many complaints about Whiskas Temptations

Gaven Kent

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just in case you don't know, it's well documented that the head of that particular organization has stated she "loves" killing animals, and that that organization advocates for killing free-roaming cats and against TNR. They are also documented as killing almost all of the cats (and dogs) collected from trusting people who are given the LIE that they will be found good loving homes for. I don't know why anyone supports that organization or believes anything any of them says. They are o friends of animals and NO friends of mine.
Who is Ingrid? Is it the woman from Seattle who was murdered?

Gaven Kent

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ingrid Newkirk is the president of PETA
how stupid am I?! I googled Ingrid and body parts and got the story of the woman in Seattle who was murdeted and cut up then disposed of in a recycling bin by a guy she met on Facebook. I've now read the correct pages and will pay more attention in future!
Some of her views are ridiculous. Her statement that says that animals are not ours to experiment on is a total contradiction in terms of promoting vegan diets for cats and dogs. It's a lifestyle choice that is fine for humans but a dangerous step into the unknown with domestic and carnivorous pets and a form of experimentation if I ever saw one. All I knew about her organisation was their use of celebrities in costly photo shoots with anti fur etc statements. It hasn't got a big presence in the UK. Just the fact that they promote vegan diets for cats and dogs is disturbing. The first line in their article says that by feeding our pets wet and dry food we are damaging their health. No messing about and straight to the point. nobody mentions that these diets and the necessary supplements cost a lot. I'm sure it's beyond the reach of an average working class family. I had a think about about how we live and what we spend and came to the conclusion that as a household we spend more on our cats every month than our total food bill for two people. Any additional cat costs would eat up the small amount of spare money left and any financial safety net we have would be gone. Pet veganism is definitely a luxury and one that is beyond my grasp! I hate to think of the cost of bespoke vegan cat food and daily supplements. Also how do people successfully change a cats diet to something so drastically different? If a cat was brought up on a meat diet surely they'll flatly refuse to eat anything else? I have enough trouble changing food brands or even serving it in a different bowl! I'd be interested to see what long term research has been done and how cats of different breeds, ages and health are affected. Kittens born to mothers subjected to this dietry change must be affected in terms of birth weight, resistance to illness and life expectancy. In the meantime I'll keep reading and continue to be amazed at what's out there! We've had cat veganism so when will I see the YouTube offshoot aimed at cats and their owners called MewTube? There's enough cat videos out there so hopefully not too long!

Gaven Kent

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
kittens mom sorry to read about your loss. I've had some dubious advice from vets over the years and try to triple check everything as best I can. My mums Burmese Kali died after giving birth to four kittens. The vets advice was to euthanise them. Mum was having none of that and successfully hand reared all four. This was in 1981 and the vet is still practicing now. All four cats lives to between 19-21 years old and the one we kept had a bond with mum that was unlike anything I've ever seen. I know veterinary science has progressed since then and and that how health professionals in every field have improved their interpersonal skills but it can't hurt to double or triple check the facts when faced with such a final diagnosis. I hope things get better

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
how stupid am I?! I googled Ingrid and body parts and got the story of the woman in Seattle who was murdeted and cut up then disposed of in a recycling bin by a guy she met on Facebook. I've now read the correct pages and will pay more attention in future!
Some of her views are ridiculous. Her statement that says that animals are not ours to experiment on is a total contradiction in terms of promoting vegan diets for cats and dogs. It's a lifestyle choice that is fine for humans but a dangerous step into the unknown with domestic and carnivorous pets and a form of experimentation if I ever saw one. All I knew about her organisation was their use of celebrities in costly photo shoots with anti fur etc statements. It hasn't got a big presence in the UK. Just the fact that they promote vegan diets for cats and dogs is disturbing. The first line in their article says that by feeding our pets wet and dry food we are damaging their health. No messing about and straight to the point. nobody mentions that these diets and the necessary supplements cost a lot. I'm sure it's beyond the reach of an average working class family. I had a think about about how we live and what we spend and came to the conclusion that as a household we spend more on our cats every month than our total food bill for two people. Any additional cat costs would eat up the small amount of spare money left and any financial safety net we have would be gone. Pet veganism is definitely a luxury and one that is beyond my grasp! I hate to think of the cost of bespoke vegan cat food and daily supplements. Also how do people successfully change a cats diet to something so drastically different? If a cat was brought up on a meat diet surely they'll flatly refuse to eat anything else? I have enough trouble changing food brands or even serving it in a different bowl! I'd be interested to see what long term research has been done and how cats of different breeds, ages and health are affected. Kittens born to mothers subjected to this dietry change must be affected in terms of birth weight, resistance to illness and life expectancy. In the meantime I'll keep reading and continue to be amazed at what's out there! We've had cat veganism so when will I see the YouTube offshoot aimed at cats and their owners called MewTube? There's enough cat videos out there so hopefully not too long!
Cats are obligate carnivores. They NEED animal protein more than any other species. Dogs are omnivores. Cats are carnivores. One should NEVER try to change their diet based on their own ethical/health/personal preferences!!! There is no such thing as a healthy vegan or vegetarian diet for cats. Anyone who tries to do this to cats should be arrested, charged, prosecuted and imprisoned for animal cruelty and neglect.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
kittens mom sorry to read about your loss. I've had some dubious advice from vets over the years and try to triple check everything as best I can. My mums Burmese Kali died after giving birth to four kittens. The vets advice was to euthanise them. Mum was having none of that and successfully hand reared all four. This was in 1981 and the vet is still practicing now. All four cats lives to between 19-21 years old and the one we kept had a bond with mum that was unlike anything I've ever seen. I know veterinary science has progressed since then and and that how health professionals in every field have improved their interpersonal skills but it can't hurt to double or triple check the facts when faced with such a final diagnosis. I hope things get better
There are few ways to check. Unless they've actually been pilloried by the SVB consumers are out of the loop.

Gaven Kent

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cheap cat and dog food is the reason a great deal shelter pets are alive.
Exactly. I just object to the way the article tries to frighten us into thinking that what we feed them is wrong. It left me feeling that how I care for my cats is wrong and not good enough. Like millions of others I give them the best life I possibly can with the resources I have. Through all the financial difficulties we've had over the years the only thing that has never changed is what we spend on our cats food, insurance, medical care and the other luxuries that they love like underfloor heating in the conservatory and a variety of mouse toys. And the illicit treats like wafer thin honeyroast ham and the giant prawns in my Chinese takeaway special fried rice!

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Exactly. I just object to the way the article tries to frighten us into thinking that what we feed them is wrong. It left me feeling that how I care for my cats is wrong and not good enough. Like millions of others I give them the best life I possibly can with the resources I have. Through all the financial difficulties we've had over the years the only thing that has never changed is what we spend on our cats food, insurance, medical care and the other luxuries that they love like underfloor heating in the conservatory and a variety of mouse toys. And the illicit treats like wafer thin honeyroast ham and the giant prawns in my Chinese takeaway special fried rice!
Treats like temptations are meant as that treats. On the other hand ask someone with an ailing cat that will eat nothing else how they feel about temptations. Cat food shaming , in fact pet food, vet care anything pet shaming needs to be called out. For many pet owners the cost of a vet and the euthanasia is a burden on their budgets. If all that cat/dog gets for food is the cheapest stuff on the shelf because that's the best they can afford ask the cat/dog if they preferred cheap food, lots of love to an injection and being left to die and then their bodies treated like garbage. OK I know they can't really answer that but as humans we can picture what their choice would be.

Last edited:

Gaven Kent

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Treats like temptations are meant as that treats. On the other hand ask someone with an ailing cat that will eat nothing else how they feel about temptations. Cat food shaming , in fact pet food, vet care anything pet shaming needs to be called out. For many pet owners the cost of a vet and the euthanasia is a burden on their budges. If all that cat/dog gets for food is the cheapest stuff on the shelf because that's the best they can afford ask the cat/dog if they preferred cheap food, lots of love to an injection and being left to die and then their bodies treated like garbage. OK I know they can't really answer that but as humans we can picture what their choice would be.[/QUOTE
Not to meantion the emotional state of a grieving owner.
Ive just read this article:
Euthanasia: The Compassionate Option
I'm not quite sure what part of this qualifies as ethical.

Gaven Kent

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cats are obligate carnivores. They NEED animal protein more than any other species. Dogs are omnivores. Cats are carnivores. One should NEVER try to change their diet based on their own ethical/health/personal preferences!!! There is no such thing as a healthy vegan or vegetarian diet for cats. Anyone who tries to do this to cats should be arrested, charged, prosecuted and imprisoned for animal cruelty and neglect.
It's as cruel and ridiculous as the morons that did this:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...like-Hitler-recovered-despite-losing-eye.html

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Not to meantion the emotional state of a grieving owner.
Most people I call friend put their animals ahead of their own needs. I've been on boards where the cat owner couldn't afford the cremation
Ive just read this article:
Euthanasia: The Compassionate Option
I'm not quite sure what part of this qualifies as ethical.
PETA has an agenda and anything the write is like a religious doctrine trying to suck you in. I tend to avoid any literature they produce.

Gaven Kent

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Most people I call friend put their animals ahead of their own needs. I've been on boards where the cat owner couldn't afford the cremation

PETA has an agenda and anything the write is like a religious doctrine trying to suck you in. I tend to avoid any literature they produce.
I suppose it keeps the big donations coming in. Does their founder really earn $40k a year?