Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
finally cooled off. the cats are laying on the deck in the shade. floey is sleeping on the wicker table shelf. she loves laying on hard surfaces. pumpkin face has burrowed into the sand under the deck. silly kitty. honeybee is sleeping in the strawberry bed. 

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lol Kat0121 Kat0121 . Love the picture. It's the purrrrrfect picture for a cat lovers wedding.

Tomorrow I start working at the apple orchard/pumpkin patch/corn maze/garden! I'm super excited. I just hope I don't end up with too many blisters on my hands.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol @Kat0121. Love the picture. It's the purrrrrfect picture for a cat lovers wedding.

Tomorrow I start working at the apple orchard/pumpkin patch/corn maze/garden! I'm super excited. I just hope I don't end up with too many blisters on my hands.
Find the cloth garden gloves with the rubber/gum palms. Heavy duty. They are wonderful because you can dip them in cool water and it's refreshing and cooling and keeps your hands protected.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Try to get some good leather work gloves. I prefer those tight rubbery palmed ones with mess on the back. They are thin but keep the slivers off my hands. I use tig welding gloves for a thicker glove but still has thin feeling to them so you can still have dexterity. I used these gloves for the cats grooming. They could bite but it didn't hurt. I'm so used to wearing gloves now that I can't work without them.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Lol @Kat0121. Love the picture. It's the purrrrrfect picture for a cat lovers wedding.

It really is the perfect picture.  I was so jealous I didn't find it first!  @Kat0121 has a knack for finding these terrific photos.

Good luck at your new job.  You mentioned it's a maze, too?  Is it a tall maze where you can't see over the edges?  I've always wanted to go exploring in one of those. 

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Try to get some good leather work gloves. I prefer those tight rubbery palmed ones with mess on the back. They are thin but keep the slivers off my hands. I use tig welding gloves for a thicker glove but still has thin feeling to them so you can still have dexterity. I used these gloves for the cats grooming. They could bite but it didn't hurt. I'm so used to wearing gloves now that I can't work without them.
Well I just gave the opposite advice. I don't use the cheap ones though. For summer the heavy cloth ones with the heavy duty rubberized palms made mucking stalls bearable.  As leather goes I always recommend goat skin. It's more flexible and holds up well.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats newyorknewyork1303!! Hope your special day was everything you both dreamed of. Hope you are enjoying your time at the beach together!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence

Well I just gave the opposite advice. I don't use the cheap ones though. For summer the heavy cloth ones with the heavy duty rubberized palms made mucking stalls bearable.  As leather goes I always recommend goat skin. It's more flexible and holds up well.
my daughter gave me some goat skin gloves for working in the garden. They seemed kind of flimsy but they have held up surprisingly well for several years now. Very flexible and when they get wet they always dry up soft as before.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Was at work a bit late today, trying to do a lot of stuff that I can only do that. Faxing things into the system so I can pick up where I left off on testing them tomorrow. Probably gonna work from home, got some nasty weather coming it sounds like. Mom was asking me why I would want to be home when I'd probably be safer in my work building. Well, don't think I always buy that. Plus I want to be with my babies if anything bad happens.

Soooo glad I was able to get Maple pilled today. I am fairly sure I've wasted half of the Prozac I got from the last prescription, and that stuff ain't cheap. Plus she's getting to be quite the ornery old lady without it.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

It is the stars, of course. 
  Seriously, photos are showing up for me so I don't think it's TCS.  It appears your computer wants some attention.  I wish I could offer something more than wise-cracks.

EDIT:  Just read another post where the photos weren't showing.  I may have maligned your computer.
What browser are you using?

Margret
Well, they are back, so it was just a glitch.  I thought it had to be, because the profile photos were showing up just fine!  I am using Microsoft Edge, which is generally doing very well for me,

Congrats to @NewYork1303!  How odd...my @ someone's name only works if I type in the entire name before I click on the offerings.  But it does work, and that's what natters,

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Got another picture of Miss Sophiesaurus from DD today while I was at work. The cats aren't allowed in DD's room because she doesn't want hair in the computer tower and they won't stay off of it because it's warm and has blinking lights. Sophie also likes to hide under her bed.

Sophie will go into DD's bathroom which is next to her room. She lays on the floor next to the cabinets and will pull one open and then let it close with a (to her) delightful thud. She will do this over and over until DD comes out of her room. When she hears DD's door open she tries her hardest to sneak in. She fails 99% of the time but will always try. She did this routine today. Today when DD came out of her room, Sophie tried to get in and again failed so she acted like she wasn't up to anything and tried to charm DD by rolling around on the floor and showing that fluffy little belly of hers. DD had her phone and caught her in the act. View media item 356351

Last edited:

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats tend to be obsessed with RB's room, and like your DD's room there are a lot of computers and computer components (he builds them for a living and can't afford to get cat hair in them). So far (knock on wood) only two of the kitties have managed to slip in; Rose and Spot. Rose curled up around the cables under his desk (I guess they were warm) and when Spot made his break into RB's room, he made his way to RB's portable closet and to the part of the closet where the shoes go. View media item 356352

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
She reminds me so much of Mercy. Right now Mercy is suffering some confusion. Her moth has stopped moving and no matter how high she throws it the darn thing just won't take flight, so she can catch it again. I think it might be dead...

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Time: 1:00 AM. 
  It looks like I am in for another night of insomnia.  Things aren't all bad though - it means I have time to discover weird cat stuff on the internet, like the following video.  It's a little over 2 min long and cheery as all get out.

Last edited:

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

Time: 1:00 AM. 
  It looks like I am in for another night of insomnia.  Things aren't all bad though - it means I have time to discover weird cat stuff on the internet, like the following video.  It's a little over 2 min long and cheery as all get out.
I'm really sorry about the insomnia. I have stopped trying to sleep at night. It's so hot during the day it's been easier to get some meaningful sleep during the day than fighting to lay there waiting to turn into a zombie all night.  I have always been a night owl. Trying to adjust my sleep to what is considered normal has never really worked. I always choose a graveyard shift if it was available.

margd

Veteran
Purraise

I'm really sorry about the insomnia. I have stopped trying to sleep at night. It's so hot during the day it's been easier to get some meaningful sleep during the day than fighting to lay there waiting to turn into a zombie all night.  I have always been a night owl. Trying to adjust my sleep to what is considered normal has never really worked. I always choose a graveyard shift if it was available.
I've been a night owl ever since working the night shift in a supermarket when I was in college.  Decades (gasp!) later and my system still hasn't recovered.   My first full time job, I had to be at work at 8::00AM and it was utter torture.  I love the morning but my circadian clock says, nope. 

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

I've been a night owl ever since working the night shift in a supermarket when I was in college.  Decades (gasp!) later and my system still hasn't recovered.   My first full time job, I had to be at work at 8::00AM and it was utter torture.  I love the morning but my circadian clock says, nope. 

It might not be a matter of recovering. Like I said I have been a night owl my whole life. So is my husband so when he's on shift it's really easy for me to fall into a comfortable daytime sleep pattern. It's 11.30 here and I feel like my brain is just now waking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.