Movies: What is the most recent/newest movie you've seen?

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched Changeling on the weekend - has anyone else seen that? I loved it.

Also watched Rock N Rolla - not bad for something to watch, not fab either though.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

I watched Changeling on the weekend - has anyone else seen that? I loved it.

Also watched Rock N Rolla - not bad for something to watch, not fab either though.
The Changeling was very good - good acting.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

I bought I Love You, Man yesterday and we watched it last night. On Tuesday, I watched Obsessed
We watched I Love you man and Obsessed this weekend. In my opinion, Obsessed was soooooooooooo predictable it wasn't good at all..and I love you man...well I expected alot more from Paul Rudd. Usually he is fantastic!

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
last few films i have seen was the old JFK film (was on last night), Final destination 3 in 3D amazing, fast and furious 4 amazing just like the first 3

we are wanting to go see Avatar, district 9 and Gamer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

We watched I Love you man and Obsessed this weekend. In my opinion, Obsessed was soooooooooooo predictable it wasn't good at all..and I love you man...well I expected alot more from Paul Rudd. Usually he is fantastic!
I agree on Obsessed.... I watched it a little bit ago, and it was very predictable and the acting IMO left alot to be desired.

I liked I Love You man, it wasn't bad..... maybe a 3.5-4 outta 5. I'd prolly watch it once more and that's it. Definately not a movie to rewatch much.

I watched Last House on the Left: and I have to agree with the others who mentioned bout the rape scene.... They went a little too far IMO and didn't have to show near as much as they did. But I do understand why it was nessecary for the movie (nothing as vengeful as a parent of a child/teen who has gone through that). The movie itself was ok, graphic and catchy, and I would recommend it with a forewarning about the aggressiveness.

faerian

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I went to see Ponyo with a friend last week. I'm a big Studio Ghibli fan, and I was really excited to know that Miyazaki was making another film, after he came out of retirement to do Howl's Moving Castle a few years back. It was cute, it wasn't his best film, but I enjoyed it. I think it was really geared towards little kids, maybe even more so than Totoro. In Totoro they addressed some real issues and you could really connect to the characters. In Ponyo, it was a bit more vague about the issues in Sosuke's life, except when you find out about his dad and mom. I'm not going to say any more, except that I strongly reccomend it to any Miyazaki fan who's not afraid to sing the Totoro theme song out in public....and dance to it. n-n;

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched part of a movie called "Dead Girl".

wouldn't recommend it, unless you want no plot.

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Went with a girlfriend to see The Time Travelers Wife, and was surprised it wasnt a total train wreck - I had expected much worse, but they were true to a lot more of the book than I thought possible. And Eric Bana didnt drive me insane!

Watch the 2 new James Bond Blu Rays - Man with the golden gun (one of my fave James Bonds ever) and License to Kill

doctorspepper2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Newest movie I saw was My Sister's Keeper. Wonderful movie, but it's quite the teary drama. I read the book, which got me interested, and am happy to say that the movie did not disappoint.

Latest movie I watched was Forrest Gump. I watched it for the first time a few days ago. Good movie as well!

hammyandwaf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Evan Almighty! Funny!!!!! loved it,

Really that is the only one that recently sticks in my brain, wait Watched Night at the Museum 2 last nite, it was good too.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I forgot to mention that I saw Angels and Demons on the plane from Singapore. I liked it more than I liked The DaVinci Code.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

I forgot to mention that I saw Angels and Demons on the plane from Singapore. I liked it more than I liked The DaVinci Code.
Same here!! Do you know if My Sisters Keeper has been released in NZ yet?

lynsey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
G.I. Joe - went this past weekend for DBF's birthday. I thought it was

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Same here!! Do you know if My Sisters Keeper has been released in NZ yet?
I haven't seen anything...hopefully soon!

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds. I wasn't really expecting anything but I loved it!
It's been a long time since I've actually seen a good 'new' movie so this was a pleasant surprise.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just watched....

Barbie and the Three Muskateers
(its not bad)

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by NorthernGlow

Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds. I wasn't really expecting anything but I loved it!
It's been a long time since I've actually seen a good 'new' movie so this was a pleasant surprise.
Yay I'm glad you enjoyed it too

I watched Australia last night and loved it!! Just thought everything looked really fake