Matilda

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My vet called me back and said to try the Karyo syrup one more time give him a few minutes try to feed him and if it doesn't work call him back in an hour. Karen (Rescue coordinator ) gets off of work soon and will call me so touch base on our next step.
This time when I gave him the syrup I have him quite a bit and it might have perked him up so I'm off to try and feed him to see if he can eat.

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Still spills out of his mouth. :/ With the "puff" sounds he has when he breaths I think he may have pneumonia is there any treatment for that with a kitten this young?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They can have Clavamox. . .maybe some others but I know Clavamox can be used for young kittens. Hopefully it's something fixable, poor little guy.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Clavamox is fine! Can you get it quickly? Pneumonia can be fatal. When did this start - today? There may still be a chance if he gets meds. He's going to need sub-q fluids too.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Don't have any expertise in this, but wanted to tell you I'm here, and I care, and my heart is breaking for you and Carter.  What has happened?  Anything?

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Never give up xxx hold him close to you and ask the higher universe for help and love xx follow all the medical advice and try to pass your loving healing Alive positive energy on to him xxx

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He passed away on my chest about 20 minutes ago. By the time I got the correct dose for the clavamox from the vet and after hearing his symptoms he said I can go ahead and try to get them into him but he didn't see it working fast enough for him and there wasn't much we could do. Once I got off the phone Karen called and that's when he started to pass away.

Should I inquire about a wellness check on the others or do you think they will be fine?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm so sorry. I think you should just keep a close eye on them. If you suspect they are coming down with something, immediately start them on the clavamox.

Had you supplemented this kitten? Is there any chance he aspirated formula into his lungs?

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
so sorry about that sweet little guy.  At lease  he knew love from you!

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He didn't with me but he could have when he was with the previous foster. Rhett was in the same state when we got him so I'm hoping it's just because they had a rough start.
I went a head and made a vet appointment for Thursday just to make sure everyone is okay. I am going to pour everything I've got left into the last foster kitten Owen but I've mentally prepared myself if he doesn't make it. My major concern right now is the health of the whole group, Thursday can't come fast enough! I want to make sure they are okay!

I did notice the start of a URI Lavender had gunk in her eyes and everyone was sneezing so we did start Momma on meds hopefully that takes care of that. If not I'm sure the vet will give us something when we go. We also have been putting ointment on Lavenders eyes to help with the gunk, cleaning everyone's off twice a day as well.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's good you are taking preventative measures and seeing the vet. Let's hope everyone will thrive!

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone for your kind words. [emoji]128150[/emoji]

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Owen started to open his eyes tonight! I can't wait to see those sweet little things! His face was very pointy when he got here but now that he is eating it's getting some shape to it not as round and chunky has Matilda's kittens but definitely looking better.

Our rescue just got word of 5 2wk bottle kittens! Ugh I so wish I wasn't at school for 8 hours I'd take them on in a heart beat! The pregnant mom I posted about before ended up going to a partner rescue. Keep your fingers crossed we can help these bottle babies.
We also just got word of abandoned kittens in someone's back yard.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitten season is in full swing! So sorry for the loss of your babies, I have lost a lot of my babies because the shelter that sent them to me vaccinated the pregnant moms. It is rough not being able to do anything for them. Hugs.

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kitten season is in full swing! So sorry for the loss of your babies, I have lost a lot of my babies because the shelter that sent them to me vaccinated the pregnant moms. It is rough not being able to do anything for them. Hugs.
Hugs back at you girl! It's so hard! I've been watching your thread I just haven't had the time to comment! What you do is amazing!
But I do have a question for you! When you work your long hours do you have someone take over the supplementing or do your kittens go that long? If they do, do you move the feedings closer together while your home? I'm just asking because I'm trying to figure out how to help more kittens but I'm afraid of the 8 hour gap during the day while I'm at school.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
My boyfriend works the opposite shift of me (which sucks for seeing him, but works out great for supplementing kittens). When I was supplementing Andy's kittens I didn't worry as much because I knew she was feeding them some (she had the 8 kittens- I had to supplement and rotate the runts).