Mega massive vibes for Lazlo urgent

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Calvin&I

Laurie, glad you liked the oncologist. I sincerely hope that the chemo does it's job with minimal side effect.
glad that laz is eating. Keeping our fingers crossed and sending tons of your way
I hope so too, and thank you.
When I see Lazlo like this, it's so hard not to get my hopes up. But Doc did advise that if problems with the chemo are going to crop up, it's usually day 2 or 3.

And Violet, we do feel very blessed to have been sent his direction. He only wants Laz on the chemo if we're not "forcing" it. He also brought Lazlo back to us, not one of the techs. He said Lazlo might just be weak, but didn't seem at all stressed during the treatment. We really appreciate that he took the time to tell us that - himself. (And they were running late and the place was packed).

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Carolina

Go Lazlo, go Lazlo!!! I love it! and yep, they are just too cute for words!!!
and the sound of them asking for food when they are sick and need to put on weight after being force-fed.... cute-to-the-max!
Well, if he asks for food every 20 minutes throughout the night, I'm not sure how cute I'm going to find it by about 5:00am.
I might grumble... but I will NOT be complaining!

It was funny. Gary asked Doc if we should feed him every hour. He said - well, that wouldn't be much of a life for you! As you work from home, during the day maybe every two hours, and through the night every four (we were assuming we'd have to be syringe feeding him). NONE of us were thinking... every 20 minutes!

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, I'd take it as a good sign that Lazlo wants to eat, even if it's so frequently.
The doctor sounds great too. We're still keeping our fingers, toes, and tails crossed for all of you!!

violet

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Laurie, I'm just thinking out loud here......

As long as he can keep his food down, I guess, everything is all right. But I would still be careful. The anti-nausea medication might mask something that could cause problems in a day or two. So please be careful. (And keep in mind, without this medication he wouldn't be able to eat, so his eating is really not natural. And the question will be, whether his body can really handle it.)

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I asked Gary (who passed out shortly after we got home). He reminded me Doc wanted us to call him tomorrow with an update, so we can ask then. We'll just make the call in the morning.

And while normally I'd agree on the "not natural" part... Everything we're doing here isn't natural. In fact, we're trying to counteract natural, in a sense.
(Doing my thinking out loud too!). But definitely don't want to overwhelm his system.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow I can't keep up with the updates.

Do the other cats sense something is different?

Make sure both you and Gary and eating properly and getting enough rest as this is stressful for both of you.

I'm hoping for a positive outcome for Lazlo. You guys are doing so much for him.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just adding my good wishes for Lazlo and you and Gary.

I know how taxing these things are on you....it seems we live and breathe in a bubble of stress, and hopes and fears.

Take a bit of time for yourselves and exhale now and then. I get so tight and have such tunnel vision during these times when my guys are sick. Someone has to tell me to breathe.

As usual, prayers for Lazlo. What a cherrished kitty.
:vi bes:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He kept eating throughout the night.
He really wanted the kibble, so I fed him kibble. The vet did say feed him whatever he'll eat.
No surprise he didn't eat much wet food at breakfast this morning, so I syringe fed him about 18ml - 20ml (3 syringes I overfilled). He really seems to like it when I do this, crazy cat.
That was a little more than 1/3 of a can, so he's on track to get some meat on his bones.

He really is doing well.
He continues to claim the paper bag and defends it, demands to be brushed, and is back to bopping Billy when Bill gets in his face.
(Bill will never give up trying to get Lazlo to groom him
).

I know we're on day one after the chemo, and have a few more days before we'll know how he's tolerating this. But the anti-nausea meds are obviously making him feel SO much better!

Doc called this morning to check in on him (LOVE THIS GUY!!!). I asked about the feeding even though the issue is kind of moot LOL. He said as long as he's not throwing up, just keep going. Whatever, whenever. Kibble, wet, it's all good. OH! And I got to tell him I saw Lazlo drinking water on his own for the first time in ... a long time. He said skip the SubQ fluids (for now) as he was well hydrated yesterday.

One day at a time. Today is a good day.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Laurie, just adding my good wishes and vibes for you all. it sounds like you are getting hte best possible advice and treatment. I do so hope it works.

susan_marie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Laurie, I have been reading your updates each day and couldn't be happier that Lazlo is eating like a champ!

The oncologist really sounds like a gem and truly cares about what is best for your little guy. I know we don't know each other and I am new to this forum, but I want you to know that I said a prayer for Lazlo's healing and your family.

It sounds like you are giving him lots of love and cheese danishes.
I am looking forward to hearing that tomorrow will be just as good as today.

violet

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know we're on day one after the chemo, and have a few more days before we'll know how he's tolerating this. But the anti-nausea meds are obviously making him feel SO much better!
This is so wonderful. Really, really wonderful.

Hoping and praying for many, many more good days like today.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha, Laurie, this vet sounds amazing. I must say that this is the first time I've ever wished I lived in New Jersey! Bahahaha!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Haha, Laurie, this vet sounds amazing. I must say that this is the first time I've ever wished I lived in New Jersey! Bahahaha!
And one of the first times we're happy live here! Well... Chum's vet started that ball rolling.
. Although can't forget Tuxie's vet. Ok, one thing love about where we live is the vet care.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Holy moly! How lucky you are with that angel of a vet! And Lazlo is so lucky to have you guys! And he's quite a trouper! I love the idea of him just walking up and meowing in your ear, "I'm hungry again. Got anything to eat?"

Good boy, Lazlo!!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been gone for a few days and just returned to find this. Oh Laurie!!!

I lost the first love of my life (Hippocrates) 21 years ago to lymphosarcoma. They didn't understand the disease as well as they do these days, but it's obvious from reading your posts that he had the large cell type which started in his stomach. The options for chemo in those days wasn't as good as it is now but we managed to keep him comfortable for about 4 months.

You mentioned to me more than once that you haven't gone through something like this before and dreaded the day that you do. Not surprising to me at all, I can tell from your updates that you are doing all the right things and keeping a positive approach to all of this. I have only 1 reminder to offer to you: keep that cheese danish flowing his way!!

You have all the and
I can muster up for you.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
to all.

Lazlo is really benefitting from all your good thoughts, vibes and prayers.
With the continued eating, he's getting his strength back, and clearly feels so much better than he did.

He continues to pester me for food. At today's first wet meal of the day, he took a lick and looked up at me (from where he normally eats, up in the top cabinet above the cat tree). He jumped down to the floor, looked at me again, and ran to the bathroom (where he gets the majority of his extra meals, because it's the only place in the RV with a door). I took his bowl, and filled up a syringe. He just sat there and purred while I syringe fed him his entire bowl of food (4.5 syringes). Go figure.

Shelly wanted the paper bag, and Lazlo bopped him a good one.

So far, knock wood... day two is a good day.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

to all.

Lazlo is really benefitting from all your good thoughts, vibes and prayers.
With the continued eating, he's getting his strength back, and clearly feels so much better than he did.

He continues to pester me for food. At today's first wet meal of the day, he took a lick and looked up at me (from where he normally eats, up in the top cabinet above the cat tree). He jumped down to the floor, looked at me again, and ran to the bathroom (where he gets the majority of his extra meals, because it's the only place in the RV with a door). I took his bowl, and filled up a syringe. He just sat there and purred while I syringe fed him his entire bowl of food (4.5 syringes). Go figure.

Shelly wanted the paper bag, and Lazlo bopped him a good one.

So far, knock wood... day two is a good day.
Hahahaha! Mommy! Feed me by HAND!!! I'm special!!!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Holy cow! I can't believe all that's transpired since I was last on this thread just last Friday! Wow! Things sound really good, considering. I'm so happy that he's feeling so good at the moment, and hoping he keeps it up and beats this thing. Gosh, I'm just in shock at how things have turned around so quickly for little Laz (doesn't sound like he'll be little much longer
)

that things continue the way they are now

lovewhiskers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Laurie, it sounds like Laz LOVES being doted on, and that is absolutely perfect, the way it shoul be! The descriptions of the paper bag and him running to the bathroom and talking to you made me smile
So sweet....

You found an amazing vet, I am certain he loves all his patients but I am also certain he fell in love with Laz and with the two of you. That is not hard to do at all

I am thinking about you guys all the time and keep sending you tons and tons of vibes