many complaints about Whiskas Temptations

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wasn't going to click on the link because I have a policy of never reading/looking at atrocity-related material. But after reading the headline, it is added to the many incidents that infuriate me. I've argued with a lot of people, including friends, in the UK on the subject of keeping cats indoors-only for their safety and their families' peace of mind. I will continue to do so as long as I have breath and sanity. Just because it's the 'culture' or 'tradition' to let cats roam free does not make it right. As long as one cat is threatened or harmed, it is not right. People in the UK would presumably refrain from turning their toddlers out in the streets to fend for themselves, no matter how fun it might be for the toddlers. Why they can't/won't make the leap from defenseless small children to defenseless cats is beyond me.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
I wasn't going to click on the link because I have a policy of never reading/looking at atrocity-related material. But after reading the headline, it is added to the many incidents that infuriate me. I've argued with a lot of people, including friends, in the UK on the subject of keeping cats indoors-only for their safety and their families' peace of mind. I will continue to do so as long as I have breath and sanity. Just because it's the 'culture' or 'tradition' to let cats roam free does not make it right. As long as one cat is threatened or harmed, it is not right. People in the UK would presumably refrain from turning their toddlers out in the streets to fend for themselves, no matter how fun it might be for the toddlers. Why they can't/won't make the leap from defenseless small children to defenseless cats is beyond me.
There are cheap fencing options and a growing number of people who put their cat on a harness and go for walks. I have one window where I let the trees grow right up against the reinforced screens. They feel outside there. At least I hope they do.