Letting your cat sleep in your bed

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried to keep Phenom out of the bedrrom at night and was unsuccessful. We let her in and now she is an angel at bed time. Try letting her in with you. The first few nights will probably be bad but after that it should be fine.

miamispartan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tigger only sleeps inside when the weather does not permit her to sleep in the inclosed patio. She'll usually jump into bed with us for about 5-6 hours during the night. She has to be on my side of the bed touching me, if not laying on my chest. She moves if I do, so I don't worry too much about it any more. I did at first, tho...
I actually enjoy having her there.

casa de gato

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Charlie & tommy love sleeping on the bed with us and Jade also likes to sleep at our feet.

Jade is an accomplished bed sleeper and has been know to cling on with her claws to avoid getting thrown off (don't ask when that happens)

We have a water bed and this is heated so there is an added attraction as far as they are concerned, day & night.

I just love having them there with us

pui hang

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

I tried to keep Phenom out of the bedrrom at night and was unsuccessful. We let her in and now she is an angel at bed time. Try letting her in with you. The first few nights will probably be bad but after that it should be fine.
Sorry, I just have to go off topic briefly to say Phenom is gorgeous!
And I love your quote as well, it made me laugh!

wade1972

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I basically have no choice on the matter...they jump on no matter what I do or say, especially his majesty Murphy who must get his way no matter what. If I don't like it, then tough, I can go sleep somewhere else.

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Wade1972

I basically have no choice on the matter...they jump on no matter what I do or say, especially his majesty Murphy who must get his way no matter what. If I don't like it, then tough, I can go sleep somewhere else.
exactly right...at least in my Lucky's opinion. It's not really my bed anymore....they just occasionally let me use it (or at least warm it up for them!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, they both slept in the bed with us last night. I didn't sleep overly well, but I guess it's an adjustment. They were there all night, until I got up at 6:00. Then they both came out for their breakfast.

Thanks for all the reassurances

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Originally Posted by VampireCat

My girls love to sleep on the bed with us.

Jake never really has, he prefers the spare room. But Jaz and Izzy always join us at night.

Izzy stretched out between us, (doesn't do much for your love life
) and Jaz cuddles up to me. I do wake up sometimes to find Jaz wrapped around my head but generally she just lies in my arms.

Fortunately we have a king size so there is plenty of room.
Haha, I know how you feel! Oliver's a mommy's boy and I'm his mommy before I'm Jim's girlfriend according to him - he's actually pushed and kicked Jim out of bed on occasion!! I'm in a studio apartment (ahhhh, college!) and only have a twin daybed, so when Jim sleeps over, out and up comes the trundle bed so the three of us can comfortably make an Oliver sandwich on a Queen sized bed.... nothin like holding hands with your sweetie over the cat while youre sleeping - jeeze, the things I let this animal get away with....

annietucci

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've always let my cats sleep with me... Either on my feet,in my arms, between my husband and I.. sometimes around my head... where ever they like.. they always move.. or leave if we get too restless in the night... I can't fall asleep without them there.... but to each their own.. I worry a lot about them, but not about them sleeping in bed :-)