Muffin - Bad news vet visit today

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just wanting everyone to know Muffin is finally eating his food good at meal time now.  I think he just got spooked yesterday, going to the vet and getting the needle stuck in him for thyroid testing.

I probably notice this stuff more because Muffin has never had any stress issues in going to the vet before now.  He has been through alot since May and I have to learn how to live with these changes.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks everyone.  Muffin begged and begged for food this morning.  I fed him three times.  That is a good thing.  I am supposed to skip his steroid dose tomorrow evening, so keep Muffin in your thoughts. 

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am also VERY relieved to hear that Muffin is back eating. Quite a scare. :hugs: YES - continuing the vibes for the change in Pred will not effect his appetite. :cross: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks everyone.  Muffin begged and begged for food this morning.  I fed him three times.  That is a good thing.  I am supposed to skip his steroid dose tomorrow evening, so keep Muffin in your thoughts. 
That's just the best feeling ever, isn't it? Once Jamie started asking for food after being so sick and refusing to eat, I could've done a jig.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes and I am pretty much feeding him when he wants it to.  I don't care how many times a day.  He had been confined to two daily feedings to keep down his weight because of the urinary history.  But he lost enough weight when he was sick, I don't worry about it.  Because of all he has been through I intend to spoil him and feed him and anything else that makes him happy   that won't hurt him.

pnagelcatlover5

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh I am so sorry to hear that. I lost my Big boy Peewee 3 weeks ago. He was diagnosed with Hyperthyroid in Nov 2011. He took his pills everyday and the pills he took gave me 9 months more. He was 15 years old. I feel for you and know that you will make the right choice. My prayers are with you both. 

kittylover23

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes and I am pretty much feeding him when he wants it to.  I don't care how many times a day.  He had been confined to two daily feedings to keep down his weight because of the urinary history.  But he lost enough weight when he was sick, I don't worry about it.  Because of all he has been through I intend to spoil him and feed him and anything else that makes him happy   that won't hurt him.
Awwww, so glad to hear he is eating!!!! Keep up the good work Muffin!! Sending more vibes your way. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

barbb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very glad to hear it! Now I need vibes too! Toby suddenly didn't want to eat today. He did eat tonight. I am really bummed. We leave for a week starting at 7AM tomorrow morning. We did put up web cams in the bedroom and kitchen. Augh. I think I will talk to the cat sitter and if we have an ongoing eating issue, I will ask her to up his prednisolone maybe. I will talk to the vet first though. 

kittylover23

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Very glad to hear it! Now I need vibes too! Toby suddenly didn't want to eat today. He did eat tonight. I am really bummed. We leave for a week starting at 7AM tomorrow morning. We did put up web cams in the bedroom and kitchen. Augh. I think I will talk to the cat sitter and if we have an ongoing eating issue, I will ask her to up his prednisolone maybe. I will talk to the vet first though. 
Awwwwwww, Barb, vibes for Toby coming your way! :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
 Give muffin a hug for me.
Gave Muffin his hugs from this person.  Everyone remember, today is the day Muffin skips the steroid.  Keep fingers and toes crossed for him to keep eating.  We are going to try giving the steroid every other day.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am on here shouting hallelujah.  My Muffin skipped the steroid last night.  (We are trying to reduce his dosage to every other day).  This morning he ate like a pig, all his food and asked two times for more.  So far so good with this plan.  Keep everything crossed and prayers coming for my sweet boy.  And most of all, thanks.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am bumping my thread on Muffin to say today marks a week of his reduced dosage of steroid.  He is now getting one half tablet every other day.  He is still eating very good.  Sometimes he wants the wet, sometimes the dry.  But that is okay, I give him what he wants . Keep up the good thoughts and prayers for him.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.