Mackerel has Acute Renal Failure

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jalindal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone, I xposted this here: http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...73#post3022773 for the new information and new questions. But I thought I'd post this again on this thread in case anyone's watching this thread.

Unfortunately Mackerel's new blood test this morning shows that just about everything is worse. She's severely anaemic, and her kidney function is going downhill. She's not eating anymore, either.

My friend K (who's a vet nurse at the new practice I took Mackers to.) says that I can bring her home this afternoon and take her back to the vet when it's... time.

I'll have a word with the vet, see what he says about timeline and stuff. I really don't want to leave it too late, because I couldn't stand it if Mackerel suffered. Does anyone know the symptoms of a cat dying from ARF? Whether it's painful?

What I'd really like to do is to have Mackerel PTS at home with me, and I'm hoping that I can ask my friend K if she could administer the shot. What do you guys think? Would a vet nurse be allowed to do that? Is it selfish of me to ask my friend to do that for us?

Sorry for all the questions, guys. You've all sort of become my guiding light for this type of thing. I'd just like to say as well that everyone who's been asking questions about how she is and giving advice and vibes through this whole thing... you guys are really wonderful. I appreciate it, and if Mackerel knew that she had so many friends all over the world wishing her well I'm sure she'd be touched.