Matilda

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Leave her be unless it's time to feed a kitten. Feed it, put it back, and leave the room again. You can supplement every 4 hours.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just got word of this stray, they say she is 7-8wks along and won't keep her inside. Ugh why don't people spay and neuter!!!! I hope we can get her before she runs off and has them somewhere unsafe. [emoji]128546[/emoji]

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Matilda's kittens are two weeks old today! They've grown so much it's crazy!
The two new kittens Carter and Owen are doing great, they fought the syringe so much I figured it wouldn't hurt to try the bottle and they are doing amazing with it! Owen drinks about 2cc every four hours and Carter drinks 2cc every two hours. They are also nursing and being taken care of by momma.

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
For the little stray:  

Matilda's kittens are growing like WEEDS!  Good job!

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When I feed Carter and Owen should I be letting them eat as much as they want or should I be limiting how much they are getting. There little bellys get so bigger after eating I don't want to be over doing it if that's possible.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They can have as much as they want. Big bellies are healthy on kittens. They will stop when they are full.

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok great, good to know.
Sense I will be at school for 8 hours tomorrow should I move the night feedings closer together? So instead of every four do every 3 or 2 hours?
Thank you so much for always being there to answer me! This site is great and so are all of the members!

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I need help! Carter is didn't good this morning, he is cold I can't get any KMR into him and his breathing is shallow!

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I really don't know what to do with him! I've put Honey, and Nurtical on his gums I've tried to syringe feed him and it just sits in his mouth then spills out...I've tried the bottle and he won't take it! I can't get him to warm up either I have him on a heating pad because momma moves him away from the other kittens. I really don't know what else to do. I don't want to lose him like I did Rhett. Owen and Carter were doing soooo good and I'm feeling like I'm failing them.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stick him in your shirt, next to your skin, if you can. Getting him warmed up is the most important right now.

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've tried that for about an hour as well. Nothing is seeming to work

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This does not sound good. He is probably going to pass. Keep trying, but it sounds like fading kitten syndrome. [emoji]128546[/emoji]

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
should I ask the rescue about euthanizing him? They don't think he will make it either so why make him lay and suffer? Is there anything else I can try?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The cold body and shallow breathing mean he may be dying.

Last edited:

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Right now he is warmer than this morning but not as he should be he has little puff sounds when he is breathing and is moaning right now.
I'm thinking I'm going to call my vet and see what he says and then ask the rescue. Obviously I can't make the decision but I trust my vet so what ever he says I'll be okay with.
This is the toughest thing I've ever gone through with house pets. These little guys definitely know the way to your heart. I just feel like I'm failing him. [emoji]128546[/emoji]

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He may pass before you can get to the vet. Hold him and give him comfort. Poor little guy.

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just called and left him a text. :/ I hope we can make it I don't want him to dye in pain.