Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
the temps have dropped. I don't need the ac on so cold at work. did some dancing to music at lunch to help my mood. I am in a funk still and I am not liking it. I want to crawl under a rock and sleep away this funk. got to keep moving. I miss my cats. the gym will be closed the rest of the week due to putting new machines in. trying to stay upbeat but I missed my workout yesterday. decided to get rid of books and clothes at the thrift shop.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
All of our test systems are down right now so.... not a whole lot of working going on. I'm really tired for some reason today. So far the storms don't seem to have happened, although they're saying all the way till this evening we have a threat of storms. So, will see how it goes.

For now, trying to figure out what to have for lunch.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
just got some thunderstorms. I hope we got some rain for my poor yard. Looks horrible without any rain. So since I ate last nights left overs, not sure what I will eat tonight. The cats will be happy to have me home. They are not used to being home alone all day.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

the temps have dropped. I don't need the ac on so cold at work. did some dancing to music at lunch to help my mood. I am in a funk still and I am not liking it. I want to crawl under a rock and sleep away this funk. got to keep moving. I miss my cats. the gym will be closed the rest of the week due to putting new machines in. trying to stay upbeat but I missed my workout yesterday. decided to get rid of books and clothes at the thrift shop.
Dancing at lunch is always a good thing.  I used to do that, too at my old job.  It really did help with the afternoon blahs.   I hope you feel better soon.  Getting rid of stuff should help - hopefully existence will feel lighter. 

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Margd-I know the boyfriend has been pestering me for years to get rid of my clutter..this morning I realized that I don't need a whole room full of books. So I am taking 1 shopping bag of books out of there a day. will take me two years at this rate. I sell books in a shop so that was my intention all along but then I wanted to keep and read them. I will never be able to read 30,000 books in my lifetime..thats what happens when I yardsale. And oftentimes people give me books knowing I am selling them. I gave up one of my spaces in the shop to combine into another space and they gave me notice that they are raising the rent 5%. good grief. thought I was trying to save $$. So hopefully tonight will not be so hot so I can actually READ without sweating. With the Bee Kitty perched on my chest. She loves her momma.

Flo and honeybee on the bed together:

View media item 356437

Last edited:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Ah, books.  I love books, just love them.  I didn't have as many books as you do but once I had a very large collection of science fiction.  When I moved most recently, for various reasons it got left behind. Now I'm slowly replacing them on my Kindle.   I keep telling myself that the upside is that I'll never have to pack and lug boxes of books around again.  The problem is:  I like the feel of a book in my hand.  I like having something that won't just disappear in a flash of electrons.  And I really like sitting in a room with books surrounding me.   Ooops.  I'd better shut up now.  The idea is to encourage you to get rid of books, not bring home more from the thrift shop!  But I'm with you - yard sales, library sales, book sales, used book shops, thrift stores... I was a total sucker for books.   I actually did read most of mine but I didn't have as many as you do.  Anyway, good luck with the decluttering!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. You know I keep telling myself I will find more. Lately I am reading Catherine Anderson. She used to write Historical Romance but now its modern romance with wiccan type powers. The one now is a time travel. The time period is now but the girl came from 500 years back in time from Ireland. She came and changed her last name as there was a stigma against Irish last names. She was sent forward in time to break the spell of the first born sons losing their first wives to a blood disease. Now there is a brother whose wife is very sick with a complicated form of leukemia. So this gal is supposed to stop this from happening..very interesting..

So I have a bedroom I put up 10 bookcases and they are full. And a pile of banana boxes full-the banana boxes have been halfway depleted. Those I take to the shop. I am trying to go once a week rather than once a month. Many years ago I did the fleamarket. And sold these. I sold tons of books to the folks from massachusets because they rode the subway and needed something light and easy to read..I quit after my back kept giving me spasms and gas was $4 a gallon. It cost me more in gas to get there than the rent was. It just wasn't worth the $75 in gas both ways. I also cut back on buying. I used to hit up all the places for books weekly. Its been 2 years. And I know I have to get moving and get them gone. I could do an ad in craigslist but I don't want anyone to burgler my house so I am manually hauling them out. Its ok I am not even overwhelmed anymore. I got them all in one room now except for two other bookcases in the office=the plan was to move those books out and make a bedroom out of the office. I still working on it. I have a bag of clothes for those recycling boxes all over the place and a bag of books and a bag of VHS tapes. It will be interesting to see how soon I can get it done. I could get a dumpster and toss them since most are romances but I hate throwing away anything-the town library and local thrift shops will get their books back

By the way Idont like the kindle. I have one. I cant stand it. I love amazon=I found some older books by norma fox mazer who wrote some young adult books on contraversal subjects=which back in the 1980s was a big deal. I rereading those books now and I feel like I have time traveled back to when I was 12-14 when I first read them.

I was 10 years old reading historical romances because I love history and I already read all young adult books at the library. at 13 I read dean koontz lightning for a book report. I think I was in 7th grade? they couldn't believe I understood it...yeah I was a nerd. I was a weirdo who loved athletic things but only by myself and reading.

Last edited:

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
I hear thunder. Goody the weeds need watering...Paying bills this morning I noticed a 100 dollar charge on our Amex card. The gas station put a 100 dollar hold on the card when he put in less than 20 bucks worth of gas. I'm sure they have been doing it all along and I never seen it as it usually goes off in less than 24 hours. gheesh.

Mercy had a beetle last night. poor thing. She was tossing it like she does Skunky.

Last edited:

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, books. I love reading the stories that others have crafted. Some of my favorite series include The Dresden Files,  by Jim Butcher and The Valdemar Series, by Mercedes Lackey. (Of course, I'm also a fan of her 500 kingdom  novels as well as her Elemental Masters  series.) The only thing I like better than reading fantastical worlds created by other people is seeing people enjoy reading worlds I've created.

In other news I got into an argument with AWM earlier. We were arguing about what's more important: inches, or weight. According to the scale I weigh almost as much as I did when I started (minus four tenths of a pound), but according to my waistline I'm almost one whole size smaller. Of course  I weigh almost the same; I'm replacing fat with muscle and everyone knows that muscle weighs more than fat. (There's less air in it, for one thing.)

So I just  got a call saying I'm working third shift tonight--in exchange for actually being off  tomorrow. (I understand; life happens, and she wants me for third anyway as soon as the new girl--who was in training class yesterday--gets into swing. Now though, I'm hyped--because I had  adjusted my sleeping schedule for first and second shift--since that's what I on all week. (I don't mean to whine.) So, somehow I've got to cool down (and calm down) enough to sleep a bit before work tonight. 

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I understand being upset. you need to have a set schedule. I also am reading your story you sent me=I LOVE it! I like the small paragraphs=makes it so much easier to read. I don't like when people put so many sentences in one big block-makes it hard for me to follow.

I have heard of both those authers and have a few by merecedes. the books look interesting but haven't read them. I sell tons of Jim Butcher and the wheel of time series. I also believe it or not sell tons of Stephen king. Lately I cant keep any Debbie macomber or james Patterson or clive custler on the shelf. I have read most of debs book except the most recent 3 years. she has a series called Cedar point-they are really good. I also read all of Robyn Carrs virgin river series=20 books-thunderpoint-I think 6 in that series now. Susan wigs is another I cant keep stocked. right now I have tons of chick lit type of romances-if anyone wants any PM me. I will send them for free via media mail. I have historical romance, fantasy and modern comedy romance I need to get moved out. Series harlequins and silhouettes I need to let go. So don't worry about the shipping. Its really cheap via Media mail. Like $15. big deal. I would love to send them on-I did this on facebook 3 years ago-because I used to sell on ebay=they got tons of books from me. oh I have older paranormal romances from the first ones that came out late 1990s to early 2001-2004ish. So don't be afraid to speak up! ok this concludes this public service announcement.

and here is me reading with a book fast asleep and honeybee holding my book-theres a flashlight on my chest I left on. I do this often. Not sure why the book is on honeybee=she is helping me read :p

View media item 356443

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Thank you to everyone for the congratulations! The ceremony was really pretty. The officiant we used just had the perfect things to say. I think that this was really a great wedding for us ourselves, the next is really for friends and family since it'll bigger and less intimate (still only around 50 people). 

We still have a few days of work, but we'll leave for the ocean on Friday night. 
 CONGRATULATIONS. 
    Sounds like you had a great day.   Hopefully work will not be too painful you will feel like your honeymoon arrives quickly.   Have a lovely time enjoying the peace and quiet in between the partying.   

@foxxycat   are you sure Honeybee is only helping you read, and not quietly speed-reading that book while enjoying the peace and quiet?  
    She looks so cute there burrowed in with the book over her face.  

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm I'm not sure if I should be worried that they are preparing for very bad storms tonight, or just think they are exaggerating as usual. Sounds like we'll find out about 7-8pm tonight or so. OEMC is urging people to "stay in" tonight unless they absolutely have to go out. And both airports are already canceling flights. Apparently there are super-cells to the west of us. Time will tell I guess.

I have my beer at the ready.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm I'm not sure if I should be worried that they are preparing for very bad storms tonight, or just think they are exaggerating as usual. Sounds like we'll find out about 7-8pm tonight or so. OEMC is urging people to "stay in" tonight unless they absolutely have to go out. And both airports are already canceling flights. Apparently there are super-cells to the west of us. Time will tell I guess.

I have my beer at the ready.
I really don't miss tornados. Of course your first desert haboob might make you wish for a singular funnel cloud.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
I really don't miss tornados. Of course your first desert haboob might make you wish for a singular funnel cloud.
They are even saying "don't be fooled by the sunshine you're seeing now" and dang if there isn't a bunch of sunshine out there right now, trying to fool me.

Can't say I've ever been through a haboob before.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hope the storms dont get too bad. the air has switched here. I am shutting the windows because I am COLD 
. I havent been cold in weeks! right around 60ish and gonna be 50. perfect sleeping weather...gonna go to bed early but trying to get the cats in. last night pumpkin face didnt come in until 10. so maybe i will fall asleep at 7 and wake up at 9. I still have something funky going on with my shoulder so decided to lay off the weights for another day. like a pulled muscle or pinched nerve. I need to find a good massager to do their magic. hate a shoulder that feels stiff and achy. 

Stay safe Donutte. 

Floey and pumpkin face both have a cold. Pumpy has been sneezing a ton this evening and floey fussy about food. Not sure how they got it when we havent been to the vets or anywhere that could bring home yuckies..gonna try tuna and lysine to get them eating. 

floey ate babyfood and pumps is eating treats=we are ok.

the author was wrong-i thought it was norma fox mazer, it was norma klein. slap!

ok I am waiting to get to sleep soon. all the cats are in and i got two bowls of wet food out which everyone turned their nose up. 

Last edited:

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
They are even saying "don't be fooled by the sunshine you're seeing now" and dang if there isn't a bunch of sunshine out there right now, trying to fool me.

Can't say I've ever been through a haboob before.
I track on Weatherunderground on my laptop and use WeatherBug on my android devices. WeatherBug is great but it's like a mini infection on windows. More contained on an app.

A haboob is like a tsunami of sand wind and dirt. Lots and lots of dirt.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
I track on Weatherunderground on my laptop and use WeatherBug on my android devices. WeatherBug is great but it's like a mini infection on windows. More contained on an app.
I know what you mean about WeatherBug being like a mini-infection, I had that back when we had a microburst in August of 2007. I just remember watching the tornado warning start in southern Cook county, then move up to central Cook. Soon it said northern Cook, and I decided to look out the window, and right then the lights started flickering, and at the very same time, my ears popped, as if ascending in a plane too fast. Then the big boom of thunder followed by massive winds.

For the first time in my life, I heard tornado sirens going off for something other than testing. I live in a manufactured home, so no basement. We're told to go over to the grocery store next door to us. Well, apparently they lock down in this kinda weather, so we would have been SOL if we did go there. Plus, there was crap flying all over the place (I'll never forget watching a tarp roll by like tumbleweed), so no way I was walking over there. I literally ran into the living room from my bedroom, clutching my laptop for dear life and just SITTING in there, not really knowing what to do. I would have been at work normally but was on medical leave at the time.

Baby and Brandy (our two dogs back then) were quite un-nerved by the whole thing. The cats were actually just sitting around like, "Oh, is something going on?"

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I know what you mean about WeatherBug being like a mini-infection, I had that back when we had a microburst in August of 2007. I just remember watching the tornado warning start in southern Cook county, then move up to central Cook. Soon it said northern Cook, and I decided to look out the window, and right then the lights started flickering, and at the very same time, my ears popped, as if ascending in a plane too fast. Then the big boom of thunder followed by massive winds.

For the first time in my life, I heard tornado sirens going off for something other than testing. I live in a manufactured home, so no basement. We're told to go over to the grocery store next door to us. Well, apparently they lock down in this kinda weather, so we would have been SOL if we did go there. Plus, there was crap flying all over the place (I'll never forget watching a tarp roll by like tumbleweed), so no way I was walking over there. I literally ran into the living room from my bedroom, clutching my laptop for dear life and just SITTING in there, not really knowing what to do. I would have been at work normally but was on medical leave at the time.

Baby and Brandy (our two dogs back then) were quite un-nerved by the whole thing. The cats were actually just sitting around like, "Oh, is something going on?"
I was told to go into a closet that has no windows-i have a closet in the middle of the house-supposed to go there or in your bathtub. my tub is fiberglass-not sure how well it would hold up. i would throw everything out of the hallway closet and grab the cats and sit in there. luckily they are usually near me and love checking out the closets. I too live in a manufactured home. I guess the center of the house is the most protective place but I would think underneath the home would be better but not sure. of course i would be scared out of my mind if this ever happened. I hope you dont have to worry too much tonight. I will keep the light on thinking about you guys tonight.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The weather people here in Chicago are giving out the same kind of advice, and they have their storm tracker vehicle out west waiting on the storm. I don't know. They do  exaggerate things. ETA is 8 p.m., but they are telling us to take cover now as I type. Sun is shining.

Status
Not open for further replies.