Large Cat tree in Australia

scotfold

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello

My cat has outgrown his tree and I would like to upgrade it for something larger and more sturdy.

Any reccomendation where I can get a tall one for approx $150? the ones I've seen on ebay all have kittens on it.. I think my kitten is about 4-6kilos now. 

mamabirdy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just looked at Jenna's cat posts pages and I will say they look amazing, love the Goliath, wish we could get something like that in the UK.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scotfold

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OHH those trees at jenna blog Does look so soft and awesome >< but I am not from Brisbane :( so sadddddd

scotfold

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
which one did you get Tammy? my cat is 4.6 kg now at 6months! I dno how he got so fat, he hardly eats.. I was expecting a small 2-4kg cat from him :/

tammyp

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hey, I like those Jenna's trees!  I wrote her to say I'd like to blog about her products...she's getting shipping organised, but not sure how far off it is.  

Scotfold, the one we have is: http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/cat-scratch-post-five-levels-ladder/

We went into the purchase with the philosophy that it was a good price, so would still be cost effective if it turned out to get ruined pretty quickly.  The little house wall is broken - both cats like to haul themselves through the openings UPSIDEDOWN.  And yes, the covering is a bit thin in parts. This is at 2.5 years of use with one cat; we just got our new kitten recently, so the tree is getting even more use.  We think it is standing up to things pretty well.

No complaints really, especially happy with stability as we need something that could stand alone (renting).

tammyp

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I should say my adult cat Kato is 4.1kgs.  Ava is just over 1kg and seems to fly around like a bird!  But check the reviews as people talk about cat weights and sturdiness of products.  This tree is well balanced in terms of physics...four legs, a heavy base...

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
My goodness, that's quite a tree!

The shipping bonus finishes at midnight tonight by the look of it.

Last edited:

tammyp

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow!  that looks good!  

We got ours with free shipping, so it seems they do have regular good shipping bonuses - how 'regular' (all the time?) I wouldn't be able to say.  Go for it!

scotfold

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i missed out on the tree.. was taking a gamble to delay it and see if theres still free shipping but nooooo lol..

Will wait for next free shipping.. Wonder if it can hold my fat cat.