Meet Mimi the pregnant foster

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love this picture!! You have mom's face "In the sky" so to speak, looking down over her batch of 6 kittens. Love how that picture looks of the 7 of them!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

britw120

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mimi is doing good. We had a good play today.

The kittens are fascinated with the wall...

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just found this thread, and that is one cute litter of kittens!  I'm sure by now you can easily tell one from the other, especially since their little fursonalities are starting to come out!  I have to ask, though, you're fostering mama, is there any chance that one of these babies will find a permanent home with you?

britw120

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Just found this thread, and that is one cute litter of kittens!  I'm sure by now you can easily tell one from the other, especially since their little fursonalities are starting to come out!  I have to ask, though, you're fostering mama, is there any chance that one of these babies will find a permanent home with you?
Yes we are going to keep one of the kittens, the only problem is which one!  There are 2 contenders for permanent residency, the sweet white cheeked tabby boy and the pretty little light colored calico (neither are in the pic from yesterday). 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm partial to calicos, but they are both just precious! Any chance of keeping both? They would become best friends and each other's playmates! I cannot imagine making this decision. [emoji]128149[/emoji][emoji]128149[/emoji]

britw120

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm partial to calicos, but they are both just precious! Any chance of keeping both? They would become best friends and each other's playmates! I cannot imagine making this decision. [emoji]128149[/emoji][emoji]128149[/emoji]
I told Hubbs that I wanted to keep both because its too hard to choose!  

If I kept 2 would it be better to spay the female first and then neuter the male or should they be done at the same time?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keeping two is great because there will be a buddy who is an equal match in terms of energy. I would recommend getting them fixed at the same time. That way neither one is full of energy and attacking a kitten who needs to be resting.

Are you going to keep Mimi too?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I told Hubbs that I wanted to keep both because its too hard to choose!  

If I kept 2 would it be better to spay the female first and then neuter the male or should they be done at the same time?
I'd keep them both too. They are so adorable. It would be impossible to choose. I don't see why they couldn't be done at the same time since they are the same age and probably around the same weight. It would be good for them to grow up together

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No kidding, you really should keep them both.  My two cats, Atticus and Thirteen, are not from the same litter but they think they are.  I got them mere weeks apart. They give each other baths and snuggle and play; it's honestly the cutest damn thing I've ever seen. 

One kitten is going to get bored in your house.  TWO KITTENS though are going to have a SPLENDID time together and forge a life long bond.

You just gotta' keep 'em both. 

britw120

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We do have 2 dogs and 2 kids under 6...(not that that would stop me from keeping both)...I don't remember if I mentioned that. Mimi's owner has been very involved so she will be going back home with him. He wants to take a kitten home with him too.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Fix them both at the same time. It's no trouble at all. Just book them both in the same day.

I took in a pregnant stray last spring, who had 4 kittens. I could not decide either, so I kept mom and all 4 kittens! They will turn 1 next month. I had mom spayed when the kittens were 8 weeks old, and 2 kittens fixed at 12 weeks old, and the other 2 the next week at 13 weeks old. I split it up only because it was easier for me to handle 2 pet carriers at a time, and mama kitty was happier not having them all gone at once.

They are all the best of friends and awesome playmates! [emoji]128522[/emoji][emoji]128149[/emoji]

britw120

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
While we're talking about it what is a good price (if anyone can remember) for spaying or neutering?  My vet quoted $263 @ 6 months

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is that for each cat or all three?

You can google low cost spay/neuter or check with your local ASPCA for a lower price.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I paid that amount for my mama cat to be spayed and get all her shots at my private vet. However, my local Humane Society was running a kitten special, and each kitten under 6 months was only $20 apiece. I added in shots, so paid a little more. Their regular package price without a special is about $75 for a female and $60 for a male, and the package includes worming and shots. You should shop around.

Last edited: