Kittens Stuck Together But I Can't Take Them To The Vet. Help!

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwwe, so cute;). You are right, it is hard to take pictures of kittens when they are so young. They just won't sit still long enough to pose for you so that you can get the shot you want. :think::confused::). Thanks for sharing, as they get older, you will be able to get easier shots.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
And you won't believe how tiny they once were when they start growing.

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You will be seeing changes in them every day, they grow and change so fast! Like children, they do not stay small long. In the animal world, the growth process is much more accelerated than we humans, so enjoy these early stages because they won't last long;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crystalcat614

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Guys, I think I might have another problem... So these kittens have a sister who's older than them by a few months. She's been sleeping with them for the past few days which I didn't really have any problems with as I just thought it was cute. However, I caught her trying to push her paws on top of one of the younger kittens today. It kinda looked like she was trying to hurt it. Perhaps she was responsible for the other kitten's death? Luckily, I got to the kittens before she could do anything. I don't really know what was going on with her or if she really is deliberately trying to harm the other kittens but I'm not sure if I should trust her around the kittens anymore. I also don't know of any way to keep her away from the kittens besides taking them inside and taking care of them myself. Any ideas of what could be going on? Do you guys think this other cat WAS trying to harm the younger kittens? I don't know what to think about anything anymore...

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As many folks have said, the very very best and safest thing to do is to bring the babies and the mother cat inside. They need to be nursing when they need food for several more weeks still. Taking them away from their mother is not a good idea, and neither is leaving them all outside.

Can you get the older kitten to a TNR to be spayed? She'll be pregnant soon (and so with the current mother cat), and you don't need another litter or two to worry about.

crystalcat614

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I honestly doubt I can get the older kitten OR the mother cat to be spayed as their both quite wild and will run away if I try to catch them. Cookie (the mother cat) won't even let me pick her up. I might still try to get her inside if I can. I also forgot that we have this Kitty Walk thing so if I catch the older kitten, I can put her in the Kitty Walk to separate her from the younger kittens. I'll see what I can do.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
C crystalcat614 I think you need to contact your closest shelter or TNR group and ask for help. You need to get the older female cats spayed. A humane trap is probably the only way you can do this.

You shouldn't leave the kittens outside any longer. It's just too dangerous. Bring the kittens and the mother inside and then make arrangements to get the girls fixed.

They will just add to the feral cat problem if you don't help them out.

Official.buttercup

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I honestly doubt I can get the older kitten OR the mother cat to be spayed as their both quite wild and will run away if I try to catch them. Cookie (the mother cat) won't even let me pick her up. I might still try to get her inside if I can. I also forgot that we have this Kitty Walk thing so if I catch the older kitten, I can put her in the Kitty Walk to separate her from the younger kittens. I'll see what I can do.
Like some other people said, there are humane traps you can try. I understand if it's too expensive to spay them but there should be a Humane society who will spay for free/low cost. The kittens need to be with their mama, INSIDE. Always try your best. You can save even more lives if you get those two cats spayed. Best of lucky! :)

crystalcat614

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to let you guys know that the kittens seem to be doing fine. However, they've been going to the bathroom a lot and are very smelly. Is this normal or should I be worried? Just so you guys know, the kittens are already like four weeks old already (I think) and they've been moving around a lot. Also, any tips on how to bathe them? I'm sure a bath would help.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you given them a wormer yet? Pooping a lot is normal. Being very smelly is probably from worms.

crystalcat614

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have you given them a wormer yet? Pooping a lot is normal. Being very smelly is probably from worms.
Well, I was thinking the smell is FROM the poop. The kittens are still pretty young after all, so they don't really know how to clean themselves properly. However, if you think it could be from worms, I could look into giving them something to get rid of worms or take them to the vet for a checkup to see if there is any sort of problem or not. I think the vet might be the better option since I'm not really sure if the kittens do have worms or not. I'll probably do that as soon as I can when I get a chance. However, I'd like to give them a bath before taking them to the vet or anything.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The smell is from the poop, not the kittens' fur. All kittens have worms, and wormy poop really stinks. A vet check is a great idea! However, if you aren't going to take them to a vet soon (like next week) then you need to give them a wormer.

crystalcat614

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Are the kittens still outside with mom?
Yes, they are though the mother doesn't seem to stay with them for too long. I don't know if it's because the kittens are a bit older or there's something wrong with the mother or what. I'd try bottle feeding them, but they're stubborn little kitties and won't drink from the bottle. Otherwise, they seem to be fine.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you still looking into the humane traps?

In another week, the kittens should be ready for solid food, and you will need to bring them inside

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aren't they only about 3 1/2 weeks now? They should be nursing quite a while longer. Sure wish you would bring kittens and the mother in for a few weeks.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wipe down the kittens with a warm, wet wash cloth. This should help.

You can bathe them with warm water and blue Dawn, but they need to be dried well afterwards so they do not get cold.

Do they seem to be nursing and getting enough milk?