Mercy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise

Is there anything we won't do for our cats? At all?  And she is such an engaging little scamp.  I really enjoy watching her grow up through your eyes.

I tell myself that if I ever found myself in possession of a considerable amount of money, I'd love to travel around and meed some of my internet friends...your house would be a stop I'd love to make.  I can't see it happening, but I can dream!

Travel is off the table for me until the credit cards are paid off. I hate debt. I loath paying interest. It would be a pleasure to host you. As long as you don't expect any of that loathsome herbal tea you mention. Patoooeeee.  Of course right now we fluctuate between freezing ice slicks in the morning to mud trenches in the afternoon refreezing into a lumpy mixture over night  to repeat the process again the next day.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
~GRIN~  I'd have to be gifted with a winning lottery ticket for all of that to happen, I'm afraid.  Tho you never know!  And not to fret...the only herbal tea I'm indordinately fond of drinking just for sport, so to speak, is peppermint.  And I carry my own.  Earl Grey is nice on occasion...I carry that, too. 

The weather here is far warmer than there, I'd trade in a minute.  I don't do heat well at all.  Today it was 56 degrees out...72 in my apartment, which gets full sun all morning and much of the afternoon.  AC in January is just disgusting.

laura h

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome Mercy. I hope you can give your mommy  a bit of comfort as she adjusts to all this newness. 

Mercy will never replace Kitten. You'll love her, but you'll never forget Kitten. The joy of cats is each one has their own personality and traits that we love about them.

Big hugs and welcome Mercy! Don't give Mook too hard of a time!

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Fridays child is loving and giving. And that is what Mercy has been doing. Mercy came home on a Friday. A smelly little scamp with a rap sheet stuffed in a cardboard carrier with a hand towel put in as her bed by the shelter. And I felt like I was transporting a rare gem. and halfway home I heard the name Mercy spoken. And all of my heart animals have called their  own names.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Fridays child is loving and giving. And that is what Mercy has been doing. Mercy came home on a Friday. A smelly little scamp with a rap sheet stuffed in a cardboard carrier with a hand towel put in as her bed by the shelter. And I felt like I was transporting a rare gem. and halfway home I heard the name Mercy spoken. And all of my heart animals have called their  own names.
"Rap sheet" - I do love the way you think! And am so glad Mercy came into your life. [emoji]128150[/emoji]

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Good evening!
I hope everyone is doing well today!
Good news:

Baby Mook’s lab work looks great J;  chemistries (liver/kidney enzymes/blood glucose) are normal;  cbc ( white/red blood cells/platelets) is normal too!  Urine is concentrating well which is a good sign of healthy kidneys;  stool sample is negative for intestinal parasites.

Little Mercy’s stool sample is negative too!

from the vet visit yesterday
Goodness, just saw this now. That is such great news!

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

Oh, look at that precious little mite!  I want to lean in and give her a big kiss!
It ain't so little anymore. Another few weeks and I'll have to start supporting her rear instead of holding her up for belly kisses. She's also losing that disturbing ability to swing along the front of shelves to access areas I'd rather she not be. Things stuffed with rolls of paper towels and a hefty number of our bath towels along with strips of two sided tape. The Animal Planet Baby Gibbon show in our house will NOT be missed.

Mercy is quite kiss tolerant.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
I sent a email to the shelter today and asked if the foster for Mercy/Fluffy might have some baby pictures of her. Surprisingly I got an email back in minutes saying it had been forwarded to the person who was in charge of foster arrangements. Cross your fingers for me.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I need my fingers for the keyboard for a bit yet, but toes are firmly crossed, and Goddess help me if I forget to uncross them before I go to fetch more tea!  Baby pics of Mercy would be wonderful.  I do have to wonder what unimaginative soul names such a delicious scamp "Fluffy."

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

I need my fingers for the keyboard for a bit yet, but toes are firmly crossed, and Goddess help me if I forget to uncross them before I go to fetch more tea!  Baby pics of Mercy would be wonderful.  I do have to wonder what unimaginative soul names such a delicious scamp "Fluffy."
I believe that shelters feel the need to give a name. Any name to an animal to make it more than the number on their cage. You are free to cross your metaphorical fingers dear. lets not be over literal. Perhaps she was the fluffy one in the litter. It just occurred that most people here take pictures of their fosters. Maybe there was one of my little girl.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Mercy has learned the art of putting things into things. As in there is always a toy in my shoe. Her fuzzy is in the crackle tunnel and tonight she was putting it in a bag. Walking off and then running back to pounce and kill it. For the life of me I can't remember when Kitten and Mook started that but I know they both did and Mook still does somewhat. Kitten was a lifelong hoarder. There wasn't a rug or piece of furniture she didn't stuff things under and then go back later to hunt.

I can't remember leaving her in her crate even though it hasn't been that long we sent her to prison every night.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, Mercy has gotten so big! It's funny when they hide things, and where they hide them. A couple months ago a bottle opener mysteriously disappeared from the kitchen table. We looked high and low for it, but it had vanished. A few days later I found it in my handbag; a certain little somebody loves to open the zipper on it.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, Mercy has gotten so big! It's funny when they hide things, and where they hide them. A couple months ago a bottle opener mysteriously disappeared from the kitchen table. We looked high and low for it, but it had vanished. A few days later I found it in my handbag; a certain little somebody loves to open the zipper on it.
That's right! Blame it on the cat! [emoji]128573[/emoji]

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mercy is becoming quite a character...wait..."becoming" isn't right...she always has been, but is refining that character in truly wonderful ways.

And c'mon, Margd, it generally is the cat!  There's just no denying it!  Our kittehs are into everything every moment of the day!  Hekkers is currently dragging her kitty kube around the living room.