Mommy To Be

eb24

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wouldn't bother with a vet trip, unless the vet sees a lot of pregnant cats they aren't experienced at guessing dates. 
I think MM's main point was, unless she seems to be in distress or otherwise ill this close to delivery it's not good to cause her any additional stress, and a vet visit will definitely be stressful on her. Also, without an exact date of conception it's all pretty much just a guessing game so your vet may not be able to tell you anything that you don't already know. 

However, if you are concerned about her then by all means take her. You just have to weigh the pros of what you may find out with the cons of the uncertainty of the situation and the added stress on her. By way of example, i brought in a foster that was huge and the vet was certain she would pop any minute- she kept me waiting 4 more weeks! On the other hand, I had another who they weren't even sure if she was pregnant (and if she was it was very early on) only to have her go into labor a few hours later. Sometimes even the most seasoned vets misjudge the time! 

In the end, only you know what you need to do. I hope the babies come tonight so you don't have to decide! Be safe during the storm. 

alicemama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was hoping to wake up to news of babies! Sending more good vibes!! :vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

klsylvester

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No babies..just a very uncomfortable momma. I woke up this morning hoping too.

klsylvester

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have a mommy kitty in the first stage of labor!! She's little needed for attention, moving a lot, purring like crazy, and we've seen some very good contractions!! Hopefully next post will be kittens!!

alicemama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Please update when you can I am so excited for you and Sophia!! :blobmir:

klsylvester

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update: I am unfortunately at work. But just before I left for work, she started pushing, and out came her mucus plug! She is now in active labor. We should have kittens within the next few hours, will update when I get updated as well! 

alicemama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yay! Pushing is certainly a great sign!! Thx for the update Alice isn't due until Nov 14th so Sophia's kittens will be an adorable distraction for me :). I hope aft their born and settled you'll share some pics with us. Good luck!!

klsylvester

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just a call! Kitten number 1 has arrived!!!

klsylvester

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kitten 1 has double paws like mom!

alicemama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Omg!! Beauties!! Congratulations!!!! Do you think she's done??

klsylvester

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't think she is, the vet counted 5 to 6 when we went in, in sept..right now she is resting, feeding, and cleaning...from what i have heard, they sometimes stop to rest and then will start back up...not sure if thats right or not.

alicemama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Whoo hoo so exciting! #1 looks like Mom's coloring! What a sweet pic :rbheart:

Last edited:

klsylvester

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
#1 does, double paws like mom too! #2 has the same stripes she has, but just full body vs spots. I can't wait to be home with her!