Let's find some positives in all of this.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone logged into Candy Crush for a few games lately? It made me giggle, as soon is it finished loading one of the "pop ups" had this message. "Wash your hands and stay safe!".

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Our local police is dropping off free coffee and donuts to us this Saturday (every month they have a Donuts with Cops program) where we get free coffee and donuts, meet the police officers and ask any questions or voice any concerns we may have. Now with the Coronavirus they'll be taking it door to door and asking we voice concerns on the Next Door app instead.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Better air quality with all of the decreased car and plane traffic... my kitty is showing less signs of her asthma!

Plus, (most of) the birds seems happier and the smaller ones especially are singing and chirping more. The crows, however, and the pigeons and seagulls, are fighting with each other more... literally. There are less people out on the streets to feed them all their little tidbits of food, and they seem hungry. yikes.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's pretty cool.

I actually had a thought today whether we would see more wildlife in urban / suburban areas if places aren't as active with people this spring. Or perhaps, this spring and summer, without as much pollution, if more food will be available to wildlife in the bush so they may not scour our dumpsters and garbage as much...I guess only time will tell.
I'm also curious about the lakes around my province with national parks being closed and people not going boating and fishing as much, if our fish population will increase.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
-The best one is pollution. It's also much nicer to drive when you do need to. Does everyone really need to go in to the office five days a week? I don't think so. I hope this causes a permanent shift for working from home at least a couple of days a week for many companies. I'm personally enjoying working from home everyday. I love being with my cats more. Normally we get to work from home twice a week. But I'm hoping this pandemic encourages my department to consider 3 times a week even after the pandemic is over with.
-Economic rebalance. Things were just getting too crazy and expensive. Everything needs to go down a notch.
-Being more conscientious about health.

syzygycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got to build a cat tree from scratch, spent the past 2 weeks sleeping in, don't have to drive anywhere, and hanging out with 4 cats and my wife all day. I ordered some canvases and paint sets off amazon when this started, been learning to paint. The weather abruptly stopped being cold so we've been able to ride our bikes and even been cooked on the grill outside today(we're vegetarians but the cats got BBQ'ed chicken for the first time). With the 7:00 curfew in place its quite enough to sleep with the windows open.

It sounds awful to say but so far the apocalypse has been like a vacation for me, except my cats got to come along for this one.

And on the much brighter side, we're taking the right steps to curb this thing,and the same steps are preventing regular flu related deaths. Most of the world is getting hit at the very end of flu season (only 15% of the people who get the flu each flu season get it after February, this is worse than the flu, but the timing is on our side)

Last edited:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I cleaned out my wormfarm and had enough so that two friends could start their own. One picked up today and brought me a basil plant. Of course these things go on all the time, but I've had the time to do the worms, and she had time to pot the plant.
And there's a sense of getting back to the basics.:goldstar:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I got to stay home for a few weeks, lol.

I took the dogs out last night and it was absolutely SILENT. Not one sound. Usually on still nights I can hear the interstate 6 miles away even if there's no local traffic. It was kind of weird but also nice.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With all my extra time, I've been catching up on paper work, and now I only have a few hours worth left!!!! I've also been able to REALLY rest while I got over my cold. This cold, although it is lingering, was not too bad, more annoying than anything, and I think my resting and not forcing myself to "push thru" was what helped.

I will be giving myself a nice pedicure at some point this weekend, and will be FINALLY trying out a new nail polish I got FOR CHRISTMAS in my stocking. Lately, all I've been doing is cutting the nails down, but they don't look very pretty...so now I'll have pretty toe nails......with no one to show them off to. :rolleyes2:;)

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And there's a sense of getting back to the basics.:goldstar:
This is actually what I'm most excited about. I've always lived life in the slow lane and have never been one to try and keep up. I find joy in the simple things and I really hope this does teach people to get back to basics and slow down.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The county finally let library staff work from home (or in my case, not work since my job can only be done at the library) and still get paid, so I've been able to settle into my new house and I also will have an extended period of time to recover from overstimulation that has been building for the last year or more.

I also encourage everyone to check out their local library's website for a huge number of available online resources.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I got to stay home for a few weeks, lol.

I took the dogs out last night and it was absolutely SILENT. Not one sound. Usually on still nights I can hear the interstate 6 miles away even if there's no local traffic. It was kind of weird but also nice.
I've been working from home but I wish I had free extra time. We've been actually busier and don't think things will slow down until this thing kinda boils over. We're at the point where if one of us takes an actual vacation day off the rest of us will be crazy swamped again. Which happened when someone took sick day for a couple of days this week. But of course, I'm glad I still have money coming in with a job.