List your freebies!

miao_kitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OMG this is almost too good to be true. I just glanced at that site sagemommy.com and saw the kinds of stuff you can get for free. Just the thought of getting free stuff is exciting for me. I love free stuff (and i totally can use it right now being an uber-broke Grad Student hehe)

miao_kitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

As is the case with my 6 lb. bag of Felidae that no one....not one of the 6 housecats, 7 farm cats, 6 ferals/strays, or 2 foster kittens will eat!
wow...that's a tough crowd. it would seem that felidae doesn't appeal to cats, but i can't believe that cuz that's one food my cat LOVES ;-)

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have several samples coming ....
... some will be given to the shelter as I also got dog samples that Gigi cant have

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just emailed a bunch of companies today, and a couple yesterday. I've already heard from Fromms that they're sending me samples.

I got these from a "Healthy Pet Food" Event I went to last weekend (there weren't many companies represented):

The Pet Pantry (the cans are Evangers)

Wellness (plus one other can, which I had already feed them)

Natura

These are from the mail:

Breeder's Choice

Zukes

Catswell

I love getting freebies in the mail!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
About the Avoderm. I looked at the ingredients and stuff and I noticed it has 4% ash(if I remember correctly)! Isn't that bad? I read somewhere that cats shouldn't have more than 2% ash, otherwise it can cause UTI. Is that true?

Also, don't forget, there are coupons on the backs of the Avoderm baggies.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TortieBaby

About the Avoderm. I looked at the ingredients and stuff and I noticed it has 4% ash(if I remember correctly)! Isn't that bad? I read somewhere that cats shouldn't have more than 2% ash, otherwise it can cause UTI. Is that true?

Truthfully, I'm not that impressed with the Avoderm ingredients in general (ground yellow corn, corn gluten meal, ground whole wheat...) Debating on whether I should offer them a sample or not. Even if they do like it, it would just be an occasional treat for them, I think.

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

First of all, thank you TortieBaby for a great thread. I've contacted several companies and should be receiving samples and coupons. Of course it always takes longer for mail to reach Hawaii.
I'll remember to look for the coupons when I receive my samples from Avoderm. Thanks for the hint.

Regarding ash in cat food- the current thinking is that it is low magnesium that is important in preventing UTIs and crystals. Ash is a combination of magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, sodium, potassium and manganese. A certain amount of ash is necessary in the diet. Here's a good article regarding FLUTD that explains ash and magnesium.
http://www.peteducation.com/article....articleid=2729

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I heard from Avoderm ... there stuff is Premium but Not something I would likely use full time but ...

Ash is is the amount of total minerals... MOST foods now are in the safe total level... I try to avoid ASH over 7%...2% would likely not sustain a cat

Originally Posted by Jean44

First of all, thank you TortieBaby for a great thread. I've contacted several companies and should be receiving samples and coupons. Of course it always takes longer for mail to reach Hawaii.
I'll remember to look for the coupons when I receive my samples from Avoderm. Thanks for the hint.

Regarding ash in cat food- the current thinking is that it is low magnesium that is important in preventing UTIs and crystals. Ash is a combination of magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, sodium, potassium and manganese. A certain amount of ash is necessary in the diet. Here's a good article regarding FLUTD that explains ash and magnesium.
http://www.peteducation.com/article....articleid=2729
This is the thinking .... but realize it applies MOSTLY to DRY food not to wet which has different %anges

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just opened one of those little packages of Happy Hips Beef Liver. Predictably, Cindy wasn't interested. Swanie, on the other hand, went absolutely bonkers. I've never seen him go so nuts over a treat as this one (and he loves his treats). He was trying to grab the package out of my hand

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This has to be me favoritest (haha) post EVER!

I emailed a ton of companies, one so far said they don't have samples but they are sending out coupons!

Whats better than FREE cat food? Ask any cat-Nothing!

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I received samples of canned food, dry food and treats from Organix. I also received coupons from Organix. Wellness, Innova and Newmans Own. I already tried the Organix treats. All the cats liked them, although each cat only got 2-3 pieces.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a few more yesterday!

Castor & Pollux

Greenies... I asked for both dog & cat but only got cat, that's ok though

And Chicken Soup minus one package that my dog got this morning

kittylover77

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My first freebies!!

PetGuard

Castor & Pollux

Avoderm

Hopefully more are on their way.

kittylover77

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
bnwalker2,

WOW! That is a huge sample. I unfortunately haven't heard from Evanger's.
Their food is tough to find locally, and I noticed if the company doesn't have a presence in the area, they do not send samples.

I wonder if the amount of samples they send, depends on how you word your email.

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Today I got samples from 5 companies, coupons from 3 in the mail, and 1 sample came Fed Ex. Sototal count, 6 samples, 3 coupons(plus coupons from the samples too.)

Samples

Nature's Logic - 1 Natural Chicken Meal, 1 Natural Rabbit Meal and
1 Natural Duck & Salmon

Natural Balance - 2 Chicken and Duck, regular flavor

Back to Basics - 1 Chicken

Nupro - 2 Health Nuggets, 2 All Natural Supplement

Feline Greenies- 1 sample size of treats

Zuke's - 2 Naturals Purrz(1 chicken, 1 salmon), 2 Hip Action(1 chicken, 1 salmon)

Coupons

Nature's Logic - $1 off any 3.3lb or 4.4lb Dry and $2 off any 7.7lb or 26.4lb dry

Feline Greenie's - $1 off any 3oz package

Purina - 1 free bag of dry up to 4.5lbs, 2 $1 off any food up to 4.5lbs or treat up to 72oz.

Newman's Own - 2 $2 off any dry food, 2 $1 off any canned food or treats

Eova - 1 #5 off any size bag or case of cans, 1 $3 off any size bag or case of cans

So far it has been worth it. I sent out about 50 e-mails and about 85 percent said they would send smaples and the rest said they would send coupons. So now I must wait again. Karmas was so excited. It was like Christmas and her birthday all rolled into one. She has had the Zukes treats, chicken flavor already and goes nuts for them. I know I will buy them in the future.

Thank you Tortiebaby for the links and the info. I could not be happier.

kittylover77

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Got some more samples today...

Serengeti/ Wellness

Nature's Logic

Wysong

World's Best Litter/ Royal Canin Coupons