KC the Pregnant Stray

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
She is very beautiful, and looking quite at home with you there.  
    She has a lovely shiny coat and looking healthy which is nice.  Hope all goes smoothly for her when the kittens start to arrive.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks. Her two kittens from before were fixed yesterday. She has been extra loving and she has been nesting more. I haven't been feeling the babies move as much. I think she is close to her due date. Both her and the litter she is going to have are getting fixed as soon as they are able and after that the litter is finding new homes! I cannot wait for her to have these babies!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It does sound like she is very close!

How are the kittens doing since they were fixed? Playing as usual? :)

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They are trying to play. They still have a huge appetite and they drink a lot of water. They are still locked in the crates because they are playing to hard.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I did not get the 10-day order from my vet, so mine resumed playing immediately, but they do not go outside at all either. :)

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The vet said they had to stay inside for 7 to 10 days. The kittens are only crated at night now, but that is because at night it seems as though they are on crack. They run around the house and are just over crazy so until it hits the 10 day mark they will stay in the crates at night. They seem to be doing perfectly fine though. Kasey is still huge and the babies are moving like crazy!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sounds like things are on track!

KC should have her babies real soon :).

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kasey is giving birth right now. She has one black kitten and it is a little girl. Video and pictures to follow.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So glad to hear she is laboring and delivering. Is she in one of her nests?

Keep us updated as to how she is doing! :)

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is giving birth in the cardboard box I set up for her. I am happy she is finally giving birth. I have to leave in a few days to pet sit and almost thought she would have them when I was not here. I am sitting with her and petting her.her stomach is still big, it doesn't even look like it has gotten smaller at all.

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes just one so far. She is have icing contractions right now so it shouldn't be long until she has another.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
It's late here and I'm never going to be able to stay up through this but now I'm going to be laying in bed wondering how things are going and how many kittens there are....  
  I will be sending big positive vibes for KC and her little ones and checking in before I go to work so I know how things have gone 'over night'.   Really glad you are there with her.  

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kitten number 2 has been born.

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She has had 6 kittens. I think she might be done. They are now eating. She has three black kittens and three striped kittens. 4 girls and 2 boys. I will recheck gender when they are all dry.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well, KC has had a big day! 6 kittens! They look to be nursing well. It's easier to verify sex even a couple of weeks later. :)

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She did. This seemed to have been a hard labor and delivery for her. After the kittens came out the placenta was still inside and it stayed thay way for 30 minuets each time. I had to help her on more than one occasion. I am so happy she had the babies when I was here. No one else in my family knows how to help a cay give birth. I have gotten really good at sexing animals. Bit the will be fixed in about 12 weeks so the vet will be able to tell me for sure.