Morticias legacy

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure everything will be ok. As all the others said it's a much simpler op for the boys. Everything is always easier for the make sex altogether. Try not to worry.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone. The boys were just let out of their crates. Astrid was let out last night and he was put in the bathroom because he would not drink water in the crate. Mouse and Doctor were just fine to stay in that crate until I said they could come out. As long as I fed them that is. Thye all seem to be doing fine, but if Astrid wont stop jumping then I will have to lock him up in the bathroom again.

The kittens are not having any of this. They do not want to be in crates! They are still locked up. Anytime they are let out they start to play  so I will have to keep them locked up for as long as I can. They come out a few times a day but when they start playing to hard they are put back in.

I am so much more relieved knowing that the two cannot have kittens and that my boys will be healthier. everyone has to stay inside for the next 10 days! how am I going to do that?!? The kittens are easy because they do not go outside very often, but they boys got outside everyday. Of course in the middle of typing this Astrid made a break for it. Poor baby is back in the bathroom.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Great news!

They have to stay crated? Can they move around the house though?

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The boys are not in crates. The kittens ( the same kittens from K.C. the pregnant stray) have to be locked p because if they are not they are going to end up ripping their stitches out. They can only be out of their crates wen they are being watched closely.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Well it sounds like they have all coped with their surgery admirably and making a good recovery as long as they don't play too hard!  Well done you for supervising and making sure they don't get up to to much mischief too quickly.  I am very happy for you that things have gone well for them.

In addition to the healing process I am assuming the 10 days is for their hormones to settle as it takes time for these to work out of their systems.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boys didn't have to be crated at all after their operations. Puzzled.

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mine were only crated for the first 24 hours and that was because the dogs kept trying to luck their stitches. Is this were the insicion should be for a male cat? I figured it would be lower...

Last edited by a moderator:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't think there were incisions. I though they just removed the testicle leaving empty sacs.

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Uhhh, all three of the boys have insicions.

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
On their stomachs. It looks to be in the same place the female kittens have theirs.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That's interesting. I've never heard of a neuter being done that way.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's weird. How much were you charged for the neuter compared to the spay?

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It was the same price. Because the two girls were strays they did their says cheaper.

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Gosh I was reading the first post in this thread and man were the boys small!. They are still my little hunters. I have found out recently that (before the boys got fixed) Mouse managed to breed the neighbors cat, so out of the 5 babies 1 of them is his. It looks so much like him! I am thinking about putting the boys on a raw diet. I know it is healthy for them to be on raw, and I already raise meat animals. I will have to post pictures soon.  

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I hope your neighbor plans to get all of those cats spayed too.

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am fighting with her to get them fixed. I had it set up so she could get them fixed for free, but she didn't want it. One of the kittens has worms really bad and she is bloated. She is also being kept outside because she never learned to use a litter box. 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

I am fighting with her to get them fixed. I had it set up so she could get them fixed for free, but she didn't want it. One of the kittens has worms really bad and she is bloated. She is also being kept outside because she never learned to use a litter box. 
It can be so hard to watch when they are not your responsibility and you can't just scoop them up.