Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I stopped subscribing to Cat Fancy when it was half as thick with twice as many advertisements and the articles were double type set with less words and they got simplier and simplier. I didn't like the reading level of those articles. I felt they could have done better.

Just looked at the OT for the weekend-looks like someone else will be in for the weekend. although the numbers for our eligibility looks like I am more eligible for Sunday. So for now I have Saturday OFF! It would be nice if they just leave it the way it is with him on both days so it wont mess up my weekends but looks like because this person put in for one day I wont get a whole weekend for about 4 weeks. So stupid. But whatever. I may have to start coming in half an hour early and stay half hour over to at least get 5 hours during the week. So stupid. It was nice when  I could get unlimited overtime. I am just glad I held off on home improvement projects. I will have to push it out to Oct or Nov at this rate. Someone needs to learn to grow a money tree!!
Ask the government. I pretty sure they have a full orchard somewhere. I mean they're getting those baskets of money from somewhere right ?
 HAHAHA!! Yeah I will just KEEP my mouth SHUT on that one. We all know how that works. A single woman with NO kids-pretty much get told too bad so sorry no money to help you with oh and don't forget No tax write offs-sorry that's a sore spot for me. GRRRRRrrrrr!

whatsername85

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm bummed.... I found out last night that Catster / Dogster is eliminating all of the community sections (pet profiles, forum, groups, etc) to become a magazine only web site (digital and print) :( The announcement wasn't even prominently posted on the web site to let all users and guest know. It's hidden away with no direct link from the main page or Contact page or anything. An email was sent out yesterday but from reading one of the groups messages, not everyone received the email.
I never got an email, I just made Sam his own profile too I've used dogster since all my kids were little :( I wanted to do the same with Sammy I'm not a huge social media user I just don't have much to say to Facebook and most of the people that added me didn't actually talk to me it was like they were filling a friend quota. I suppose part of it is most people don't want to hear about my kids although I have nothing against theirs but I just haven't had human kids yet. My fur kids keep me going, I guess I'll save their sites from dogster but man I'm bummed!!

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise

I stopped subscribing to Cat Fancy when it was half as thick with twice as many advertisements and the articles were double type set with less words and they got simplier and simplier. I didn't like the reading level of those articles. I felt they could have done better.

HAHAHA!! Yeah I will just KEEP my mouth SHUT on that one. We all know how that works. A single woman with NO kids-pretty much get told too bad so sorry no money to help you with oh and don't forget No tax write offs-sorry that's a sore spot for me. GRRRRRrrrrr!
We have no children and no mortgage and end up paying taxes every year. We get a small refund only because we pay in a bit extra to make sure things are covered. When my husband broke his leg we were lucky we had accident insurance because no govt. agency was going to qualify us for a dime those 2 months.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just headed over to catster just for the heck of it. You are right-there's no banner or anything indicating it's going away.

Got to talk to another union member about how the so called all equal isn't really all equal as some people get to do what they want while other people don't get that luxury. It's going to be interesting the next contract write up. We have so many problems with people not following the contract then other people make special deals behind other people's backs. This whole situation just makes me chuckle. I COULD use the money but hey if they want to allow another person to work my job AND they don't have to do the work required in here-then why should I care? Its very frustrating when some people can sit their butt in a chair for 16 hours on weekends and refuse to do the work assigned. They don't get written up and the attitude is pretty much telling me to shut up. So fine. I will shut up but next time they get audited on inventory I don't want to hear it that there is no paper trail for cycle counts. Frustrating. But you know what? I don't give a rip anymore. I can only do what I can do and if other people want to screw it up for the rest of us, I know karma will get them.

Kittens mom=YEP I know that song and dance. Just another thing that irritates me. I am irritated due to people stealing my overtime but when I assign work for the weekend I get told to go blank myself and that they don't have to do it. So frustrating.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

I just headed over to catster just for the heck of it. You are right-there's no banner or anything indicating it's going away.

Got to talk to another union member about how the so called all equal isn't really all equal as some people get to do what they want while other people don't get that luxury. It's going to be interesting the next contract write up. We have so many problems with people not following the contract then other people make special deals behind other people's backs. This whole situation just makes me chuckle. I COULD use the money but hey if they want to allow another person to work my job AND they don't have to do the work required in here-then why should I care? Its very frustrating when some people can sit their butt in a chair for 16 hours on weekends and refuse to do the work assigned. They don't get written up and the attitude is pretty much telling me to shut up. So fine. I will shut up but next time they get audited on inventory I don't want to hear it that there is no paper trail for cycle counts. Frustrating. But you know what? I don't give a rip anymore. I can only do what I can do and if other people want to screw it up for the rest of us, I know karma will get them.

Kittens mom=YEP I know that song and dance. Just another thing that irritates me. I am irritated due to people stealing my overtime but when I assign work for the weekend I get told to go blank myself and that they don't have to do it. So frustrating.
I was in your shoes for years. I had to deal with a shift of shiftless lying paperwork fudging screw offs. My boss was yelling at me one evening at shift start I had to make my numbers no matter what. I just pointed at every piece of equipment in my area that was down for cleans and routine maintenance from the last shift. She stomped off to rail at the last shift manager. But nothing ever really changed. Working on govt contracts that paper trail had to be immaculate. They eventually dumbed themselves out of business.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Little Sophie has been trying extra hard to get into DD's room. She's the typical child who wants what she cannot have. It started with her stalking DD. When she heard the door open, she'd try to sneak in. Well, that didn't work. So she came up with a new plan. a few days ago, I heard a VERY plaintive crying near DD's door. Lily is my most vocal cat. Sophie- usually- is not. Who was crying by the door trying to manipulate DD into opening it?? Sophie. I went to check on her and got the stink eye. The "Go AWAY- you're going to ruin my plan" look. 

Her next plan was to go into DD's bathroom and cry in there. DD went to check on her and Sophie tried to sneak in the room. She failed. Her last method was to go into the bathroom and pull on one of the cabinet doors and then let it go, making a thumping sound. She hoped DD would come investigate the noise and leave the door open. What will my devious little girl think of next? 

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

Little Sophie has been trying extra hard to get into DD's room. She's the typical child who wants what she cannot have. It started with her stalking DD. When she heard the door open, she'd try to sneak in. Well, that didn't work. So she came up with a new plan. a few days ago, I heard a VERY plaintive crying near DD's door. Lily is my most vocal cat. Sophie- usually- is not. Who was crying by the door trying to manipulate DD into opening it?? Sophie. I went to check on her and got the stink eye. The "Go AWAY- you're going to ruin my plan" look. 

Her next plan was to go into DD's bathroom and cry in there. DD went to check on her and Sophie tried to sneak in the room. She failed. Her last method was to go into the bathroom and pull on one of the cabinet doors and then let it go, making a thumping sound. She hoped DD would come investigate the noise and leave the door open. What will my devious little girl think of next? 
Sophie is a doll. Her little face reminds me so much of Mercy who is also a bit of a con artist. She'll roll around on the floor doing cute stretchies when she gets in an off limits area. I so cute you should just leave me here.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds like something Honeybee does. This morning she scratches loudly on the rug by the back door. She claws it so it lifts up and slams down. Its her way of telling me mom let me out! She  will keep digging and slapping the rug until I get up. Most of the time I tell her to knock it off. But she just does it again. I don't stop her. She is too cute. Or she runs up on the counters and sits infront of the kitchen sink window meowing her pretty head off. She has these cute little meows that get louder the more ticked off she gets until she is howling at me. Sometimes she swats the window or door as if she can open it. The back door has scratch marks at the corner from her laying on her back and literally prying the door open. You can't help smile at these cuties getting our attention.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I had subscribed to Cat Fancy for years. Then Catster took over and the magazine went downhill. Really unimaginative articles, lots of advertisements, tried and true articles discontinued. I stayed another year and then let the subscription lapse. Let's see how much longer it will last in any form. Truly another case of "if it ain't broke don't fix it".

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There's a Catster group where the announcement was made and members have been expressing disbelief and sadness over the news. It starts on page 98. I know there is a Catster group on FB and some members may find out that way as well as through regular email if they are in contact with others that way.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
just found out that I should not have drilled the hole out of the AC unit. I have to plug the hole but I still need to fix the tilt now. Evidently the water is supposed to collect and get sprayed on the outside coil and drip out. The problem is there is no way to drain this so called water in the fall other than tipping the AC on its side. So I got it to drain but have to plug it up tonight. Such an annoying thing when I let other people fix things but they do it wrong-like the height of the board for leaning the AC at the right angle. So annoyed.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

just found out that I should not have drilled the hole out of the AC unit. I have to plug the hole but I still need to fix the tilt now. Evidently the water is supposed to collect and get sprayed on the outside coil and drip out. The problem is there is no way to drain this so called water in the fall other than tipping the AC on its side. So I got it to drain but have to plug it up tonight. Such an annoying thing when I let other people fix things but they do it wrong-like the height of the board for leaning the AC at the right angle. So annoyed.
I wondered about drilling. We have several units and someone fixed a window for us and messed up the tilt. We never have gotten it fixed but have to keep a small bucket there to catch water on the inside. It would be more of a chore to take it out and fix it.  It's an old unit and but for all the vet bills this year would have been replaced.

It's hot and windy today. Part of me wants to close the windows and turn on the AC and the other part is just enjoying the breeze moving though the house.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I had subscribed to Cat Fancy for years. Then Catster took over and the magazine went downhill. Really unimaginative articles, lots of advertisements, tried and true articles discontinued. I stayed another year and then let the subscription lapse. Let's see how much longer it will last in any form. Truly another case of "if it ain't broke don't fix it".
They claimed that the change was made to make the magazine less "snobbish" or not just for people only interested in purebred cats. I'd read Cat Fancy for years and never found it to be that way at all. I think they just dumbed it down a LOT and then changed it to bimonthly while keeping the price the same. The name Catster is weak too. I really don't like it at all. Epic fail IMO

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yep that's exactly what happened. I loved their monthly issues with different breeds. I still have the Norwegian one-those cats are breathtaking! I really miss those posters. I used to hang them in my computer room. Yeah I am weird..did I tell you? so I am calming down about the AC. At least I finally got an answer to why the water is needed in the flow tray. Hopefully it doesn't burn out today. I would think a day would be ok. There is still water collected on the other side-its just one area I drilled it to relieve the splash. I saw the fan was touching the water and thought that was a no no. Evidently I was wrong. I just kept thinking of it shorting out. Because I always taught water doesn't belong on spinning parts. What do I know right?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I still remember an article in Cat Fancy from YEARS ago, about cat color and genetics.  It was SO well written and informative, not dumbed down or too scientific.  Those days are long gone.  I subscribed online, but I rarely find anything that captures my interest anymore,

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Getting antsy to get out of here. Can't decide what to do. Looks like rain showers this afternoon. Maybe take a stroll or lay down. And of course fix the hole I just drilled. LOLOL. I probably should do some shopping. I have enough bread for one more sandwich left and a few hot dog rolls. I really like that ham salad but I know its not healthy but it really fills me up. I feel weird not working the weekend. Now I have to change gears and make sure I have enough food at home-I am so used to packing my lunches and whatnot that I hardly ever buy food for the house-I bring it all here. So now I just wonder when they will finalize the schedule. Seems they take their sweet time and I want some advance notice as I may god forbid may want to make plans!

Did I tell you guys Honeybee went completely nuts on me last night with the harness? She bit and scratched it off of her. I have no clue how she got out of it-I unbuckled the one side I had tightened and she layed backwards, clawed the harness and popped her head out. She was one ticked off cussing kitty!! Growls, hisses and moans to let me know she was NOT a happy girl. I kept teasing her-put it in her face and she would growl and smack it out of my hands-I had my welding gloves on-she tried to bite me and get even madder when she realized it wasn't hurting. I don't think we will have luck but I will keep plying her with treats. She tolerated it on her as long as I fed her..so I bought some more treats last night.

Finally got news about overtime. I got Sunday. Sat is yard sailing View media item 359843
View media item 359844
View media item 359845
View media item 359846
View media item 359847

Last edited:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence

They claimed that the change was made to make the magazine less "snobbish" or not just for people only interested in purebred cats. I'd read Cat Fancy for years and never found it to be that way at all. I think they just dumbed it down a LOT and then changed it to bimonthly while keeping the price the same. The name Catster is weak too. I really don't like it at all. Epic fail IMO
I couldn't agree more. So Cat Fancy had a purebred cat as a poster every month, so what? It was just a small part of the magazine and many of us learned that there were more than just Persians and Siamese cats beside the average run of the mill house cat. Most of what was printed pertained to any domestic cat, it was also good to see that there are wild cats besides the BIG cats and Bobtails. 

"Snobbish?" I found it to be intelligently written but not so technical that the  average cat lover would be turned off. Now, as you say, it is just dumb. "Catster". What kind of name is that? And charging the same price for only half as many magazines per year? Highway robbery I call it! Good riddance. Maybe somebody will come up with a new version of Cat  Fancy that is more like the one that survived for 45 years or more.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah Honeybee loves her nip.

I got the harness on Honeybee tonight. But boy was she MAD. I wore my welding gloves and she bit and scratched AFTER I tried to take it off. SHe was in a hurry and kept sticking her paw in the neck area and try to pull it off. Of course it wouldnt come off because I had it snapped together. I have a few photos I will upload in a few. She was ok as long as I kept feeding her treats. So every day I will keep trying. This time I made it very loose so its just to get used to something on her belly. She crouched and growled but still let me pet her and feed her. I had it on for 2 minutes. I just wish it was different type than slide over the head. So I may try those velcro kind I have seen. I even clipped the leash to it but I didnt make her walk or anything. She really is a stubborn sassy girl!

View media item 359894
View media item 359895
View media item 359896View media item 359897
View media item 359898

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.