Labor

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just talking with my daughter's babysitter, and she (along with many others) was asking "why" Smudge had to die, the only one I kept of the litter, and I just kept saying I wasn't sure, maybe it was because we were the most able to handle it and do the right thing. And now he has brought another happiness to my life. I can't believe what a special guy he was and continues to be.

Now if I can only wait 7-9 weeks, LOL!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

I was just talking with my daughter's babysitter, and she (along with many others) was asking "why" Smudge had to die, the only one I kept of the litter, and I just kept saying I wasn't sure, maybe it was because we were the most able to handle it and do the right thing. And now he has brought another happiness to my life. I can't believe what a special guy he was and continues to be.

Now if I can only wait 7-9 weeks, LOL!
I'm glad things worked out the way they did, it is great!
Alls I know is them 7-9 weeks are going to fly right by, and before I know it, I will have to send our baby off on a plane

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

I'm glad things worked out the way they did, it is great!
Alls I know is them 7-9 weeks are going to fly right by, and before I know it, I will have to send our baby off on a plane
Aww....
sorry.

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Don't worry, Leslye, Smudge2, will do just fine on his plane ride. I wanted to post here, so that I could try and help ease Kluchetta's mind as well. I have shipped many kittens, and had a couple shipped to me. I recommend using Continental, as they have a controlled temperature's in the cabin for the pets that are being transported. They could tell we were nervous parents sending our kittens, and they gave us their phone number w/extention so that we could call at anytime and be updated as to where are kittens were. They also had our phone number and called us when the kittens landed safely at their destination, and again when the adopted parent picked them up at the counter. The animals are the last to be loaded on the plane and the first to be unloaded off, so as soon as the plane has landed, it only takes a few minutes for them to hand you your kitten/cat.
When our stud was shipped, they even got him out to give him attention, and while that was appreciated, I don't think that would be in the rules. However, he was the hit of the airport, and loved everyone.
I know both of you will be very nervous as the day comes to have to put him on an airplane, and if and when the next time comes for me to ship a kitten, I will have the exact same butterflies, but I did want to let you know that we have only had positive experiences thus far. The people at the ticket counter even know us now.

The little girl is spoken for? That is great that they all have homes now!! I hope that we get many more pictures of them, as they grow.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awe! Thanks Stormi
Your reasurance is so helpful.
All of the kittens are spoken for
Kluchetta got lucky, and got him when she did, they were all spoken for as of the next day or so
, we did a little kitten switching, and the two seal mitted males, are going to different people, but the blue had already been spoken for, and the little girl is going to the same lady that came and got Nacho! I had been concidering keeping her, and will be kicking myself later, she is really a nice little girl. I should have kept her
But, she will be in a great home, and with Nacho even, so I am happy with that. (you would have liked her too I think!) well thanks so much for the advice and I will have to go with continental.

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know I was keeping my eye on the little girl.
But, it is great that she and Nacho will have a great home together!!
Hopefully she will keep you updated in pictures, and you and I will have an idea of what she will develop into. Ashlan knows of the upcoming shows and was really hoping she would have her kitten now.
I have my eye on this kitten for her, but she is still too young to know if she is show quality.

Another picture of her.

She is only 5 weeks old, so I have a long wait before deciding.

I also know what you mean about kicking yourself after you let a kitten go. Here is Kiara's blue bicolor female at only 6 weeks old.

She has a wonderful home. Her name is Maya Treasure. I wish I would have kept her for myself. Her family is ready to have her home, and they think time is dragging by.

The exciting news is they are thinking very seriously about showing her in kitten and alter class!!
I really hope they do, I have my fingers crossed!!
Hugs,
Stormi

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by FamilytimeRags

I know I was keeping my eye on the little girl.
But, it is great that she and Nacho will have a great home together!!
Hopefully she will keep you updated in pictures, and you and I will have an idea of what she will develop into. Ashlan knows of the upcoming shows and was really hoping she would have her kitten now.
I have my eye on this kitten for her, but she is still too young to know if she is show quality.

Another picture of her.

She is only 5 weeks old, so I have a long wait before deciding.

I also know what you mean about kicking yourself after you let a kitten go. Here is Kiara's blue bicolor female at only 6 weeks old.

She has a wonderful home. Her name is Maya Treasure. I wish I would have kept her for myself. Her family is ready to have her home, and they think time is dragging by.

The exciting news is they are thinking very seriously about showing her in kitten and alter class!!
I really hope they do, I have my fingers crossed!!
Hugs,
Stormi
Your not talking about my little girl, are you? If I had known that I would never have taken the deposit on her
If she turned out show/breed quality, one of us would have had her, I would have been so happy to have bred a perfect show kitty for your daughter. If she turned out to be pet quality, I could have always placed her then. I have got to get another female, I will have to see what dorothy has, I have had a call and two emails for kittens, and I don't have any and won't be breeding Ice again for a while.
You must be checking what dorothy has, is this kitten here hers? I wish we had more shows here, I would like to get my kittens out and have my cattery name in the shows. I will get a link for blueyed for you, do you know her too? she and dorothy do a lot together, she has a lot of nice cats too, ice came from her. She may have some thing for Ashlan. Let me know if you need the link for her web site

How beautiful is that kitten!!!! I love her (kiara's baby)

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stormi - I'm glad for the reassurance. Although a board I hang out on here had one member shipping a little Siamese kitten from Toronto to California to another member, and she did just fine.

That little mitted girl is beautiful, and so fluffy! Also, that little bi-color looks like a real beauty. I'm quickly becoming quite the Ragdoll afficianado!

Leslye, I DID get VERY lucky. Almost like a hand beyond ours was directing it!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Stormi - I'm glad for the reassurance. Although a board I hang out on here had one member shipping a little Siamese kitten from Toronto to California to another member, and she did just fine.

That little mitted girl is beautiful, and so fluffy! Also, that little bi-color looks like a real beauty. I'm quickly becoming quite the Ragdoll afficianado!

Leslye, I DID get VERY lucky. Almost like a hand beyond ours was directing it!
Like we both say it was meant to be, two/three days later and I have had 3 people wanting a kitten, and they would have been all spoken for (they are now)

Raggies are an addiction! like a potato chip you can't have just one!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Like we both say it was meant to be, two/three days later and I have had 3 people wanting a kitten, and they would have been all spoken for (they are now)

Raggies are an addiction! like a potato chip you can't have just one!
Oh no! Don't tell my hubby that!! LOL

smudgelover

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
this is a test post to see if i know how to work the cat site forums

so
*TEST*

well n e ways if n e one wants to talk to me about n e thing id be more than happy to chat =)

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SmudgeLover

yes we are very excited. we miss smudge so much its like a miracle that smudge 2 was born on the same day as our smudge!
Hello smudgelover
I am so happy to have smudge go to such a wonderful family. I ment to get mom some new pics of her mothers day present on mothers day but have problems with my camera, I will get some new ones out to you soon
Smudge is loved and in good hands until the day he can go to his new home, and before you know it, you will be getting him from the airport. Try not to think about it too much and time won't go by so slow.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, this thread has such a good feel to it and brought me a lot of smiles this evening. I think it is wonderful how all of this worked out and I am so happy for Kim I can barely contain it.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, you guys are the best.

~gg~

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hello smudgelover
I am so happy to have smudge go to such a wonderful family. I ment to get mom some new pics of her mothers day present on mothers day but have problems with my camera, I will get some new ones out to you soon
Smudge is loved and in good hands until the day he can go to his new home, and before you know it, you will be getting him from the airport. Try not to think about it too much and time won't go by so slow.
I would never have known what you mean except for the kittens we had last year. We loved up those kittens so much, and Nicole had friends over every day petting them. Everyone who got one said they are the most loving, purry cats they've ever had! And it was such a great feeling knowing those kittens were going to homes that *didn't* have eleven cats, LOL!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, my babies are 6 weeks old they turned yesterday, sorry no new pics. It has been cold and rainy so I can't get them out for new photos, but as soon as it clears up, I will get some
Kluchetta, I will try and get some good lighting and new batteries and get you some of little smudge, then if you like you can post them for every one, with new batteries, I can take one or two before it says the batteries are dead and the flash won't work, so cross your fingers smudge behaves him self and lets me get some good ones, usually he turns just before it takes it and all I get is a good butt shot, i'm sure you don't need one of those, you seen one butt you've seen them all

Some things are comming up, and may not be working out, I may be returning the deposit on yuki, and keeping her. (well, rehoming, but I am not sure I am comfortable with having her go where she is, I found out from another breeder she had tried to buy one so she can breed her for 1 litter, and when she left a deposit, it was on a pet, so I feel mis lead, and may return her deposit. I am not sure yet, she seems super nice, if I spay her first, I may still sell her to the lady, but not if she isn't spayed FIRST.
so stormi, yuki may need a new home