Kitten unwell after vaccinations

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snowballmomy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You should take him back to the vet. If he's on antibiotics he shouldn't have a uti. So sorry for all you're going through.
he is jumping and playing... but my heart it sore when I see something... can't afford the vet.. they charge a lot when I saw blood in his poop only god knows what I went tru.. it was a weekend and I called the shelter to see if they can help they said if I bring him they will put him down.. how in human... will see in the morning already so late.. hope he will be okay over night..

snowballmomy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He only gained another 50g weight and aga his sick... ishhh.. he was 480g never gain any weight for full week after his first vaccine... now that he was getting better eating well this blood.

snowballmomy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I just feel like giving him away to a more experienced home... put hubby and I just can't let go of him.. our heart is already attached to this little thing

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know it's expensive, but peeing blood is something that really requires vet care. I hope you can find a way to get him in.

snowballmomy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He is so strong... they teach us the way of life... just worried a bit his appetite is gone less I mean not how he was eating like a monster.. but back to normal... maybe about 45g to 50g is that okay or it must be more? I'm puzzled...

snowballmomy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Like he had 1 tsp 5 am then another at 6... 2 tsp at 9am the 2 or 3 tsp at abou 12 then 2 tsp at 3pm 1 tsp at 6pm now its 8:14 he went to his bowl was 2 tsp of food in there will chk how much he had..he left about half tsp...

Last edited:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like he is not feeling well. Please think about the vet.

snowballmomy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I will.. but he is jumping n playing usual... I wish I could post his pics n videos...the blood I saw that was 5pm... twice he went to pee after that it was clear...

snowballmomy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today he even learned to climb my bed... he is so adventures...

snowballmomy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He is fine called the vet said it could be dehydration... it's cold here maybe thats y he is not drinking enough water so I kept giving him with a syringe... vet said if I see blood again then I must bring him in...

snowballmomy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He is back to normal..n hope it remains..he is gaining weight too.. just hope he gains enough by his next vaccine it on 20th may...

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I continue to maintain that he is not healthy enough for another vaccine this month, and the last one made him extremely ill. That's what your whole thread is about. Why would you put your kitten through this again right now?

snowballmomy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I continue to maintain that he is not healthy enough for another vaccine this month, and the last one made him extremely ill. That's what your whole thread is about. Why would you put your kitten through this again right now?
Ummm so I won't go for it now... will wait till he gains weight... but is it okay to wait... and after how long the vaccine can be done..

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's better to wait and be safe than it is to chance him going through all this again. He may not make it through another one. I've had to wait over a year for my cats to get their vaccines because of illness and or allergies. They are just fine. Especially if he is only indoors and not around other un vaccinated pets. Which would be best for him anyway at this time. His immune system isn't strong enough.

snowballmomy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's better to wait and be safe than it is to chance him going through all this again. He may not make it through another one. I've had to wait over a year for my cats to get their vaccines because of illness and or allergies. They are just fine. Especially if he is only indoors and not around other un vaccinated pets. Which would be best for him anyway at this time. His immune system isn't strong enough.
awww no I would rather wait...

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Please keep us posted on how he's doing. I, myself, would wait until his weight is up and he has absolutely, no symptoms of anything. Then I would continue with his vaccines. Also, if he's kept as an indoor only cat, there are some vaccines he probably won't need. Depends on where you live. I only get rabies and distemper for my cats, as they are indoor only and we live in the woods where there are tons of wildlife. There has been reports of racoons and a couple of other animals with distemper in upper michigan, and our cats have access to our enclosed patio, so I want to give them protection from those diseases.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is make sure you do a lot of research, ask questions, and keep coming back to this site with your worries and such. There is a ton of good advice on here.

I'm glad you found the catsite and are taking care of your little sweetie.

snowballmomy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes I'm glad I found this site.. plenty help here I knew nothing about cats n kittens.. I have learned a lot... yes his an indoor cat n I have no intention to let him out.. a friend has suggested if she will give me a female kitten from her cats next litter.. so he will remain an indoor cat... he is fine until now jumping around and exploring his little world... I better spring clean my house today.. I have postponed everything to next week so for this 2 days I'm cleaning... cos now he goes in the corners n try to reach the high areas... just to be save that I have no ant poisoning around anywhere...
The vet gave him a vaccine named nobivac tricat trio.. she told me a bunch of things which I don't remember...