Mega massive vibes for Lazlo urgent

calvin&i

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

to all.

Lazlo is really benefitting from all your good thoughts, vibes and prayers.
With the continued eating, he's getting his strength back, and clearly feels so much better than he did.

He continues to pester me for food. At today's first wet meal of the day, he took a lick and looked up at me (from where he normally eats, up in the top cabinet above the cat tree). He jumped down to the floor, looked at me again, and ran to the bathroom (where he gets the majority of his extra meals, because it's the only place in the RV with a door). I took his bowl, and filled up a syringe. He just sat there and purred while I syringe fed him his entire bowl of food (4.5 syringes). Go figure.

Shelly wanted the paper bag, and Lazlo bopped him a good one.

So far, knock wood... day two is a good day.
Awwww - laz is enjoying all the TLC from meowmy.

You and Gary are doing such a good job and of course, so is Lazlo. Sending more and more your way.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Laurie!!!!!!! I am HOME
now and the first thing I did (after checking on my kitties and feeding them and unpacking, etc.) was race on the computer for a rundown on Lazlo. I have been sick with worry not knowing and I am just
for JOY that he is doing so much better and wanting to eat. And can I add, that I want to move to New Jersey too,
to have a vet like yours. It's just incredible how much your vet cares and even makes calls to you personally. I was SO worried and now I feel back in the loop and up-to-speed with everything about you medical treatment plans for Laz. You have a good plan of action going here
. ALL your kitties are very lucky to have a meowmy who is a professional researcher too
. Lazlo is in the best possible loving hands. More MEGA vibes to you all tonight, I thought of you all weekend and prayed too. I am glad at least today was a good day
. I know the feeling too, because of Wilbur, the good days and the bad days. One day at a time, heck, one hour at a time

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad Lazlo is eating ok, I hope he continues to do so

calvin&i

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How's little Lazlo doing today?
Prayers that this is a a "good day"

Hope you and Gary are taing care of yourselves and eating properly.
for everyone

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I didn't want to say it'd been a good day before it was, but it has been.

We go tomorrow morning at 9:30 for the 2nd treatment - it's normally given the same day, but Doc is staggering the treatments so Lazlo's stomach wall has time to repair.

violet

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another good day. Fantastic! Very good news!
Heartfelt wishes for many, many more.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
BTW, think me crazy, or don't, but we used an animal communicator with Chumley and Shelly. She was amazing.
I've posted about this before in one of Chumley's threads. This is the woman: http://www.enlightenedanimals.com/

A wonderful friend from TCS offered to pay for some of Ellen's services (
) and we've taken her up on the offer. Ellen going to do some energy work with Lazlo, and she's going to communicate with him. He'll probably have had two visits to the Doc for his chemo by the time she starts, but what we really want to know is - does he want us to continue with the chemo?

He's never seemed overly stressed from vet visits, and didn't seem overly stressed from the ordeal on Friday (we left at 10:30 in the morning and got home at around 8:00 at night!!!!), but we want to make sure we're not seeing it that way because we want to see it that way.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh hun,I have just read all this and I am so sorry that this has happened to Lazlo but I am really pleased that all seems to be going well at the minute and he is feeling a little more like himself.Take it day by day.I will be thinking of you.xx

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Laurie, I am glad Lazlo is having another good day.
And you know the kind of day I have been having already.
I want to thank you again for connecting me up with Ellen for Wilbur. Wilbur and I are having a wonderful night with lots of
at eachother. Give Laz ANOTHER
from me....
Will be thinking of you every second tomorrow morning
Will be waiting to hear more news.

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Three ounces is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Still praying for you and Gary. If you weren't going to mention Ellen I was
So happy she's here for us!!
Please keep us posted on Lazlo's great progress. And give Gary all my best wishes.

violet

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Laz gained 3 oz!!!!!! (We're at the oncologist now).
Laurie, this is fantastic news because it means he's absorbing the nutrients from his food.
Absolutely wonderful. I'm so happy for all of you!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
His ulcers are no longer bleeding!

His hematocrit was WAY above normal! It was 60!!!! This is NOT worrying right now - it is a "transition" hematocrit. His body was in overdrive trying to keep up his needed blood supply that was leaking from his ulcers, and his bone marrow should adjust now that he's not losing blood.

The one thing I LOVE about this vet is just how personalized the treatments are. He discussed next week's chemo treatment, and it all depends upon how much weight Lazlo has gained by then. They dose so precisely, I'm sure this is so very different than a local vet, who probably picks one chemo treatment and uses a standard dosage schedule. This has GOT to be helping and affecting how he feels.

Given Lazlo's blood profile and weight, he wants me to call Thursday and daily thereafter if necessary to determine when to start him on the pred. He received the depo last Wednesday, and it's a two-week shot. So he wants to keep very close eye on his appetite and behavior.

But obviously he was so pleased to hear how Lazlo's been doing.

And Lazlo's reminding me it's time for the lunch "dinner."

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He ate a 1/2 can of a/d all on his own.

He's been eating kibble like a champ, but I've been finding I need to use the syringes to get all of his wet food down at some meals. Of course - he seems to like it.
But it makes me so happy when he wants to eat it all on his own. !!!

calvin&i

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Great update, Laurie.

Lazlo is such a champ!

Continued for all of you.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh sorry for yet another update LOL, but I totally forgot to tell you when I called them for dinner, Ming Loy grabbed at Lazlo as he walked past her (as she grabs at anyone walking by LOL). Instead of ignoring her or hopping over her - he tackled her!
She was screaming bloody murder as she does. He stood up - gave her one of his "that's enough" looks - and bopped her on the head and strolled on with his elegant gait!

Billy, who's been trying to take advantage of the situation to either take Lazlo's place as alpha - or try to get him to be a friend (by shoving his face in his chest for a groom) - shoved his face in Lazlo's butt - and Laz did a 180 and bopped him several really good thwacks really fast. Bill crouched - realizing this Lazlo isn't last week's Lazlo.

Other than his eating - I don't think anything's made me happier recently!