Kitten unwell after vaccinations

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snowballmomy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He is still much under weight then his age... and goat milk helps catching up the weight but no were to be found at the moment..

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well, you can worm him again. It won't hurt, but I suggest an antibiotic to clear intestinal bacteria.

snowballmomy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So an update on snowball he his absolutely fine after deworm.. he had a constipation for a day now his back to normal but today what I noticed that his drooling a lot... he eats n plays.. but when his sitting 1 side doing nothing he sits with a little toung out n drools alot

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That could be something serious. Did he get into anything poisonous? Is there something stuck in his mouth? Is it hot and could he be overheated? There are a lot of things that could be wrong. Some serious. I would get him to the vet. Or at least call and see.if the de worming medication could have caused it for some reason.

shenny

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh dear, poor little sausage, it seems to be one thing after the other. I agree with Rhondalee it's better to be safe than sorry. The drooling is worrying and obviously blood in the stools. Let us know how he is. He is adorable. I've read this thread from the beginning and you really are doing a great job when he was so poorly and it was touch and go, getting up around the clock to feed him, I take my hat off to you, and all that hard work is paying off now. I hope he's ok.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What did they worm him with?

The drooling is concerning. Is he still having blood in his poops too?

snowballmomy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No blood in stool he is back to normal... nothing to worry.. may be is was too cold n he might have had cold or something.. it stopped in the afternoon.. His stool is also back to normal every once a day or sometimes twice n peeing well too.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ah, thank goodness he is good again! It sounds like he had a small reaction to something. He is very sensitive. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wonderful news! If it was cold there, could he have gotten overheated from trying to warm under a blanket or something? Autumn did that once. She was on top of the freezer, where all the heat was. I looked at her and her tongue was hanging out and she was drooling. Scared me so bad. I got her cooled off and within a few minutes, she was fine.

snowballmomy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wonderful news! If it was cold there, could he have gotten overheated from trying to warm under a blanket or something? Autumn did that once. She was on top of the freezer, where all the heat was. I looked at her and her tongue was hanging out and she was drooling. Scared me so bad. I got her cooled off and within a few minutes, she was fine.
ishh that feeling..

snowballmomy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh dear, poor little sausage, it seems to be one thing after the other. I agree with Rhondalee it's better to be safe than sorry. The drooling is worrying and obviously blood in the stools. Let us know how he is. He is adorable. I've read this thread from the beginning and you really are doing a great job when he was so poorly and it was touch and go, getting up around the clock to feed him, I take my hat off to you, and all that hard work is paying off now. I hope he's ok.
ishh yes I had a real hard time raising him.. but I'm glad and thankfull to all the ppl here helping me tru all this i wouldn't have done it without them.. well u learn something every day.. I always love cats but never in my life had any experience... it is a wonderful experience.. love my baby too much..

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He's really growing. How old is he now? And thanks for the updates. I've been thinking about you guys. Wondering how everything was going. Looks like it's going well.

snowballmomy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yip lol he is now 19 week.. very playful and now bits a lot.. I guess it's just the teething phase... but I try to give him some soft toys to bit on... and he seem to like all my cosmetic boxes he can bit on...but he prefers to sleep on bed by my leg... ahhh just the only problem is he must wake me up at 4am...