Labor

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

Well, my babies are 6 weeks old they turned yesterday, sorry no new pics. It has been cold and rainy so I can't get them out for new photos, but as soon as it clears up, I will get some
Kluchetta, I will try and get some good lighting and new batteries and get you some of little smudge, then if you like you can post them for every one, with new batteries, I can take one or two before it says the batteries are dead and the flash won't work, so cross your fingers smudge behaves him self and lets me get some good ones, usually he turns just before it takes it and all I get is a good butt shot, i'm sure you don't need one of those, you seen one butt you've seen them all

Some things are comming up, and may not be working out, I may be returning the deposit on yuki, and keeping her. (well, rehoming, but I am not sure I am comfortable with having her go where she is, I found out from another breeder she had tried to buy one so she can breed her for 1 litter, and when she left a deposit, it was on a pet, so I feel mis lead, and may return her deposit. I am not sure yet, she seems super nice, if I spay her first, I may still sell her to the lady, but not if she isn't spayed FIRST.
so stormi, yuki may need a new home
Smudgie, now you be good for Mommy Leslye!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I still haven't decided what to do about Yuki, I really, really like the lady who wants her, so I think if she is really interested in her, when I tell her she will she will be spayed prior to leaving then she won't object, and if she does then I will know that she isn't wanting a pet but a cheaper breeder. If she doesn't object about being spayed then I definately think it's a great home for her, she is really nice, I had met her before, when her daughter came and bought her two kittens from me. I am hoping that every thing goes smoothely, and it is obvious what to do, like smudge, I know immediately that it was the right choice, it was like a big sign.

I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow, I would love to show how big and beautiful the babies are becoming!

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I still haven't decided what to do about Yuki, I really, really like the lady who wants her, so I think if she is really interested in her, when I tell her she will she will be spayed prior to leaving then she won't object, and if she does then I will know that she isn't wanting a pet but a cheaper breeder. If she doesn't object about being spayed then I definately think it's a great home for her, she is really nice, I had met her before, when her daughter came and bought her two kittens from me. I am hoping that every thing goes smoothely, and it is obvious what to do, like smudge, I know immediately that it was the right choice, it was like a big sign.

I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow, I would love to show how big and beautiful the babies are becoming!
I am hoping there's no rain in the forecast of Maine. I would love to see kittens, and of course all of the mittens, since a mitted Ragdoll they are. So, I will wait for the pics, and just for the kicks, from the computer I won't venture far. (I rhymed
)

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yea, it's clearing up! I will get some pics soon before it rains again
I think I have worked things out with Yuki's people, I really like her so I am glad we did, she had just wanted to have one litter and give the kittens to me, and just expirience the "fun" of one litter, but after letting her know it really isn't best she doesn't care, she wants her and if she can't breed her once she doesn't care, she just really loves her, and is even planning on keeping her name. I had concidered allowing her to breed her once, if she got a registered cattery name, and I was to choose the male used for breeding, I really think this girl will be breed/show quality, and I am interested in getting a kitten back from her, so I may still concider it, but for now, the plan is she will be spayed and going as a pet
I really do want a kitten from her though! she is turning into such a beauty as you will all see soon
Atleast I have my kittens and good news with them since I will be loosing a horse
(Jezebel isn't going to pull through, I am very sad about it, sorry I know this isn't the thread for it, so if some one does delete it that's ok, but I am just so sad, and my kittens make me happy)

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

yea, it's clearing up! I will get some pics soon before it rains again
I think I have worked things out with Yuki's people, I really like her so I am glad we did, she had just wanted to have one litter and give the kittens to me, and just expirience the "fun" of one litter, but after letting her know it really isn't best she doesn't care, she wants her and if she can't breed her once she doesn't care, she just really loves her, and is even planning on keeping her name. I had concidered allowing her to breed her once, if she got a registered cattery name, and I was to choose the male used for breeding, I really think this girl will be breed/show quality, and I am interested in getting a kitten back from her, so I may still concider it, but for now, the plan is she will be spayed and going as a pet
I really do want a kitten from her though! she is turning into such a beauty as you will all see soon
Atleast I have my kittens and good news with them since I will be loosing a horse
(Jezebel isn't going to pull through, I am very sad about it, sorry I know this isn't the thread for it, so if some one does delete it that's ok, but I am just so sad, and my kittens make me happy)
I was going to suggest you have a long talk with her and talk to her about breeding, and breeding lines, and maybe you could be her mentor. I think a lot of people (myself included) get kind of excited around kitten season and entertain thoughts of starting a cattery. But if, after hearing about all the non-glamerous parts of having a cattery, and if she would have the room in her home or add an addition so the cats would have enough room, etc. she was interested in, I think you would be a great mentor. OR if it's mostly the kittens part, she could foster a pregnant mom - it is the season after all...

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

I was going to suggest you have a long talk with her and talk to her about breeding, and breeding lines, and maybe you could be her mentor. I think a lot of people (myself included) get kind of excited around kitten season and entertain thoughts of starting a cattery. But if, after hearing about all the non-glamerous parts of having a cattery, and if she would have the room in her home or add an addition so the cats would have enough room, etc. she was interested in, I think you would be a great mentor. OR if it's mostly the kittens part, she could foster a pregnant mom - it is the season after all...
Oh, I don't know, I don't think I know enough to be any ones mentor, I am still learning so much myself, from my own mentor and stormi too. That is sweet of you to say though
I think alot of why she wants to breed is to breed her own baby, and because she knows I had seriously concidering keeping her myself and wants to let me have a kitten, sweet, but unless it is more of a full committment on her part I don't think people should breed "just one litter" But, if I had the say of the stud for her, it would be a nice mating and should produce nice kittens, it's not like she doesn't have the money incase of any problems comming up, and she doesn't seem as though she would hesitate a second for her kitties health, she would make a good breeder I think if she had some one to be a mentor and help her to do it for the right reasons. It would be fun to help her through and all, but I don't think I would really be expirienced enough.
The nice weather didn't hold out very long i'm sorry to say, I think it is suposed to clear up mon or weds, so I guess I will plan for then. I was hoping my dad was comming to maine soon, he has a digi camera that he had for me, and I want it, darn it!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got sort of an idea about Yuki. Maybe you could sell her to the lady, unspayed, especialy if she keeps turning out to be such a beauty. Then, as long as she promises to keep her away from intact males, when she's older you could choose the stud, breed her, and she could have the kittens at the lady's house. The kittens would be registered to your cattery, and you could keep one for your breeding program, she could keep one if she wanted, then fix them all, Yuki included, and sell the kittens as pets.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I've got sort of an idea about Yuki. Maybe you could sell her to the lady, unspayed, especialy if she keeps turning out to be such a beauty. Then, as long as she promises to keep her away from intact males, when she's older you could choose the stud, breed her, and she could have the kittens at the lady's house. The kittens would be registered to your cattery, and you could keep one for your breeding program, she could keep one if she wanted, then fix them all, Yuki included, and sell the kittens as pets.
This is kind of what I am leaning towards doing, it is too soon to know whether she is breed quality or not, but if she is I will want a kitten from her.
Well I have a little update on the kittens Yuki is adopted and waitting to go to her home with Nacho a kitten from last litter And smudge is waiting patiently to fly out with our kluchetta I bet he is more patient then you! Ares is going to a wonderful friend of mine to be her fifth cat.
And last is chance who may now be needing a new place, As it turns out he may be a chocolate mitted and not a blue mitted and they are dissapointed and may want to wait for another litter or get another one, but was really looking forward to blue so we will see, I didn't expect to have a choc. but im not dissapointed at all, if his owners don't want him for that reason, mabey they can go else where for a kitten any way, and I don't believe I will have any problems at all rehomeing this little sweety.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

This is kind of what I am leaning towards doing, it is too soon to know whether she is breed quality or not, but if she is I will want a kitten from her.
Well I have a little update on the kittens Yuki is adopted and waitting to go to her home with Nacho a kitten from last litter And smudge is waiting patiently to fly out with our kluchetta I bet he is more patient then you! Ares is going to a wonderful friend of mine to be her fifth cat.
And last is chance who may now be needing a new place, As it turns out he may be a chocolate mitted and not a blue mitted and they are dissapointed and may want to wait for another litter or get another one, but was really looking forward to blue so we will see, I didn't expect to have a choc. but im not dissapointed at all, if his owners don't want him for that reason, mabey they can go else where for a kitten any way, and I don't believe I will have any problems at all rehomeing this little sweety.
Hee, hee, I'm not very impatient at all!

J/K. But a photo would be cool. Wow, a chocolate mitted? That is way cool, I think. Is that not cool to show or something? I think it would be beautiful.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hee, hee, I'm not very impatient at all!

J/K. But a photo would be cool. Wow, a chocolate mitted? That is way cool, I think. Is that not cool to show or something? I think it would be beautiful.
Chocolates and lilacs are more dilute and rarer to come by I guess. I know a few breeders who have just started breeding just them, so I think it's neat. I don't know whether he will be show quality, but mabey as a kitten or alter. I will be bringing him to a lady who breeds for choc and lilacs tomorrow, and I will know for sure if he is (I thinki he is tho)
I will see about taking some pics today, I know how patient you all are for baby pics, hee hee! But just to warn you now, they are too cute for words!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Chocolates and lilacs are more dilute and rarer to come by I guess. I know a few breeders who have just started breeding just them, so I think it's neat. I don't know whether he will be show quality, but mabey as a kitten or alter. I will be bringing him to a lady who breeds for choc and lilacs tomorrow, and I will know for sure if he is (I thinki he is tho)
I will see about taking some pics today, I know how patient you all are for baby pics, hee hee! But just to warn you now, they are too cute for words!
I found some BEAUTIFUL pics of chocolates on the Internet! Wow, if Smudge was a chocolate I'd be delighted. But now you've got at least one on the waiting list for next time!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I found some BEAUTIFUL pics of chocolates on the Internet! Wow, if Smudge was a chocolate I'd be delighted. But now you've got at least one on the waiting list for next time!
LOL! It will probley never happen again! It was probley just a freak thing. I will know in the morn if he is a chocolate for sure, I have a very expirienced mentor, and breeder of chocs. looking at the litter tomorrow, and she will know. I hope the people who had left a deposit for him decide that choc. is very lovely too and decide they still would like him, if not, I will have to find a home for him now. Mabey a breeder would like to add a choc. stud to their breeding program, if not, he is getting shipped with smudgie, LOL!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

LOL! It will probley never happen again! It was probley just a freak thing. I will know in the morn if he is a chocolate for sure, I have a very expirienced mentor, and breeder of chocs. looking at the litter tomorrow, and she will know. I hope the people who had left a deposit for him decide that choc. is very lovely too and decide they still would like him, if not, I will have to find a home for him now. Mabey a breeder would like to add a choc. stud to their breeding program, if not, he is getting shipped with smudgie, LOL!
Uh oh!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Uh oh!
Oh, don't seem so worried, you will love two kittens ripping through your house it'll be fun, you'll see heehee!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh, don't seem so worried, you will love two kittens ripping through your house it'll be fun, you'll see heehee!
Aw heck! This time last year I had EIGHT 7-week old kittens tearing through the house. They sound like elephants, don't they?

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
8! That's too many, wow! I only have half that many, so it's only like a baby elephant around here!

cookandcompany

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can't wait for my 7 to be running all over crazy! They are so darn cute when they get the energy streak....

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have to agree, there is nothing more fun that having little paws going every direction. The more the merrier!!
Who needs television, when you have the entertainment of pouncing, bouncing kittens.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
these guys are crazy right now! I have to be careful, they run right under my foot if I pick it up, and they run right into me, except the blue/choc. one, chance, that little brat has a new game, it's called climb up my leg, (whether I have pants or not, ouch!) I am bringing the babies to a breeder this morning to se if chance is a chocolate, or a seal, I doubt he is blue (I know he isn't) and see what she thinks of Yuki and Ares too. Smudge is cute too, but not real fluffy or big (I almost switched them and sent the other because he looks "better quality" then smudge, but I didn't think Kim would be too happy about that! I know she wants him, because I named him that and not because he isn't show quality
And that smuge , what a cute face, he is such a doll! (I'm j/k Kim, I would never have done that
)
They are pretty wild right now, I better get them rounded up and kenneled, they will get worn out and go to sleep some where and when it's time to go I won't be able to find them! That's usually how it works, an owner comes to pick their baby up and I have lost them and start to wonder if they got out, I end up tearing the house apart them they just turn up, like what mom, we was just sleeping! Got to love them at these ages

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

these guys are crazy right now! I have to be careful, they run right under my foot if I pick it up, and they run right into me, except the blue/choc. one, chance, that little brat has a new game, it's called climb up my leg, (whether I have pants or not, ouch!) I am bringing the babies to a breeder this morning to se if chance is a chocolate, or a seal, I doubt he is blue (I know he isn't) and see what she thinks of Yuki and Ares too. Smudge is cute too, but not real fluffy or big (I almost switched them and sent the other because he looks "better quality" then smudge, but I didn't think Kim would be too happy about that! I know she wants him, because I named him that and not because he isn't show quality
And that smuge , what a cute face, he is such a doll! (I'm j/k Kim, I would never have done that
)
Well, gosh, of course I want a typical big, longhaired Ragdoll, especially since my hubby loves huge cats. I guess if I ever want to show a cat, I'll just have to get another from you when Tig goes to the Bridge - she's 16, so it will probably be a while.

They are pretty wild right now, I better get them rounded up and kenneled, they will get worn out and go to sleep some where and when it's time to go I won't be able to find them! That's usually how it works, an owner comes to pick their baby up and I have lost them and start to wonder if they got out, I end up tearing the house apart them they just turn up, like what mom, we was just sleeping! Got to love them at these ages
We lost one of ours, the littlest girl, and I was just sure she ran off and died. Her brother found her and dragged her out from under the hideaway sofa!