Mercy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh my... poor Mercy!
I felt like that mother on the TV commercials. With Kitten we would have had her in a cervical collar and heading for the vet. With Mercy I made sure all the parts were working, Washed off some dust with a warm rag and put her bed. It's not that I care less. We just understand so much more about cats now. In order to get there she would have had to swing over. Something I watched her do on another set of shelves. My husband had the white look on his face and I just reassured him that time, weight and gravity would solve the problem. She's already outgrown a lot of the places we have blocked off.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Agile little skink, isn't she?  How long did it take you to dig her out?  And did she fight you tooth and nail every inch of the way?  I am amazed at the places kittens end up with only a 52 second head start. 

~Looks over at Mercy~  If you cut that out, Darlin, you just might be able to spend your nights in freedom.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

Agile little skink, isn't she?  How long did it take you to dig her out?  And did she fight you tooth and nail every inch of the way?  I am amazed at the places kittens end up with only a 52 second head start. 

~Looks over at Mercy~  If you cut that out, Darlin, you just might be able to spend your nights in freedom.
Looked a bit like a gibbon swinging around. I was expecting to have to go get the step stool, body armor and the jaws of life. She let me dig her out without much fuss. Madder over having a good wipe down. That tortie stink eye thing. Mook assisted by denying she had ever did anything like that. We thought we were going to have to have a crash helmet fitted for that one. She still uses the wall as a braking system.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Looked a bit like a gibbon swinging around. I was expecting to have to go get the step stool, body armor and the jaws of life. She let me dig her out without much fuss. Madder over having a good wipe down. That tortie stink eye thing. Mook assisted by denying she had ever did anything like that. We thought we were going to have to have a crash helmet fitted for that one. She still uses the wall as a braking system.
OH SNERK!

Remind me to tell you about Hekitty and the bird one fine day.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
And there it was. Mercy had climbed into my arms to be held like she does multiple times a day. That rush of love you feel deep in your heart when someone is special to you in their own way. That I could just gobble you up you spectacular little cat. The I'm gonna hold you and squeeze you and call you my own feeling.  I openly acknowledge part of the reason. A huge part of adopting her was that my home was a cavern for my husband and myself and our Mooky. That she looked like a little baby Kitten didn't exactly hurt.  A tortie that looked like a baby Kitten and had some attitude. Sorry that was a plus for me. I acknowledge I have withheld this love because it felt like I was somehow disrespected the bond I shared with Kitten. Which of course it doesn't.

Mercy is busy attacking a pink shoestring with a running commentary of chirps trills and alternate cussing since it won't properly stay under the throw rug.

Mercy is no longer the new cat. She is a resident cat. Both in my home and my heart.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Aw, so glad to hear Mercy is doing so much good. As you have done for her! She sounds like such a precious little sprite. I love the little chirps some cats make. You describe the rush of love that binds a new cat to our heart so well. It is a marvelous moment! [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

I believe any day would be fine for a Hekitty story.
Alrighty then.  Actually, it was the whole "use the wall as a braking system" that brought it to mind.  About a year ago, come the Spring, I walked in my apartment one evening, just before twilight (isn't that a pretty word?), and a dratted sparrow followed me in!  I had never heard of such a thing, but...there it was.  A sparrow.  Well, Hekitty spotted the bird about the same time that the bird spotted Hekitty, and both took off at full speed, circling the living room like so much jet-propelled fur and feathers.  They were weaving and bobbing like mad things, one trying to catch the other, and the other trying to avoid the one, and there I was, weaving and bobbing, trying to avoid being crashed into by either participant.  Finally, they both ended up on the far side of the living room, and both took off in a bee line straight across.  I have no clue why neither of them saw the wall, but they didn't...thud THUD...The sparrow hit the wall just above the stereo, and Hekitty hit the wall under it.  Knocked both of them out cold.  I snatched up the bird, and called my neighbor.  He came over and tucked it into the crotch of the tree just outside my living room window.  Meanwhile, Hekitty has come to, and is sitting there, shaking her head and muttering dire imprecations towards the bird, whom she believes is still there.   She spent the next two hours patrolling, looking for that dratted sparrow.  I was watching out the window when the bird finally took off, some 20 minutes after we took him down.  I've often wondered what he told his little birdie friends about the whole incident.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

Alrighty then.  Actually, it was the whole "use the wall as a braking system" that brought it to mind.  About a year ago, come the Spring, I walked in my apartment one evening, just before twilight (isn't that a pretty word?), and a dratted sparrow followed me in!  I had never heard of such a thing, but...there it was.  A sparrow.  Well, Hekitty spotted the bird about the same time that the bird spotted Hekitty, and both took off at full speed, circling the living room like so much jet-propelled fur and feathers.  They were weaving and bobbing like mad things, one trying to catch the other, and the other trying to avoid the one, and there I was, weaving and bobbing, trying to avoid being crashed into by either participant.  Finally, they both ended up on the far side of the living room, and both took off in a bee line straight across.  I have no clue why neither of them saw the wall, but they didn't...thud THUD...The sparrow hit the wall just above the stereo, and Hekitty hit the wall under it.  Knocked both of them out cold.  I snatched up the bird, and called my neighbor.  He came over and tucked it into the crotch of the tree just outside my living room window.  Meanwhile, Hekitty has come to, and is sitting there, shaking her head and muttering dire imprecations towards the bird, whom she believes is still there.   She spent the next two hours patrolling, looking for that dratted sparrow.  I was watching out the window when the bird finally took off, some 20 minutes after we took him down.  I've often wondered what he told his little birdie friends about the whole incident.
I guess the only thing worse would have been if she caught the bird.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, let's not even think about that.  I much prefer being left with a reasonably funny story to being left with a dead bird.  Hekitty, however, might disagree with me on this one.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

Oh, let's not even think about that.  I much prefer being left with a reasonably funny story to being left with a dead bird.  Hekitty, however, might disagree with me on this one.
We had a bird crash on our window right after installing the feeders. It got stuck and was just hanging on the screen. Mook was having a cow.  I made husband go out and dislodge it and being the man instead of throwing it in the bushes he just dropped it. Mook was walking up and down the sill yelling at him to share the bird, share the bird. Oh my it was pitiful. She had a shocked look on her face. I was going to go move it when one of the neighbors strays came by and thought it was a gift from heaven and sat there and ate it in front of her. I thought we were going to have to take Mook to therapy. She spent the rest of the day walking over and looking down where hubs had tossed the bird.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Isn't it funny how we know every little bit of them.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I know.  I actually memorized that mark just in case, Goddess forbid, I should ever have to identify Hekitty to an outsider...you know, to most people, torties all look alike, but if you say, "Butterfly shaped mark high on right ear," they get it.