! Interestingly, he was smacking his lips last night and I think it was because he was anticipating his visit today- he hid pretty well this morning, always a workout for me to run thru the house crouching and looking under furniture everywhere.

Anyhow, we came home and he immediately ate an entire 3 oz can of natural balance chicken and liver and he is begging for crunchies but I am not giving them to him, as I fear he will eat until he vomits- the little nutbag lol. 

Yay Muffin and Toby! Now we have to do serious vibes for Lazlo !

Yay, Toby.   Way to go boy. 

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
YES!!!!!!!!!!!! Adding in my happy dance :dance: :jump: for the good news for both Muffin AND Toby!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: But will continue the vibes as usual :D :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
YES!!!!!!!!!!!! Adding in my happy dance
for the good news for both Muffin AND Toby!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But will continue the vibes as usual
I love the happy dance, thanks.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:wow: Great news for Muffin AND for Toby! :woohoo: :clap: :clap: :clap: Aw, I'm just all smiles! :D :D :D :D :D

Barb - I now know to come to this thread looking for your updates. :lol3: I was looking to see how Muffin was doing on the lower dose of pred - but I'll take the good news from both of you any day! :lol3:

Oh - and Lazlo's doing MUCH better! :D

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am posting here to give an update on my Muffin. I talked to the vet's office this morning. They want to change Muffin's schedule on the steroid again. For a month he has been on a reduced schedule of 1/2 tablet every other day, changed from taking every day. Now the vet wants him to get it every third day. Keep up prayers for my Muffin boy He is eating good and acts like he feels good. Whatever the problem wa I had with him not using the litterbox has been solved and life is good for Muffin and family now. I do have emergency things like a probiotic and an appetite stimulant in case he gets in trouble with this new medicine schedule. He had the prednisone last night so he will get it again on Sunday. The vet said call them next Wed. for a report unless we have to call sooner. :clap:

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad to hear about Muffin.  I have been following this for a long time.  What an ordeal for you and your sweet Muffin.  He is a tough little guy!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just wanted to update Muffins thread and say he is continuing to do well on the steroid dose every third day. I also have noticed one other thing about him. Some of you will remember that about a year and a half ago he got attacked by some unknown animal at night. He recovered well, but the scabs stayed on him and wouldn't heal totally. Then the fur turned a reddish color where his injuries were. Over the last
several weeks. his hair has returned to a normal grey color in those places and the scabs are gone. I wonder if this is due to the steroid dosage he has been taking or if it has to do with the wet food he is now getting part of the time as opposed to dry prescription all the time. Just thinking???

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Steroids can change your skin texture, so it wouldn't surprise me if they were responsible for the change in his fur. :vibes::vibes::vibes: that he continues to do well.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just wanted to post an update here on Muffin since it has been awhile. He is continuing to do well. He continues to eat well, UR Purina canned and Hills dry kibble prescription. He takes methimazole 1/4 tablet every morning for his thyroid. He has been on a very reduced dosage of 1/2 prednisolone tablet every third day. He feels good and plays. On the 14th he has an appointment to get his Rabies shot. At that time, I know the vet will check his blood to see how his thyroid is. Not sure if he will do a full blood workup on not. Need lots of continued good thoughts and prayers for my boy. He is a little miracle boy. To date, there is no evidence of the liver cancer.

Last edited:

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to post an update here on Muffin since it has been awhile. He is continuing to do well. He continues to eat well, UR Purina canned and Hills dry kibble prescription. He takes methimazole 1/4 tablet every morning for his thyroid. He has been on a very reduced dosage of 1/2 prednisolone tablet every third day. He feels good and plays. On the 14th he has an appointment to get his Rabies shot. At that time, I know the vet will check his blood to see how his thyroid is. Not sure if he will do a full blood workup on not. Need lots of continued good thoughts and prayers for my boy. He is a little miracle boy. To date, there is no evidence of the liver cancer.
Awww... thanks for the update! So glad he's doing better and the news is good about the liver cancer! :clap:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I missed the appointment yesterday, but went today. I am at home waiting for blood results. Muffin did have full blood panel and thyroid workup done so we will see. I am a bit apprehensive because his appetite has changed some and I have to play with him to get his to eat both his meals every day. Sunday and Monday nights I sprinkled the Forti Flora over the food and that helped some. Say prayers for Muffin and think positive for my boy. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.