Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
We have the same thing here. We are a machine shop and welding shop. The management insists on reporting every injury then they harass them. I was one of them. They harassed me for weeks. And it was their fault. They kept me on the same job for 8 months 7 days a week until my arm couldn't take it anymore. They still don't fit the job to the body. I was too short to run the job but told me to figure it out. Yeah I figured it out. My arm and shoulder got complications and I had to have surgery because of their stupidity. I often asked them to alternate me on days off to rest the arm. here it is 9 years later and they still put the same people for weeks. They keep stressing safety first but then when accidents happen we tell them we told you we needed changes.

As far as ducttape-we have guys who duct tape the injury wear gloves all night then go to the urgent care in the morning and say they did it at home. Its not worth the hassle and then they try to run you out of your job even if they screwed up. I see guys all the time putting bandaids on but no one hassles them. That would be harassment and they go overboard with the rules for that as far as I am concerned. We have a lot of men who should not be called a man due to the amount of whining and back stabbing that goes on. I am so glad I don't work on the floor anymore. We had 3 injuries in one day-the same day they had a safety fair. So then we hear about this every morning before shift startup. Lots of corporate mumble jumble. but then the guys bring up legit concerns and the attitude is go back to work and leave the problem solving to the big guys.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Pumpkin face is being stubborn and laying under my truck. She won't come in until 11. I almost got her to come in but Honeybee the trouble maker chased her.

Got to move up Floeys appointment with the vet. I don't like how she is breathing faster. I cringe because they don't have ultrasound and I will need to take her to their sister clinic but even if they find the heart issue treatable this cat does not tolerate meds at all. So for now probably get xray done and go from there. She's got pre heart disease. I can't remember what exactly is going on but they told me that they can't medicate her until she goes into heart failure. Talk about scary.

I still think its the humidity. She's eating ok and walking around outside chewing grass. She's not doing anything different I just noticed her breathing is faster. I really can't wait until someone invents a home ultrasound machine so we can better solve complex health problems. So if I could figure out how to accomplish this then that would solve lots of problems.

Honeybee is bugging me wanting treats. I guess she isn't mad at me anymore for putting the harness on her.
So sorry to hear about Flo and the heavy breathing. I know that this weather is terrible for anyone who has any lung/cardiac issues..Even myself, with asthma....and even with AC it is an issue..

My guess from the atmosphere of the machine shop is that they probably gave him a high and low estimate (so something like 4-6 weeks) and he gave his boss the lowest amount of time. It seems like everyone there is trying to get back to work as soon as they can. The guy literally went to the emergency room the one day and came back the next day for work. The guys don't want to come off as not being tough. They have a first aid kit on the premises but it has a meme sign on it that basically says something along the lines of band aids being for little girls (actual language being harsher than that). The usual solution for cuts is the wrap them in shop rags and duct tape... more manly (and less sanitary) I guess.
That sounds very serious! If he has stitches, he should not be working at all... sounds like it will take a while to heal

Another gray day here, cool and very humid. One of the worst kinds of weather, for me. I would prefer rain over this.

Gotta hit the gym, do an errand, write out some bills, and that will be it for the day, I think...who knows, I will probably find something else to do...oh yeah, forgot tor refill a prescription. Found out this morning that I only have a couple BP pills left!!!! crazy mind of mine!!

Artie cleaned himself out yesterday the day before and again today. He is eating a bit better. I know he is getting tired of the same food every day. Because he is on a limited, novel protein diet; I sometimes give him a can of tuna. Sometimes that just mixes things up a bit. 

Yesterday, I opened up a can of Pride Tuna. It is mixed with pork, so it is not completely fish. He loved it!! I mixed leftover scraps with his regular Pride Rabbit, and he licked the dish!! 

Finger crossed that this works. I did break down and give him the extra dose of cisapride. He needed to get cleaned out. I am hoping that now we can slowly wean him down... but no gas yet...surprising.

He did leave a smear on my pillow, yesterday morning.

Artie comes on my pillow around 4AM. Then when I move or turn, he will walk over to the chair and sleep until I get up... 

AS I am thinking about it, I think last night he crawled onto my pillow for a few minutes, then wanted to cuddle in front of me (I was on my side); then he walked over to the chair, where I found him when I awoke. 

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will have to try some of that Pride food. Is it pate style? I really need to get a small chopper to puree it. Flo ate out of my hand several times last night but I think its the heart disease. She didn't even want to go out this morning but I was running the vacuum cleaner. That always spooks her. I carried her into another room to get her away from the noise. That could be why she didn't want to go out. She HATES the vacuum. The other cats would ride on the head if they could. honeybee comes right up and sniffs it.

Floey didn't seem interested in her food this morning but I added extra water to it. I also made extra food for her last night-the juice was licked up and her kibble dish was empty. I only give her 1/2 cup a day but now with the wonkiness weather I think I will let her eat as much as she wants. She was 15lbs and now on the lower end of 13. The vet wants her to stay where she is at if we cant get her to loose weight. Flo has that older kitty look where she looks like she has lost some mass on her hips. I have had her for 14 years. we don't know her age. They guessed her at 3 years old so she COULD be 15 or 17? She still catches mice and moles. She is very independent. I cant get her to take Pepcid for her early kidney disease. she will not allow anyone to open her mouth. I will see if the vet can pill her. the injections are very expensive. She allows bloodwork no problem. she allows the groomer to groom her with some fuss.

I got her an apt for tues. its the earliest they had unless she starts panting or getting worse then they said to call. for now she is stable. I know eventually we will come to the end of the road I just hope she gets one more maine vacation before she goes to the Bridge. That is in August.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Does it drive anyone else nuts when someone says that they're there for you when you need them and to just ask and they will help and all that but when you do need them and ask, they flat out refuse to help in any way? Just had one of those

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LTS3-Sorry someone has let you down. It's hard for me to tell if someone is being sincere or if they are BS me. Most of the time I just ignore their offers of help. Usually help comes with a price. And some people hold it over the head forever. I hope you can figure out how to resolve the issue without too much help. I tend to be a loner. I am stubborn and will roll my rock up the hill by myself no matter how hard I have to push. Its hard for me to accept help from other people. Hats off for those who know how to ask for help when you need it. That's one thing I was never good at. LTS3 sorry you having a frustrating day. I hope the work situation calmed down. Did you guys get all the stuff moved?

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise

Does it drive anyone else nuts when someone says that they're there for you when you need them and to just ask and they will help and all that but when you do need them and ask, they flat out refuse to help in any way? Just had one of those
It has nearly driven me off the edge a few times. In fact it led to a real housecleaning or real life friends and some family members. All of them someone's who I had went out of my way both in time and money over the years to help. 

LTS3-Sorry someone has let you down. It's hard for me to tell if someone is being sincere or if they are BS me. Most of the time I just ignore their offers of help. Usually help comes with a price. And some people hold it over the head forever. I hope you can figure out how to resolve the issue without too much help. I tend to be a loner. I am stubborn and will roll my rock up the hill by myself no matter how hard I have to push. Its hard for me to accept help from other people. Hats off for those who know how to ask for help when you need it. That's one thing I was never good at. LTS3 sorry you having a frustrating day. I hope the work situation calmed down. Did you guys get all the stuff moved?
You sound so much like me. I am loath to take help from anyone. I have never held helping someone over their head. I have reached a level of knowing that the person I am helping/helped is just using me and would likely never return in like. Or even make the offer. Still I would rather be the person who was willing to help than be the one that simply uses people for their own gain. It's not profitable but I can live in my own skin.

Last edited:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kittens mom-I know that will be something I will need to do eventually. For now I just ignore them. They stopped asking me for help. I should ask them to help me with bills but I know it will go over like a fart in church. Maybe I should do it anyways. Nothing like doing something stupid to push them away but sometimes I don't think they are worth my time. There are people I call scammers. They always plotting how to get money. One year I got a phone call asking for help to buy oil. I offered to pay for the oil-asked for the name of the company and you never believe what was said. I was told I was judging them and how dare I ask. I responded with disconnect your cell phone and cable and I will pay the oil. They didn't talk to me for a long time. They sometimes try to fish for information about my life. I give as little info as possible. This same person spreads lies about me to anyone new in their lives. I don't care anymore. I already planning on making other plans for the holidays in December. I am torn because I get along with everyone but this one person always is rude to my other family member and anyone they don't like who comes over. Talk about not feeling welcome. I called them out on it in March and they said I am always welcome. Bullcrap. They were not going to tell me about their family get together. It was my other family member who told me about it otherwise I wouldn't have known anything about it. Since then I stay off Facebook and hide posts from those individuals. If I don't see it-I can't get upset right?

This is the same person who didn't tell me about a death of their animals. Ones they have had for years. I had to find out by reading it on facebook. So then I realized we will never be close and they will never reach out to me. So it hurts. I am still angry about it. But I can't change them. They said they need constant contact. I said I am not like that. I didn't want to be always calling on the phone. I guess that was my first mistake. So since then its always been a big divide between us. I guess I am too independent and this same person says I am needy. They said I am always asking for reassurance. I never noticed that. I just research whatever the problem is and find an answer by asking qualified people. If that makes me needy so be it. Now I know why I like being ALONE.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

Kittens mom-I know that will be something I will need to do eventually. For now I just ignore them. They stopped asking me for help. I should ask them to help me with bills but I know it will go over like a fart in church. Maybe I should do it anyways. Nothing like doing something stupid to push them away but sometimes I don't think they are worth my time. There are people I call scammers. They always plotting how to get money. One year I got a phone call asking for help to buy oil. I offered to pay for the oil-asked for the name of the company and you never believe what was said. I was told I was judging them and how dare I ask. I responded with disconnect your cell phone and cable and I will pay the oil. They didn't talk to me for a long time. They sometimes try to fish for information about my life. I give as little info as possible. This same person spreads lies about me to anyone new in their lives. I don't care anymore. I already planning on making other plans for the holidays in December. I am torn because I get along with everyone but this one person always is rude to my other family member and anyone they don't like who comes over. Talk about not feeling welcome. I called them out on it in March and they said I am always welcome. Bullcrap. They were not going to tell me about their family get together. It was my other family member who told me about it otherwise I wouldn't have known anything about it. Since then I stay off Facebook and hide posts from those individuals. If I don't see it-I can't get upset right?

This is the same person who didn't tell me about a death of their animals. Ones they have had for years. I had to find out by reading it on facebook. So then I realized we will never be close and they will never reach out to me. So it hurts. I am still angry about it. But I can't change them. They said they need constant contact. I said I am not like that. I didn't want to be always calling on the phone. I guess that was my first mistake. So since then its always been a big divide between us. I guess I am too independent and this same person says I am needy. They said I am always asking for reassurance. I never noticed that. I just research whatever the problem is and find an answer by asking qualified people. If that makes me needy so be it. Now I know why I like being ALONE.
For as long as I have lived here , almost 25 years I have delighted in a cup of designer coffee on the way out of Albuquerque on the road home. Its on the corner of Tramway and Central and is also a magnet for vagrants and homeless. As you go in to buy your 5 dollar cup of joy which is a once a month treat for me maybe, there is sure to be someone come up and ask for money for food. And every time I have the same reply. I will be happy to buy you a sandwich, shop next door, what would you like. and for all those years the starving person who wanted money would refuse. I had one taker in all those years. Starving kid from Kansas with a blown engine.  I'm sure there's a lesson in all that I haven't quite figured out. I still offer a meal.

I had a massive falling out with my husbands family over their treatment of animals. It took years to get there. But at some point enough is enough. I walked I the house and called AC and the brand inspector. I have not one regret in putting an end to their nonsense.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds very serious! If he has stitches, he should not be working at all... sounds like it will take a while to heal
 These guys are crazy. This guy has his hand wrapped up and in a cast so he absolutely cannot use it. Basically, if he uses it at all, he has a chance of damaging nerves more severely I guess? 

I feel like machine shops and any kind of a shop like this push people too hard. The atmosphere is challenging. The guys last week were making fun of an older guy since he decided to take a few extra days after a surgery. Seriously!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@kittensmom  I know I need to stand up to the family member who keeps bringing in more animals but yet doesn't have money to fix the chimney and other issues. They let their unfixed dogs breed. The pups are gone but they wouldn't answer my question if they gave them away or sold them. More than likely sold them. This is a person who tried to steal $xx,xxx money from an ex partner. This ex took them to court and court sided with ex. Family had to get a second mortgage out. Ever since then I think this person is from the twilight zone. They thought they were entitled to this individuals money even though they split up. Since then its been hard to juggle bills. They kept asking me to give them my vehicle when I wanted to trade it in. I gave a price-very low price and I got nothing but silence. I ended up keeping my vehicle and I told them I have no money for down payment. Its been months since they hinted they need money but whenever the family gets together-I notice more issues not getting fixed and more excuses. Eventually I will have to pony up and just be done with it. I admit I am a coward. I hate confrontation and I feel almost like I have to practice good manners even if I don't agree with things. For now I just ignore them. Its not healthy. I still have to let it go but I haven't quite got there yet.

I think I put my foot in my mouth as this person asked me in June what dates I am going on vacation. I responded in August. And there was a big pause. I don't know what they were waiting on. I never invite them up because I don't have the money to pay for extra people. And honestly I don't know how I feel about an extra 7 people. Its not just one person-it would be oh I brought a friend type of bs plus 4 kids. I don't know if I screwed up. Afterwards I kept thinking about it and maybe I screwed up. You know how everyone goes quiet after you answer a question and you wonder if you should have lied and said you wont be going and go and not tell anyone?

I notice people will say "you can go if you want" and sometimes I don't know if this is said to be nice and offer and the other person says thanks but no or if I should have offered. This is what is so sticky about family. I never know what the rules are and there are two people who talk behind my back and say different things to my face. I hear them talk about other people and I am almost positive they talk about me the same way. I just don't want to deal with anymore BS. If I could just invite that one person and their friend that would be fine. I don't know how I feel about 4 kids and my cats are not used to kids. And they would harass my animals. Maybe I am selfish. They do ask me to join them on day trips but I just prefer my own space. Maybe I have something wrong with me or maybe I just don't feel close to them. And never mind about the animals. I gave them a hard time one winter when I showed up and they had no food for the cats. I started bringing food with me whenever I go but now I realize I am giving in to their BS. I just hate to see any animal go hungry when they have tons of food for themselves. I could go on and on. I should just shut up because now I sound like I am whining. yes I am. Because this isn't how family is supposed to be.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

@kittensmom  I know I need to stand up to the family member who keeps bringing in more animals but yet doesn't have money to fix the chimney and other issues. They let their unfixed dogs breed. The pups are gone but they wouldn't answer my question if they gave them away or sold them. More than likely sold them. This is a person who tried to steal $xx,xxx money from an ex partner. This ex took them to court and court sided with ex. Family had to get a second mortgage out. Ever since then I think this person is from the twilight zone. They thought they were entitled to this individuals money even though they split up. Since then its been hard to juggle bills. They kept asking me to give them my vehicle when I wanted to trade it in. I gave a price-very low price and I got nothing but silence. I ended up keeping my vehicle and I told them I have no money for down payment. Its been months since they hinted they need money but whenever the family gets together-I notice more issues not getting fixed and more excuses. Eventually I will have to pony up and just be done with it. I admit I am a coward. I hate confrontation and I feel almost like I have to practice good manners even if I don't agree with things. For now I just ignore them. Its not healthy. I still have to let it go but I haven't quite got there yet.

I think I put my foot in my mouth as this person asked me in June what dates I am going on vacation. I responded in August. And there was a big pause. I don't know what they were waiting on. I never invite them up because I don't have the money to pay for extra people. And honestly I don't know how I feel about an extra 7 people. Its not just one person-it would be oh I brought a friend type of bs plus 4 kids. I don't know if I screwed up. Afterwards I kept thinking about it and maybe I screwed up. You know how everyone goes quiet after you answer a question and you wonder if you should have lied and said you wont be going and go and not tell anyone?

I notice people will say "you can go if you want" and sometimes I don't know if this is said to be nice and offer and the other person says thanks but no or if I should have offered. This is what is so sticky about family. I never know what the rules are and there are two people who talk behind my back and say different things to my face. I hear them talk about other people and I am almost positive they talk about me the same way. I just don't want to deal with anymore BS. If I could just invite that one person and their friend that would be fine. I don't know how I feel about 4 kids and my cats are not used to kids. And they would harass my animals. Maybe I am selfish. They do ask me to join them on day trips but I just prefer my own space. Maybe I have something wrong with me or maybe I just don't feel close to them. And never mind about the animals. I gave them a hard time one winter when I showed up and they had no food for the cats. I started bringing food with me whenever I go but now I realize I am giving in to their BS. I just hate to see any animal go hungry when they have tons of food for themselves. I could go on and on. I should just shut up because now I sound like I am whining. yes I am. Because this isn't how family is supposed to be.
We must have the same relatives. Lets just say we had a really messy break up. It was good for me and better for my husband to get out of the clutches of personality disorders he called family. They spun him like a top and now he's in control and the BS meter has dropped to near zero. He controls his interaction with them and none of them are allowed to put foot in my home. We ended up having to call the sheriff out twice. It wasn't pretty.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I hope the work situation calmed down. Did you guys get all the stuff moved?
More or less. The person who flipped out earlier this week because she was too busy to fulfill her own request spent at least 3 hours socializing yesterday
Hour long group lunch, some "tea party" later in the afternoon, and then happy hour. So she has time to socialize but no time to fulfill her own request which would take less an hour to do

Some stuff got moved but it's a work in progress. More stuff will slowly move over to the new facility over the next few months. Eventually the new facility will be at full capacity... as well as the current old facility. And no plans to hire additional staff to handle the workload

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm going to go see The Secret Life of Pets today. It looks like its going to be a good movie. :)

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@foxxycat and @kittensmom   I'm sorry you've only seen the bad side of helping people.  When my children were small I would not have survived without my friends' help.  Carpools, watching each others kids, rides for car repairs etc.  When my youngest was born the people at the Co-op Nursery School took it upon themselves to deliver dinners already cooked for the first week (with enough leftovers for lunches) delivered fresh each night.  Friends in my kids classes picked them up and brought them home.  It was a rough first couple of weeks.  Kelvin was born with a heart murmur, DH had the flu (really bad) and my milk didn't come in for a few days.  There were no strings attached and some people I barely knew.   Most of us were in the same boat, no family members in the state or nearby.  I took kids to the dentist, would pick up kids who needed rides home.   I helped run a girl scout and a cub scout troop so my kids and others could participate but the rest of the parents helped out when they could.  I even paid for a couple kids whose families had fallen on hard times or just didn't have the means to go on camping trips and to events.  Our middle school had a line on the field trip permission slips for people to add money so low-income kids in the school could go on the trips.  My neighbors were wonderful.  When we finally sold our house and were moving to California, Kim had started a new semester in community college and many people offered to take her in until she finished it out.  The friend she did stay with didn't want any money for food or rent.  We didn't get a second car until Kelvin was 4 and people would take us with them to parks and movies during the day.  Maybe it was Columbia MD and the thought that it was built to include people and accept them as they were.  Many people moved there for the values and embraced them.  It was a planned community started around 1966.

Family is certainly different than friends.  Some feel entitled to what you have or just expect you to help.  I think some of it is due to the order of birth as well.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it is wonderful that you got all the help you did. Maybe like I said, something wrong with me. I never had a family or desire to have a family. There's a disconnect with me and children. I know that not everyone is a fill in the blank. It just seems the older I get the crankier I get when it comes to drama. I have a saying-I am allergic to BS. That's what I tell all the new guys that come into work. To let them know I don't get involved in he said she said garbage. Nothing drives me more up a wall than two people ticking and moaning at me about each other but they won't face each other and just clear the air. Our family was pretty much just mom and dad. We didn't get together with the rest of the family. Some kind of big blow up so no one talks to each other.

That movie does look interesting. It would be a nice change of pace I think.

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Anyone else out in TCS land having storms today? We've gotten a ton of rain. No flooding though. Yay. My grass will be green again!

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone else out in TCS land having storms today? We've gotten a ton of rain. No flooding though. Yay. My grass will be green again!
It was pouring rain earlier. To the point where Angua decided to come and snuggle with me because it was so loud pounding on the skylights.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
so far just soupy heavy air. its 75ish. Will need to run the ac tonight if my Floey is having a hard time breathing. I miss the low humidity nights of 55 degrees.-that's sleeping weather. Now its just sticky hot. Its supposed to be 65 tonight. too hot. yuck. I wish we got rain. so far it looks like its drissly. I have to pop over to see the forecast.

anyone ever upload videos from your phone to youtube? I have been trying all day to upload a 1 min clip of my cat breathing onto youtube.

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
It is really chilly out there right now.. the high humidity, along with the strong breeze (wind)  is making it feel cold for this time of year.. Kind of like a late August/early September day. 

I was planning on going to Walmart today, but I got a late start to the day. Artie wanted to play a bit..I was so happy to see that. Not long, but so happy, that he was happy...it is the little things. 

@foxxycat   The Pride does not come in a pate. For Artie, I mash it down with a small fork and add a bit of water to it. The water contains the miralax. 

@ all you guys:

I know what it is like to feel alone in a family. I am an only child. It seems that I have dysfunctionality on both sides of the family. The one side I grew up with is all pretty weird--one serious hang up or another. Drinking problems, weird behavior, selfishness, etc... I keep in touch with them, but it is by telephone. I can limit my exposure by doing that. Only about once a month or every few months. 

On the other side is a different story. They were raised by a very dysfunctional, abusive father, and an alcoholic--my paternal uncle. My Aunt never divorced and he was always coming back and forth into all their lives. 

I met them as an adult, perhaps about 20 years ago. I am invited at the 'appropriate, proper"  celebrations, but never feel part of the family. It is as if I am the 'obligatory' person to be invited. That is the only contact I really have with them, except for Facebook. That is how I know what is going on. I never feel the sincerity from them. 

As a matter of fact, I just found out that my cousin is at the dermatologist's office, as we speak, for some kind of procedure--what I do not know. She posted that on Facebook--crazy...I do not feel so bad because her own sister did not know about it either..

When I first met them, I was really elated because I felt as if I would have a real family..but no. I ended up feeling as if I was just invited for the gifts I gave. I spent thousands of dollars on my cousin's kids. They do not keep in touch with me. Even during a family gathering, I do not have any conversation with them. It seems that I am just not into the things they are interested in, and they have absolutely no desire to include me. I gave up on the gifts about 8 years ago. I got smart.  And I stayed away from many family gatherings because I was fed up with feeling like the odd one out.  We are definitely on different paths in life. 

I could go on and on about this, but I will not bore you..

I have come to be a 'loner'. Yes, at many times it is lonely. I guess I feel better being lonely rather than feeling taken advantage of, or of being the 'odd one out'.....

I guess suffice it to say that we all have dysfunction in our families. It just depends on the degree of it..

That is the end of my rant for today...

Status
Not open for further replies.