Let's see some senior kitties!

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have a BUNCH!!! Starting at the top (they didn't load the way I wanted so they would be in order of age.).  1. Savannah Rose (Vannie) 13 years old and a cat with attitude.

2. Poppy, 11 years old - a sweet, shy girl. 3. Spencer, the clown prince of the house who will be 11 in October this year. 4. Boo, who turns 10 in 4 days. He is probably the most mellow cat I have ever had. 5 Loki, our domestic short hair that we lost in October last year to lung cancer. She was 14 and the enforcer of the house. She would break up any potential fights between the others. 6 Monster, so named for her habit as a kitten of climbing my leg when she was hungry. We lost her at 13 years of age. 7. Koko, my first pedigree cat. She was 14 when she crossed the bridge .8. Lily, my Diva. She is 14 and still my cuddle buddy at night. 9.Cisco, my sweet boy. We lost him the CRF when he was 17. He gave the best neck hugs!

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise
This was my hubby's Fuzz cat.  She passed a bit over a month ago, she was 19.  She was a beautiful girl who loved her daddy, she only tolerated me. I miss her so much. She lived her last couple of years in our laundry room due to her mental confusion, she also slowly became incontinent.  She finally got to the point to where when we removed her from the laundry room she absolutely screamed in fear being in a "strange-to-her" environment, although it was the house she lived in all her life.  Because hubby traveled for work at the time, I handled most of her end-of-life care, and it was very hard for me when he made the decision.  RIP Fuzz cat.

Wurp--my old grumpy, territorial dude that you have probably seen me post numerous pics of, he is 12, and he has had a much harder life than Fuzz, so his age is really starting to show on him.  He has lost weight, he isn't near as active, but he will be babied until the day he passes, you can bet on that.  The left pic was about 8 mo to a year ago, and the one on the right is him just the other evening.  Me and that boy have been through a lot together, hellish times and good times.  We are never prepared for them to go.  Don't know what I will do when Wurp goes, Fuzz was hard even though I knew it was definitely her time.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What gorgeous, gorgeous fluffs.  <3 ((((((((^^)))))))) <3 Fly free, sweet Fluff, forever Loved!  and watching over the loved ones here on earth, including sweet Wurp <3 

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
<3 ((((((((^^)))))))) <3 Fly free, beloved beauty ABBY, forever Loved!  We just lost our beloved Rani on 29 June, so we know the keenness of that pain.  

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AWWW, what a beauty.  <3 ((((((((^^)))))))) <3 Fly free, beloved angel BEAR -- watch over your loved ones here until you are reunited in due time!  *Bear reminds me a lot, in appearance, of our beloved Brown Patched Tabby Maine Coon man Sammi, whom we lost in November at age 21.*

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much.  Yes, it is.  In our family, we have a sort of formula we try (and are not always able to follow, especially recently with family and financial changes) to follow when we lose a beloved family member -- we try to plant a beautiful plant, whether on a grave or just in our yard, as a living memorial tribute.  I also do a memory book of photos, which recently has been a combo album because it's physical photos and a lot of place don't sell photo albums any more (and the ones I do find are mostly horrible).  Thirdly, we adopt so that we continue to share the love and give another sweet cat a loving permanent home.  More on this to come.  

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a lovely lady. <3 ((((((((^^)))))))) <3 Flying free, angel Chuck, watching over her loved ones here until you are reunited in due time. 

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise
@betsygee  Oh how sweet!  She is adorable in her harness!  How wonderful you got to take her in after her owner passed.  That is fantastic.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's adorable!  Our beloved Sammi, who passed last November at 21, was 14 when we adopted him from an aged, infirm couple.  Both of them have passed on now, too, so I like to think they are all together, watching over us.