Michigan Meet-up!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats cool Meaghan!! Jenney we are waiting on Pookies schedule but we are for sure a Sunday in September. Pookie any word on the schedule yet?

waxlight

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm from Charlotte, MI. I may join depending on the date and what we do (and if i get my land taxes paid!). I just have to remember to keep come checking this thread

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing yet. We usually keep two months ahead and this Saturday is the end of one schedule, so it needs to be coming out soon. It's incredibly frustrating! Things have been extremely hectic lately, as we are starting up our open heart program this week. Our first open heart surgery is scheduled for tomorrow (thank God it's my day off!!!) It seems like nothing that isn't directly OH related is getting done right now.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We'd sure love to have you, the more the merrier!!
I also PM'd you and am going to send out reminder PM's to everyone once a day and place is set and then again on the day before and maybe day of the event! I look forward to seeing you all! Today I actually made the sign for the meet-up! I may post it so you will all know what to look for!
Maybe not though too!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

Nothing yet. We usually keep two months ahead and this Saturday is the end of one schedule, so it needs to be coming out soon. It's incredibly frustrating! Things have been extremely hectic lately, as we are starting up our open heart program this week. Our first open heart surgery is scheduled for tomorrow (thank God it's my day off!!!) It seems like nothing that isn't directly OH related is getting done right now.
We're patient! (ha pun!)
I'm so bad! Anyways, we'll wait and see when you are able to come and then set the date, I do hope it's soon as I am getting excited!
Hope all goes well tomorrow with the OH and that the person is very very good afterwards!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by waxlight

I'm from Charlotte, MI. I may join depending on the date and what we do (and if i get my land taxes paid!). I just have to remember to keep come checking this thread
Ooo! Hopefully you can come!

Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

*drums fingers on desk*

Do you want me to talk to the person in charge of scheduling?

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, sounds like things are slowely coming together. Jill, you rock for organizing all of this! I can't wait to meet everyone... so exciting.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You get em Jenney!!!
I am such a patient persistant person so I have a blast trying to set these up!!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pookie are you walking by the scheduler's desk every 15 minutes asking "So is the schedule done yet?"
Maybe you shouldn't....you might get all the weekends. yuck for us.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah.. don't go getting her to jinx our meet-up now!! She'll get a great weekend off I'll bet, sunshine and fun things!!

(I hope!)

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The gal who usually does the call schedule has been off for a couple of days. I sincerely hope that she'll be there soon to get it worked on. We've had a real staff shake-up with people from the regular O.R. switching positions to go to the Open Heart O.R. That even includes one of the minor administrators (one who does the daily assignments.) I'm sure with her changing positions, training her replacement has been a higher priority than working on the upcoming schedule. Pretty soon people are going to start b*tching, so I'm sure they'll start working on it soon...I hope!!!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

Pookie, we understand!! Hey, tell them people from all over the state are starting to complain!!
And even some fro OTHER states! LOL

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, guys.... while we are waiting on Pookies schedule, let's start getting ideas of what to do..

Crittergirls Cottage in Fremont
Michigan's Adventure in Whitehall
Pere Marquette Park (Beach) in Muskegon
Henry Ford Museum in Grand Rapids
Kellogg Factory in Battle Creek
South Haven (beach and parks) in South Haven
Vineyard by Crittergirl
Holland / Saugatuck Picinic or Mall

These are some of the ideas that have been thrown around! Let's all find out what we'd like to do and what the most of us could do!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vineyard by Crittergirl

I think the picinic idea sounds fun and peaceful and something anyone could do! We could also choose a location that is easy to go either indoors or under a canapy in inclimate weather. Crittergirls cottage may be really nice for that as well. I'm up for Michigans Adventure but I know some people may not be able to do that and you probably wouldn't see a lot of other people while there, also would have to check the schedule for September and see if they are open past Labor Day! I'll check to be sure...

So those are my
worth!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

Ok, guys.... while we are waiting on Pookies schedule, let's start getting ideas of what to do..

Vineyard by Crittergirl

These are some of the ideas that have been thrown around! Let's all find out what we'd like to do and what the most of us could do!
Is Fremont in MI? All I can find on Google maps is Fremont, IN

I'm down for pretty much any thing but I personally would lean toward a cottage, vineyard, beach/park or picnic.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Vineyard by Crittergirl

Those are my picks.

I had the same issue too Twstychik. I think one of the earlier posts Jill posted a link to the proper spot. It's somewhere between Ludington and Muskegon.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Again more good vibes for a sucessful meeting my friends!