Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For some reason, making a smoothie with bananas, yogurt, milk and nothing else makes something that tastes like banana flavored syrup. (I don't know why.) Making a strawberry smoothie with just strawberries, yogurt, and milk makes something so tart it rivals a lemon. (Again, don't know why.) And that, ladies and gentlemen of TCS, is why there are strawberry  and  banana smoothies. (Got a blender for Christmas.)

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

For some reason, making a smoothie with bananas, yogurt, milk and nothing else makes something that tastes like banana flavored syrup. (I don't know why.) Making a strawberry smoothie with just strawberries, yogurt, and milk makes something so tart it rivals a lemon. (Again, don't know why.) And that, ladies and gentlemen of TCS, is why there are strawberry  and  banana smoothies. (Got a blender for Christmas.)
I never realized that before. Admittedly, I hate bananas unless they are in a strawberry banana smoothie or possibly dancing here on this website. 

Last edited:

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I never realized that before. Admittedly, I hate bananas unless they are in a strawberry banana smoothie or possibly dancing here on this website. 

I like to experiment with food. Since AWM was kind enough to bring home twenty-five pounds of yellow squash, I've been experimenting with making veggie chips! (And have you tried bananas with peanut butter?

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I like to experiment with food. Since AWM was kind enough to bring home twenty-five pounds of yellow squash, I've been experimenting with making veggie chips! (And have you tried bananas with peanut butter?
This is the combination I actually have a huge problem with actually. Peanut butter with banana makes me gag. I have a huge problem with texture of certain food.

Homemade veggie chips sound delicious!

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

This is the combination I actually have a huge problem with actually. Peanut butter with banana makes me gag. I have a huge problem with texture of certain food.

Homemade veggie chips sound delicious!
Sorry to hear it, but I understand. And they're awesome! Just one thing--the website I found said to slice the veggies as thinly as possible before putting them in the dehydrator--but that makes them so thin they stick to the trays and are nearly impossible to get off. 
 You can also make veggie chips in the oven, if you don't have a dehydrator.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Sorry to hear it, but I understand. And they're awesome! Just one thing--the website I found said to slice the veggies as thinly as possible before putting them in the dehydrator--but that makes them so thin they stick to the trays and are nearly impossible to get off. 
 You can also make veggie chips in the oven, if you don't have a dehydrator.
I have heard that before! My aunt has a dehydrator and has the worst time trying to get the chips to stop sticking to trays. It is definitely a frustrating situation!

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have heard that before! My aunt has a dehydrator and has the worst time trying to get the chips to stop sticking to trays. It is definitely a frustrating situation!
I tried using the cooking spray once, but here's the kicker--it dries right on and makes the stuff stick more! Not to mention it's such a pain to clean afterwards...

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been experimenting with cat food placement in the house. Instead of feeding them all together in the same room, I'm putting their bowls in separate rooms and on each floor of the house. I've noticed that they are more active during the day, visiting the food bowls to see which one has food. Autumn, who spent most of her day, upstairs, is now everywhere. So far, it's working to give them more exercise.

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey! I just noticed I'm now an adult cat! Woot woot! I'm sooooooo excited! Time for a celebration! I'm going to have another cup of coffee. :hobbes:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Happy Kids & Pets Day everyone! I'm here to remind you, just in case you forgot all about this major holiday 
 We have a brand new article on the topic, in honor of the day. Please read and share today - thank you!

[article="33359"]Should I Get A Kitten As A Gift For My Kids​[/article]  
Hey! I just noticed I'm now an adult cat! Woot woot! I'm sooooooo excited! Time for a celebration! I'm going to have another cup of coffee.
Congratulations on becoming an adult cat! I hope you enjoyed your festive coffee 

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Back to work today, so won't get so much time with Sara. That makes me nervous but also need my "out of the house" time. Sorry sweetie, my mom will take good care of you while I'm gone. Subqs, pilling, assist-feeding Sara still on the docket for this morning. I needed my coffee before I started this time.

I wonder if the mess on my car got washed off after all the rain last night. I sure hope so. I parked in a spot in our work building's parking garage where there was some yuck apparently leaking from the ceiling. Made a disgusting-looking mess all over the driver side door and window of my car. I know I always try to park in places where people think no one will park and so they park like jerks, but maybe I need to re-think my strategy. And start looking at the ceiling above parking spots.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I stayed up way too late last night to be getting up at 5am. Unfortunantely, work awaits me and I must go. At least it is pleasant to wake up surrounded by two cats.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know that feeling @NewYork1303. I've been staying up late a lot lately. I have to get up at 5:30 to take my DD to school and then be at work by 6:30. I need to start going to bed at a reasonable time.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We were feeling ambitious at the shelter today, so we scrubbed, disinfected and steam cleaned the entire quarantine section. Around noon I walked outside to ask a co-worker something. After a couple of minutes he asked, "What's with the ferals?" Sixteen of them were lined up at the window of their feeding room watching us very intently. It dawned on me a couple of minutes later that I hadn't dispensed their treats yet! :lol3: How could I have forgotten?

moayad albluwe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
NewYork1303 NewYork1303 kntrygrl256 kntrygrl256 , sleeping problems are the hardest, i used to sleep at 12am and wake up hardly on 7am, then i noticed that sleeping really late after 3am makes waking up on 7am so much easier and i wake up also more energized... seems really strange maybe i must see a doctor [emoji]128514[/emoji].

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We were feeling ambitious at the shelter today, so we scrubbed, disinfected and steam cleaned the entire quarantine section. Around noon I walked outside to ask a co-worker something. After a couple of minutes he asked, "What's with the ferals?" Sixteen of them were lined up at the window of their feeding room watching us very intently. It dawned on me a couple of minutes later that I hadn't dispensed their treats yet!
How could I have forgotten?
Shame on you!  

That would have been an amazing picture. When Lilith wants a snack, she'll follow me into the kitchen, jump up on the table and stare at me until I pay attention.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Shame on you!  :lol3:

That would have been an amazing picture. When Lilith wants a snack, she'll follow me into the kitchen, jump up on the table and stare at me until I pay attention.
These guys have gotten really bad ever since I substituted a grain-free kibble - Wildcat Bhadra, which is 70% fish - for their Dreamies. Even some of the extremely shy ones come inside at treat time.

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What is your weather like today? Does anyone have warm temps and sunshine? I have clouds and 38 degrees. It's starting to affect my mood. Waiting for spring in Northern Michigan!

Status
Not open for further replies.