Kitten unwell after vaccinations

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A tablespoon at a time sounds better. How often are you feeding?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he is asking for food, keep feeding him!!! He is not getting enough, and he needs to rapidly catch up. If he wants to eat two tablespoons in a row, let him. Please stop limiting his intake.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snowballmomy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
His eating like a monster... well I guess I can't feed so much at once.. I will rather get up at night n feed him a tsp at a time for now.. cos he needs to gain weight but digest easily too.. I want his stomach to get useto n he must get strong enough to eat at once

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really, really hope you will listen. One teaspoon at a time is NOT enough. He is eating as quickly as he is because he is starving. He sounds strong enough to digest now. Please stop feeding him these tiny amounts. It's not enough.

snowballmomy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If he is asking for food, keep feeding him!!! He is not getting enough, and he needs to rapidly catch up. If he wants to eat two tablespoons in a row, let him. Please stop limiting his intake.
sure.. I guess I have no experience that's y I'm here to get advice... I knew nothing and learning alot now

snowballmomy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I really, really hope you will listen. One teaspoon at a time is NOT enough. He is eating as quickly as he is because he is starving. He sounds strong enough to digest now. Please stop feeding him these tiny amounts. It's not enough.
he is done n walked away from the plate.. if he wanted more he comes to me and asked.. but will give he is playing at the moment.. if he comes back looking for his plate will put food for him.. I can not leave food out.. cos it gets full of ants.. and he refuses to eat that.. so I have to give hourly or when he asks...

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another user recommended leaving a small dish of food in larger dish filled with water. That way the ants can't get to the food.

It's great that he's eating until he's full.

snowballmomy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Another user recommended leaving a small dish of food in larger dish filled with water. That way the ants can't get to the food.

It's great that he's eating until he's full.
Yes I did that he has been eating a lot even if I leave the food out he is so spoild he meows n wakes me up at night I have to stand there then he eats.. then I go bake to sleep.. thats every 2 hours... hop he don't get useto this

snowballmomy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How much is he eating now?
about 150g he eat in 24 hours... a lot I left few times 4 to 5 tsp of food he don't eat at once.. he roams around come to his bowl n eats when he feels like.. if he crys for more I show him the bowl.. sometimes he justs comes to me when he wants food even if there is food there.. I don't get it..

Last edited:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's used to depending on you, which is sweet. I'm glad that he has constant food access now. He should be getting his fill now!

snowballmomy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How is your kitten now??
he is so much better now.. jumping and playing.. back to normal.. but I am still giving him antibiotics the vet gave me 3 tablets.. 1/4 tablet twice a day.. I only gave him 1... must I keep giving.. cos he seems to be fine now

snowballmomy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He's used to depending on you, which is sweet. I'm glad that he has constant food access now. He should be getting his fill now!
i left dry food out as well in case he wants or feels for it.. he hardly eats that... lazy to chew I guess..lol

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You must always finish a full course of antibiotics, for you and your cat. He will not be better otherwise. Give it as prescribed.

snowballmomy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww no.. he keeps me up the whole night... cuddles play n eat...seriously.. must I carry him n play?... what if he gets useto all this[emoji]128582[/emoji]

snowballmomy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Now I see some blood in his urine... 1 thing ends and next thing is awaiting.. can some 1 tell me about this... ishh im always stressed... there's no end.. it can be antibiotics?

These thing are so scary.. I haven't ever heard about it... it's just puts me off how much a little thing can go true... he is only 10 n half weeks..

Last edited:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now I see some blood in his urine... 1 thing ends and next thing is awaiting.. can some 1 tell me about this... ishh im always stressed... there's no end.. it can be antibiotics?

These thing are so scary.. I haven't ever heard about it... it's just puts me off how much a little thing can go true... he is only 10 n half weeks..
You should take him back to the vet. If he's on antibiotics he shouldn't have a uti. So sorry for all you're going through.