Lily is having emergency surgery, please send prayers

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So happy to hear such a positive set of updates!

Sending more recovery for Lily!!!

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

The night doctor just called and he said she's been eating several times during the night and keeping it down, she's purring and talking (that all sounds like my Lily!).

When we visited last night, she kept burrowing her head in my tummy, she kept telling me she wanted to go home! I told her to keep eating (and pictured it in my mind) and then she could come home, and that's what she did!
What a smart kitty!
Lily is the smartest. Hope she can come home today.

bastetservant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm late to all this too, as I was away. I'm hoping your Lily is home very soon and it's all over.

I have a "Lily" too and I'm going to tell her about this and she'll hope for your Lily, too.

I love the back of cats heads, too. They are just so perfect.

Robin

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We brought Lily home yesterday, BOY was she happy to be home! Sorry to be posting kind of late - it took a while to get her settled in, and I've been following her meds schedule, it's been busy taking care of/watching over her and juggling other kitties and family.

She's been resting a lot, and eating a little bit every time after she gets up to pee (every 4-5 hours). She doesn't even mind the antibiotic which I can smell is banana-flavored, lol. She hasn't had any water yet but all her food is canned right now so that's okay. She's only peed, except overnight there was poop in one of the litterboxes, but wth 2 other cats in the house who knows... I've been cleaning after every use during the day to monitor what is hers and will keep doing that today.

She snuggled with me twice during the night! She LOVES our bed, we just added an gel memory foam mattress topper and it's wonderful, figures she'd find the comfiest spot right away.

She even jumped the 2 feet up onto our bed yesterday but I added a footrest so it's easier for her to climb up.

She's eating, getting loved up, things are good.
Monday we'll worry about the test results we're getting Monday, right now I'm going to enjoy the weekend with my little sweetie.

All of your prayers and good thoughts and vibes really make a huge difference, I know I keep saying thank you probably too many times but I really mean it.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YAY! So glad your sweet Lily
is home and doing well.

Thanks for the happy update.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

What are next steps?
!!!!!!
Pretty much waiting for the lab results, in the meantime she's on antibiotics and I have meds to stimulate her appetite but they haven't been needed. Hopefully the lab results will tell us it was a fluke and she will just continue to heal.

I'll post an update on Monday when we get the results, otherwise Lily's doing good and getting lots of love this weekend!

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
guess she didn't eat any rubber bands or dental floss - it was ?? something bacterial or ??

Hugs to you both!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GloriaJH

guess she didn't eat any rubber bands or dental floss - it was ?? something bacterial or ??
There was no obstruction when they did the exploratory surgery, but it is possible there was one that she managed to eventually pass, and it could have been there a while and irritated the area. Other possibilities we've been told are cancer, FIP, and another good-case scenario was added that it might be "irritated bowel something" that can be cleared up with antibiotics.

The surgery and the blood work didn't really tell us what happened or what's wrong, but the lab results will.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure how I missed this thread until now! Sending lots and lots of prayers and vibes that way!!

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
SO glad Lily is home and doing well! Will keep sending those positive that the lab results come back good.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Glad she's doing so well. Continued for good results on the lab work.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so happy to hear Lily is doing well at home and I pray you will get very good lab results on Monday. We are all rooting for Lily here and hope to hear very good news on Monday.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm very glad that she's home! I hope she continues to recover well. Looking forward to some answers when they figure out what happened.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lily is a very special girl with members from around the world sending her love, powerful TCS vibes and prayers for excellent lab results.

Lily ...