Kitten drops to lethargy and out

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I made the call and brought her to her mom. You must understand that I am with 12-15 hrs of sleep in 4 days and that on the couch instead of my bed. My cat was over anxious all this time with the sudden rise of my activity and the new guest in the house.  Kitten keeps calling me more and more frequently and not for food or due to some pain but just for company (she stops crying when I am around), and when I am with her my cat howls and calls me too. Its crazy. I was enduring this silently due to the critical situation and will again if it becomes again critical.

Other than that she is as strong as her healthy sibling right now. Equally fast and alert. In my judgment she has more need of her mother than of me at this point. That flea infestetation won't be dealt with anytime soon anyhow; Also her sibling has no fleas that I noticed. Maybe she got them during the time she was in coma and abandoned? 

Her mom immediately accepted her, brought her to the clearest corner of the yard and groomed her. Already some of the filth I was afraid to remove with wet cloth is cleared. Mommy let her nurse her. I will be monitoring the situation and provide feed every 3-4 hours, which I hope she won't need should mom cat continue to nurse her.
Best news I've had in quite some time! 
 Trust me, I am so excited right now, I got goosebumps! Always trust the colony cats. They are such good teams and they are troopers. They look out for each other, let alone their own babies! I am sooooo happy for the baby girl and for you also! You get to sleep in your bed tonight! WooHoo! hahah! I believe your own cat will have her/his dad back, all for her/himself so I am happy for her/him too :) Good call. So happy!

Maybe share some pics of the baby, the colony and your own kitty some time? We will be grateful 

chipmunk-kim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, I'd love to see pics of everyone too. Are any of the colony cats spayed or neutered? The longer they're allowed to have babies, the more money it costs to feed them. @GrizzlySapien  said something about clinics that did low cost sterilization in your region I think.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This is wonderful news!  Just keep monitoring her for a bit and make sure she doesn't relapse on you.  In the meantime, GET SOME SLEEP!  If ever a man has earned it, you have,

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aha!  I knew you were right to ignore that vet!  Good job, @George Chr.  I know you can't take any pictures right now, but when you can we'd all love to see them.  You'll find that we're all batty for kitten pictures here.

Margret

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay! I just got all caught up on this post and what a roller coaster! I was sitting on the edge of my seat!  I would love to see pictures if you can get some! And I hope that you allow some of the members here to help with the spay/neuters of the colony of cats near you!