LOST Fans?

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

Wow...

You're good
This is by far the best "theory" explaination I've read yet. I have to show my wife this one.
That is pretty good.
Did you come up with that yourself?

deelovely79

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, but only recently after learning about Juliet and the experiments and now with the plane being found. It started to make sense that if the they could do all that then they really did "recruit" all of those people and interfere in their lives to get them on the plane. I still have unresolved questions

1) How did they do their research and come up with the people they selected?

2) The French lady? Did her plane fall on the island by accident and since Dharma was already there (the instruction video was in black in white, Dharma's been doing this for a while) they kidnapped her baby? Why didn't they take her too?

3) How much does Ben know? Is he calling the shots or is he a prisoner himself because of something Dharma has on him?

4) What's really up with Dharma's parent company? You have to have serious cooperation from several governments to do what they've done? How are those governments benefiting (military and scientific technology)?

5) What do the other "Others" do?

tiffanyl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

Obviously, someone or something picked these particular people to be on the same plane at the same time, and it's obvious to me, that the plane was forcibly crashed, just so these people would all be there together.
I agree with this, however, how could they have possibly known that all of these people would have survived this horrible crash?

deelovely79

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TiffanyL

I agree with this, however, how could they have possibly known that all of these people would have survived this horrible crash?
They didn't and that's part of the gamble. Over half of the people on the plane did die as a result of the crash and quite a few have died due to events on the island. I guess my biggest question is what are the "Others" waiting for? They've got a good guess as to who's on the island, if they have weapons, how dangerous they are so it's time for them to what ever it is Dharma has them there to do.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, but if they have this much control over things, they may have planned who was going to die from the crash and who wasn't, and accounted for the deaths of those who were offed by "accidents". Don't forget, the island is also apparently a healing entity, with some sort of conciousness itself, so..I'm not really sure if that's controlled by the others, dharma, or none of the above, but the others certainly have had time to learn its tricks, as would dharma, I think.

Obviously the others have quite a bit of manipulative power, on the island and elsewhere, given that they had Julliete's husband run over by a bus.. I would guess that they only controlled the ones that they needed to be on that plane, and left the others to chance. Dunno.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe they need the DNA of all the people they brought to the island. The babies would play into that at well....

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

How did he ruin the finale? It hasn't happened yet.
She told me a huge spoiler about the end of this season- I won't repeat it here as that would be unfair and it will upset a lot of fans

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Interesting that there's a comparison to Heroes on that... to me Heroes is much less... unknown.. there's a reason that you understand for things being a little odd, the only thing, which I'd say is true of any good series, is that you don't know what's going to happen, but you understand why things are somewhat off with Heroes. There's just no real understanding of the situation on Lost. Doesn't mean that it's not good, though... I watch both, obviously.

I just thought it was funny that they compared strangeness between the two shows.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
any thoughts on tonights show? WTH is up with Jacob? How the heck can they explain that. Noooo I didn't want John Locke to die! I guess we know what Roussou was up to with the dynamite. Also how old is that one other? The one that young Ben met in the woods. Yikes my head hurts from this epi.

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maddensmom

Did anyone see "Kate" on Jimmy Kimmel??

She said there was going to be THREE MORE YEARS!!!

Here's the scoop: http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/0...eut/index.html

I don't see how they are going to draw this out for 48 more episodes!
Actually, it shouldn't be that hard. The problem now was that nobody knew when the show would end, so the writers were in quite a pickle. They couldn't reveal too much, since if they told us that everyone on the island is in purgatory (example), what can they possibly write about for the next 5 seasons, if that's how long the show eventually ran for. Yet, on the other hand, this forced the writers to really string things along, which irritated Lost fans worldwide. At least now the writers have an actual timeline and can schedule what facts and hints and shockers to put into the show in certain weeks. I have a good feeling that the rest of the series will be going along at a much more consistant, steady pace than recently.

By the way, anybody catch that flash of Jacob in the chair? I missed it when it aired, but someone on another forum posted a screencap:

Some people are theorizing that it's Alvar Fonso, though I personally think that it's somebody who was on the shipwreck of the Black Rock. His clothes look very old fashioned, from the 1700s or 1800s, plus he has a short ponytail. But that's just me, and it's hard to tell anything from the flashback (everyone has tried lightning it and darkening it, but the Lost crew did a good job in hiding this guy, lol)

I don't think Locke is going to die (he's too much of a central figure, but then again, so were Shannon and Boone). It does look bad for him, though. Off in the middle of nowhere, he told Sawyer that he was going to go on "his own path" from now on, he's in a pit of corpses that nobody has come across yet. But on the other hand, the bite wound on Locke's hand healed really fast, and his broken back healed when they crashed on the island, so maybe his gunshot wound will heal by itself too. Hmmm, theories, theories!

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Aussie_Dog

Actually, it shouldn't be that hard. The problem now was that nobody knew when the show would end, so the writers were in quite a pickle. They couldn't reveal too much, since if they told us that everyone on the island is in purgatory (example), what can they possibly write about for the next 5 seasons, if that's how long the show eventually ran for. Yet, on the other hand, this forced the writers to really string things along, which irritated Lost fans worldwide. At least now the writers have an actual timeline and can schedule what facts and hints and shockers to put into the show in certain weeks. I have a good feeling that the rest of the series will be going along at a much more consistant, steady pace than recently.

By the way, anybody catch that flash of Jacob in the chair? I missed it when it aired, but someone on another forum posted a screencap:

Some people are theorizing that it's Alvar Fonso, though I personally think that it's somebody who was on the shipwreck of the Black Rock. His clothes look very old fashioned, from the 1700s or 1800s, plus he has a short ponytail. But that's just me, and it's hard to tell anything from the flashback (everyone has tried lightning it and darkening it, but the Lost crew did a good job in hiding this guy, lol)

I don't think Locke is going to die (he's too much of a central figure, but then again, so were Shannon and Boone). It does look bad for him, though. Off in the middle of nowhere, he told Sawyer that he was going to go on "his own path" from now on, he's in a pit of corpses that nobody has come across yet. But on the other hand, the bite wound on Locke's hand healed really fast, and his broken back healed when they crashed on the island, so maybe his gunshot wound will heal by itself too. Hmmm, theories, theories!
WTH??? I didn't see that at all...I saw NO ONE in the chair...wow.. I wish I hadn't deleted it so I can go back and look. But you know who I think that is, remember the guy that Ben saw as a child in the woods? I think, and thought it at the time, that he's Jacob.

I wouldnt' call Shannon and Boone as much of a central figure as Locke...it's like if Claire died...meh..
I like your theory on his gunshot wound...I hadn't thought of that.

Ben is a psycho to me now after seeing what he did to everyone at the Dharma Initiative. It kind of explains why he is bothered with the people who crashed on the island. He wants a power trip, and wants this perfect little world for himself that he created where he is the ruler. That's how I see it.

*edit* I guess I didn't delete it off my DVR...I watched it again and I still didn't see anything *lol* How do people catch these things? Either that or it's fake.

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

WTH??? I didn't see that at all...I saw NO ONE in the chair...wow.. I wish I hadn't deleted it so I can go back and look. But you know who I think that is, remember the guy that Ben saw as a child in the woods? I think, and thought it at the time, that he's Jacob.

*edit* I guess I didn't delete it off my DVR...I watched it again and I still didn't see anything *lol* How do people catch these things? Either that or it's fake.
I saw the guy in the chair- it was only for a second so it's really easy to miss.

I am still in SHOCK from last nite's episode. Didn't see most of it coming! What's NEXT? I can't wait for next episode- looks like losties will be going to war with the others.

I HATE Judith and now really dislike Jack. He's an A**.
He didn't bother to tell others about what the Others were going to do YET?! He's on a power trip himself!

WHY in the world would Kate tell Jack about the other lady- she's DUMB for doing that.

HOPE nothing happens to Hurley, Sayid, Sawyer, Charlie and Claire....

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pamela

I saw the guy in the chair- it was only for a second so it's really easy to miss.

I am still in SHOCK from last nite's episode. Didn't see most of it coming! What's NEXT? I can't wait for next episode- looks like losties will be going to war with the others.

I HATE Judith and now really dislike Jack. He's an A**.
He didn't bother to tell others about what the Others were going to do YET?! He's on a power trip himself!

WHY in the world would Kate tell Jack about the other lady- she's DUMB for doing that.

HOPE nothing happens to Hurley, Sayid, Sawyer, Charlie and Claire....
I'll have to watch it again. At what point is it? Before Jacob says "Help Me" or when he starts going nuts after Locke turns on the flashlight?....

I'm going to go watch again *lol*

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'll have to watch it again. At what point is it? Before Jacob says "Help Me" or when he starts going nuts after Locke turns on the flashlight?....

I'm going to go watch again *lol*
I THINK after Locke heard "Help me" but I can't be sure... Watch very carefully the whole time that Locke is in that shed (if that's what you can call it!)

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
****HUGE FAVOR NEEDED- CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT DESMOND WAS SAYING TO CHARLIE IN THE FIRST PART?? *** I'm deaf and previews are NEVER closed captioned.

http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/ - click on the first movieclip on the left showing Charlie's face..

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pamela

****HUGE FAVOR NEEDED- CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT DESMOND WAS SAYING TO CHARLIE IN THE FIRST PART?? *** I'm deaf and previews are NEVER closed captioned.

http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/ - click on the first movieclip on the left showing Charlie's face..
He's telling Charlie that "this time" he'll have to die!

I just watched the end this morning... I really hope Locke isn't dead... his story was getting so interesting. I'm still torn on Juliet... I'm waiting for the final conflict with baited breath now though!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a video in slow motion at youtube about this. I just watched it. It's just after Ben is thrown into the wall and before he glances at Locke.

ETA: I just skimmed the abc vidoe and found the clip at 31:54. Creepy

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

There is a video in slow motion at youtube about this. I just watched it. It's just after Ben is thrown into the wall and before he glances at Locke.

ETA: I just skimmed the abc vidoe and found the clip at 31:54. Creepy
I eventually found it on my DVR. It is really easy to miss. I found the YouTube video too. I looked at this one:
The only thing I don't agree with is the part that points out "Jacobs Eye". I think it's Ben, not Jacob.